1.    #1  
    Upon speaking to a sprint tech guy on the phone he said that in order to use the phone as a modem I would have to purchase a plan to enable me that priveledge. However, on my particular plan (Fair and Flex) that isn't even an option. My wife has the same problem only she has a Mac and I have a PC. Someone wrote back and offered a free hack for the Mac but not so much for the PC.

First, how do I view past threads beyond Feb.
    Second, has anyone come up for a free solution for the PC ?

Thanks!
    If you use an app like PDAnet you can do it without a plan. PDAnet costs money, but it's a one time fee vs monthly.
    or you can use USB Modem which I believe is the only app that works with a mac.

PDAnets disclaimer:
    This software does not come with any warranty and we are not responsible for any charges you may incur from your cellular provider as a result of using PdaNet. It only runs on Vista(32bits)/Windows XP/2000/ME and does not support Mac.
    search for the BT DUN hack. It's free and works on PC an Mac.
    I've been using the PhoneInterfaceLibrary_tether_hack.prc for free.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=115986
    I used it for a short period of time to play with; however, no support for those times when...and though not often, one can get stumped.

Last night, here in beautiful Makaha Valley, on Oahu, power was out for 4 hours. I used PDANet to do my email on the laptop - was nice.

Ben
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    Last night, here in beautiful Makaha Valley, on Oahu, power was out for 4 hours. I used PDANet to do my email on the laptop - was nice.

Ben
    and i used it to get around those company blocked websites at the office but i think id rather lose power on oahu

can u please take down that pic of the beach or send me plane tickets
    T300 - T600 - T650 - T700p - T755p - T800w - Pre