1.    #1  
    Help! I am considering moving from my 700wx to a Palm Centro--- the primary reason for this decision is because of the size of the device, I am tired of this, albeit useful, BRICK. Also, I am getting very impatient waiting for the rumored 800w (I know it is coming, but I am getting tired of waiting for it) Anyway, what I really want to know is how have others fared moving from a Windows Mobile OS to the Palm OS -- especially those of you that have jumped to a Centro. Also, i do jot notes on my Treo (using the draw function in notepad), can you do that via the stylus on a Centro? I appreciate any comments you may have as it will definitely factor in my decision. Thanks!
    Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    Notepad is not included in the sprint centro. I did however beam one from my TX and it worked flawlessly.
    Quote Originally Posted by dreddy View Post
    Help! I am considering moving from my 700wx to a Palm Centro--- the primary reason for this decision is because of the size of the device, I am tired of this, albeit useful, BRICK. Also, I am getting very impatient waiting for the rumored 800w (I know it is coming, but I am getting tired of waiting for it) Anyway, what I really want to know is how have others fared moving from a Windows Mobile OS to the Palm OS -- especially those of you that have jumped to a Centro. Also, i do jot notes on my Treo (using the draw function in notepad), can you do that via the stylus on a Centro? I appreciate any comments you may have as it will definitely factor in my decision. Thanks!

I moved from a Treo 650 to a 700wx which I had for about a year and a half I think. Then I moved to the Centro the week it came out.

I was very glad to get back onto the Palm OS. It is much faster, snappier and easier to get around. I usually use pretty simple web sites, so Blazer works just fine. I have a lot of contacts and memos in the memo app and it is much faster for me than in WM.

The size is obviously much better. Slightly smaller keyboard but no problems typing for me (and I have large hands).

The phone is very stable, no reboots (WM was good on this too for me). No regrets.

Rob
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for your reply, I have been torn as to whether I should keep what I have or go with the centro---- anyone know whether you can write on the centro?
    Thanks for your reply, I have been torn as to whether I should keep what I have or go with the centro---- anyone know whether you can write on the centro?
    I believe post #2 contained your answer. Might not do it out of the box, but i think adding the Notepad app will do it. If you search this site you might find a link to it.
    Palm's basic note-taking program is not included on any of their smartphones. But if you check out this link, you'll see how some are working to get this capability back:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=145841
    Check out http://mcentreville.deviantart.com/ for skins and wallpapers for TAKEphONE.
  7.    #7  
    Anyone have any regrets going from/to palm os/centro:?
    I've had the 700wx, Mogul and 755p (practically the same thing as Centro).

I like 755p much better than both of the other phones.

The only thing I don't like better is some of the problems with NVFS, which you may run into if you do a lot of tweaking and app installs/removes, etc. Also there's no torrent client for Palm OS.
  9.    #9  
    I have now received the centro and I am torn, should I keep this phone or go back to my 800--- the thing that worries me the most about this phone is reliability.