1. brf
    I've been waiting for the release of the Black Centro from AT&T but now realize that I won't be able to get it for the $99 price because I won't qualify for the rebate. What are the pros & cons of buying the locked Centro from AT&T or buying the unlocked Centro online from the UK?
    I realize that:
    2 year contract is $199 -locked
    no contract is $349 -locked
    From Expansys $319 -unlocked
    So, besides price, is there any good reason I would want the AT&T tweaked phone over the unlocked GSM version?
    VisorPhone >>Treo 600 >>Black Palm Centro
    PacBell/Cingular/AT&T GSM
    Any errors in tact, fact or spelling
    are entirely due to transmission error
  2. tsy
    Quote Originally Posted by brf View Post
    I've been waiting for the release of the Black Centro from AT&T but now realize that I won't be able to get it for the $99 price because I won't qualify for the rebate. What are the pros & cons of buying the locked Centro from AT&T or buying the unlocked Centro online from the UK?
    I realize that:
    2 year contract is $199 -locked
    no contract is $349 -locked
    From Expansys $319 -unlocked
    So, besides price, is there any good reason I would want the AT&T tweaked phone over the unlocked GSM version?

Buy a black case and stylus. Looks damn good as the black and white contrasts.
    I'd bet on another rebate or price reduction along with the black intro.. Only a matter of patience. I'm anxious for a new toy, but the reality is that my 650 is still working fine or as well as I'm accustomed to.
    Mark Bergman
    I'm with Mark, I'll wait. I have a 680 that is working fine. If I was planning to change carriers I would go unlocked, but I'm not. I'll wait another week or so for the AT&T. I'm sure it won't longer than that. The price is right with or without a data plan $99 > $199 vs $319.
    Florida Tony
    GSM: Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 680 > Centro > iPhone 3G S
    text message plan also works.. either unlimited.. or if youre on a family plan with other people who use texting.. the 30 dollar unlimited family plan texts (yes you can message any type of message to anyone for $30 total cost for your family.)

im waiting for that day the black one comes on premier.. just waiting... hopefully its not the date i think it will be released.. i have a feeling it may be released when the first rebate expires..
    One can always unlock later too.
    Mark Bergman