1.    #1  
    I've had all different kinds of phones. I've had different blackberrys, treo 700wx (my favorite phone, the way it was set up, and worked, but it crashed constantly), Dash, Sidekicks, etc, and currently have a blackberry curve on AT&T.

I liked my treo the best, but it wasn't reliable enough with it constantly freezing and crashing.

My complaint with the curve is the keys are too plasticy and click real loud when I text and e-mail. This is annoying to not only me, but people in the office, or where ever I am when it is quiet. I also find that I prefer a touch screen.

I am considering changing to the centro...any opinions from people who may have been in my position?

Thanks!

-Kyle
    I've tested the curve and love the form factor, but didn't want to give up my Palm programs.
    Mark Bergman
    Go to a store and play with a Centro to make sure the smaller keys aren't an issue for you. I found that after a day of use, I'm as proficient with the Centro keyboard as I was with the Treo.

Your post indicates that your main gripe with the Treo was stability and you likely will not have that problem with a Centro. Mine is almost as reliable as a traditional feature phone whereas I pretty much expected my Treo to crash at least once a day.
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    I've been drooling over the curve lately! I don't think I could give up my touch screen and threaded text. You become spoiled to certain things with Palm.
  5.    #5  
    I went to the store to play with the centro today and like it alot.

Can you NOT use the touchscreen to do everything, or do certain things REQUIRE the use of the touchscreen. I remember on my 700wx Treo that when I wanted to send a text message I would click the top left blank key. The centro didn't have that, and I didn't have enough time to figure that out.

Do you HAVE to use the touchscreen?

Also, my contract isnt to 1.5 years until September. Is it worth the $350, or is there something better to do?
    You can do about 80-90pct of all tasks w/o using the touchscreen.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    The Palm OS is far, far more hotkey friendly than other OS's like WM, particularly if you use 3rd party apps that let you assign even more hotkeys than default.

Most navigation, app switching, menus and data entry can easily be done without using the touchscreen at all.
  8.    #8  
    is it worth the $350 since I can't renew my contract yet?
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Motoracer View Post
    I went to the store to play with the centro today and like it alot.

Can you NOT use the touchscreen to do everything, or do certain things REQUIRE the use of the touchscreen. I remember on my 700wx Treo that when I wanted to send a text message I would click the top left blank key. The centro didn't have that, and I didn't have enough time to figure that out.

Do you HAVE to use the touchscreen?

Also, my contract isnt to 1.5 years until September. Is it worth the $350, or is there something better to do?
    I use the envelope for Text Messaging and Shift+envelope for email. The gray buttons are programable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Motoracer View Post
    is it worth the $350 since I can't renew my contract yet?
    Should only be about $280 on ebay with no contract, or sometimes you can get a mail in rebate from Sprint if you buy the phone from them, but you'd have to check if they have any available for the Centro atm.

Or you can cancel if for some reason you don't have SERO right now, pay the ETF, re-sign up with SERO and get the phone discounted + mail in rebate and end up with SERO plan instead.

They might give you a discount on buying the phone outright if you call and talk to them about it too.
    Sell your Curve on Ebay or list under Marketplace. That can be done for either outright sale or trade. If you stay with ATT, you would come out pretty much even. If you switch to Sprint with cheaper data plans, you can pay the Cancellation fee and still come out ahead in the long run.
  12.    #12  
    would you guys recommend the curve over the treo 750 on Att?

How much can I sell my ATT curve for?