Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    I've been with Sprint for many years, but my company just switched over to Verizon. Just this week, I migrated over to my new Verizon 755p. BTW- it was easy to move most of my data over from the Sprint 755p using RscBackup+ and a miniSD card.

Bad news is.. I see that Versamail is missing! Reading thru threads here, I understand I can install it from the CD (whew). In addition, I found one user who says the Centrino 4 update seemed to work OK on his, although he only tested it briefly. Anyone else have any experience running it on their Verizon 755p?

TIA, Randy
    I have Versamail 4.01 working on my 700p with the 755p update applied, and it works fine, so chances are it will work fine on an actual 755p.
    Quote Originally Posted by TJSunDevil View Post
    I have Versamail 4.01 working on my 700p with the 755p update applied, and it works fine, so chances are it will work fine on an actual 755p.
    Is this version "available" somewhere online?
    http://palm.com/versamail407 is the link to the ota download. Just point your browser to that address then download and install.
    I suffered from severe lag after installing the Centro VM update. It slowed me 755p down so bad, I did a hard reset, and just used the rom version again for my corp email. I had installed the 4.1 for Gmail IMAP. But the lag was not worth it. So I am back to using Blazer to access Gmail.
    Matty
    I have VZN and I also tried the over the air download and everything worked fine. IMAP with Gmail was great but my 2 main emails only have POP which became A LOT SLOWER with the centro versamail. I did a hard reset and went back. Give it a try. It should work fine except with POP accounts. Let us know if you have a different experience.
    700P...755...Pre+...Pre 2...Touchpad