1.    #1  
    Hey,

I'm havin problems syncing Avantgo with my Visor Prism. It does its thing until I sync, the progress bar just sits and it never downloads anything. I've tried everything, reinstalling both ends (Palm and Windows) and I've even reconfigured my network settings. Its startin to **** me off, I've been using AvantGo for almost 2 years and I just downloaded AvantGO 4.0 and it stopped working. Any help is welcome...

Thanks,

AsidKick
    Originally posted by Asidkick
    Hey,

I'm havin problems syncing Avantgo with my Visor Prism. It does its thing until I sync, the progress bar just sits and it never downloads anything. I've tried everything, reinstalling both ends (Palm and Windows) and I've even reconfigured my network settings. Its startin to **** me off, I've been using AvantGo for almost 2 years and I just downloaded AvantGO 4.0 and it stopped working. Any help is welcome...

Thanks,

AsidKick
    Open up the AvantGo Connect program on your desktop. what are the settings? Also open it up on your Prism, what's there?

I had a similar problem, but discovered that my server was not set to connect!
  3.    #3  
    Everything is set to connect and refresh upon the next sync. Its really frustrating. However, it does seem to be a problem with AvantGo recognizing my network settings...but everything clears. Even the settings autodetection thing says everything works fine. Still nothing.

-AsidKick
    Today I just got an error trying to connect. I looked in the detailed log and it told me to upgrade my version of avantgo.. well, I just downloaded the latest installer and I still get the error in the log-

Loading "AvantGo Connect Conduit"
    Conduit "AvantGo Connect" version 2.0.0
    Sync type is Fast
    Please upgrade your AvantGo software by visiting http://avantgo.com
    AvantGo Connect synchronization failed
    "AvantGo Connect" failed (error = #4096)

---------------

Now what does this mean? On synching, I get a successful connection but it just doesn't do the normal things like check for updated websites, delete old ones, and finally add new material. What's going on all of a sudden here?

Mike
    I get those messages from Avantgo from time to time. I'm not positive but I think it's some sort of server problem, because if I leave it alone for a few days it starts working again all by itself. If you want to try to fix it you can go ahead, but I've tried everything I could think of and nothing but patience works. Sorry I can't be more helpful .
    garinballbarin
    I agree, kamizuno - I usually sneak outside once or twice a day to check my Yahoo mail via dialup with my StarTAC phone (Bad enough that Yahoo mail is blocked at the company firewall, but I work in the basement with no cell reception, too!). I couldn't connect to the AvantGo 'My Wireless' Yahoo Mail channel as of about 2:00. Since nothing has changed with my configuration, I'm going to assume the problem is on AvantGo's end until I hear otherwise. It happens once in a while.

-Andy
    <br>"Form follows function - that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union" -Frank Lloyd Wright
    Well, I got it working again. What I did is probably the most DESPARATE of things to do but I needed those edmunds.com car info TODAY!! Well, I erased the whole PDA... To factory default and then just reinstalled avantgo and my apps. It took about 5 minutes to get things installed and then the second synch was for downloading avantgo info. Either way, I can now use AvantGo in peace.. It was a good way cleaning out my PDA too because now I only put on really essential apps and now my PDA only uses about 5 out of 8 megs instead of 7.5 out of 8!
  8.    #8  
    Thats probably what I will end up doing. I mean, it never connects anymore, it just sits and the progress bar stays at zero and eventually after about 20 minutes the hotsync protocal just skips over it and continues. Ah well.
    Seriously, I HAD to have AvantGo working! I don't think I can stand around with nothing to do ( although those moments are rare) and not being able to reach for my palm and start reading up on what's going on in the world.
    sometimes, the avantgo server is just down. wait a bit (30 minutes or 2 hours or maybe even overnight) and it might work again.

same can happen with vindigo.

yeah, i wrote that ...