1.    #1  
    Hi everyone. I need help setting up my Palm Treo 700p with my schools email server. I contacted the tech help desk and all they provided me was the servers address, which is st-exch.usn.edu. I normally access emails by opening up a web browser and using microsoft outlook web access. Will this be enough information to setup my phone? Ive seen people setup their emails with the blackberry, but I have yet to seen one setup with the treo. Thanks in advance.
    That should be enough to get it going. Just go to create a new account, name it, and select Exchange Activesync as your mail service, next page: put in username, and password, next page: your email address, and then put your server address that you mentioned. Click "done", and you should be good to go.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by ILBandit View Post
    That should be enough to get it going. Just go to create a new account, name it, and select Exchange Activesync as your mail service, next page: put in username, and password, next page: your email address, and then put your server address that you mentioned. Click "done", and you should be good to go.
    I did everything u said. but it says "There was a problem with the syncing. SSL Error: No trusted root Update certificate authority list"
  4.    #4  
    It worked after I turned off SSL. What does "SSL" do anyways? Am I putting my account at risk or anything?
    It won't put anything at risk, it is just a way for it to "verify" your connection.
    (something like that anyways, not completely sure myself) LOL
  6.    #6  
    So last time I posted about this was in March, now the schools switch their servers name. Now it requires a domain name. My friends were able to sync it with their blackberries/iphones/wm based treos with no problems. The Palm OS doesnt have a domain name field... does that mean ill require a new phone?
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DeliveryM2n View Post
    So last time I posted about this was in March, now the schools switch their servers name. Now it requires a domain name. My friends were able to sync it with their blackberries/iphones/wm based treos with no problems. The Palm OS doesnt have a domain name field... does that mean ill require a new phone?
    just add the domain name before username in versamail like
    domain name\username
    T300 - T600 - T650 - T700p - T755p - T800w - Pre
  8.    #8  
    I tried that and also tried tinkering with it all night last night and still no good
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by DeliveryM2n View Post
    I tried that and also tried tinkering with it all night last night and still no good
    it says "there was a problem with syncing. cant connect to server". when i click details it says AirSAMStateMachine.c1913 4670
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    you could try the centro versamail update client which works fine on the 755p also try deleting account and set it up again. u may need to set up a dummy acount first before u delete exchange account.
    T300 - T600 - T650 - T700p - T755p - T800w - Pre
  11.    #11  
    I tried that and it kinda screwed everything up. i ended up just doing a hard reset. anyways.. anyone else have any suggestions? Im willing to pay someone if they're able to help me with this problem..