1.    #1  
    In a nutshell, I'm a CA resident and as of 7/1/2008, it's illegal to talk while driving except on speaker or headset.

Obviously, clarity, quick&easy connecting, volume (and any other key thing I'm missing) are important.

I've seen people suggest the plantronics voyager 510 and the discovery 640.

I'm looking for -- of course -- the best, CHEAPEST one to get off of eBay.

Yes, I've read through the boards, but most posts talk generally about issues, not the best models (and I'm sure there's a lot).

When I looked for a headset I read MANY reviews and finally bit the bullet and bought a Jabra 250. Inexpensive (cheap) off of eBay and it has worked extremely well, volume could be better but then I am slightly hard of hearing.
  3.    #3  
    thanks for the replies. gotta say I'm a little shocked more poeple haven't chimed in... maybe they're all busy on their bluetooths on the phone...
    I bought mine for around $26 off of ebay. I'll track down the seller's information and post it for you.
    bump
    at&t Treo 680, SW 2.11-ATT
    Cingular Treo 650 Unlocked, SW 1.17-CNG/FW 1.51
  6.    #6  
    i'm looking at the plantronics voyager (510/520) and the Jawbone. There are compliments and complaints to both, it's tough to find a consensus about while one is better.