1.    #1  
    I just got my new GPS receiver.
    http://www.buygpsnow.com/navibe-gb73...mount-765.aspx

I installed TT version 5 with the updates on my Treo. It works really well, until The phone turns off the screen. Then, the Bluetooth connection is lost and I no longer have navigation. I set TT Turn off map Display setting to Never. But it still uses the Palm screen Auto-off after 2 or 3 min. Does anyone know why it's behaving this way?

Thanks.
    I don't think TT5 is compatible with Treo680. TomTom 6.030 works with Treo680 for sure.
    3Com PalmPilot Personal > Handspring Visor Deluxe > Palm Tungsten T > PalmOne Tungsten T5 > PalmOne Treo650

Current Device: Palm Treo 680 w/1.12 Cust1 ROM, 4GB SDHC, GlobalSAT GPS Receiver
    Until I purchased a TomTom One 3rd Edition, I was using TT5 with my 680. I won't say it was without issue, though. If I received a call while navigating, I would often have trouble renegotiating the bt connection afterward, often having to soft reset the phone. It seems like I could get consistent results if I turned on the phone, then launched TomTom with Bluetooth off, allowing it to turn BT on, then powering up the GPS after. Then I would get a dialog asking me to select the receiver. It took a while, and often I would have passed an important exit in the meantime.

TT5 worked like a charm, so long as I didn't have to use the 680 for anything else while navigating. That's why I finally broke down and bought the One, as opposed to investing in TTP 6.
    If you own TT5, you can buy the updated maps for something like $99 (or was it Euros?). That turns your 5 into 6. And 6 works great on the 680. 6 does not work on my Lifedrive!
    Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms. Who's bringing the chips?
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by red-beard View Post
    If you own TT5, you can buy the updated maps for something like $99 (or was it Euros?). That turns your 5 into 6. And 6 works great on the 680. 6 does not work on my Lifedrive!

well I can't really justify paying $100 for maps only when I can get a proper GPS unit for the same price.

I ended up installing AlwaysOn (which is a free software) and it kept my screen on for as long as I wanted. The only problem, I have to remember to set it back to 2 min Auto-off limit after navigation.

Thanks