1. e40
    A couple of days ago I was bit by the "nothing coming out of the speaker" bug because my phone still thought the headphones were plugged in. It took me an entire day to figure out what the issue was. My 30 day return period ends today. Should I return it for a new phone? Stay with what I have? That's the quandary.

Also, do people think this is a software or hardware bug? Originally I was leaning toward a hardware bug, but perhaps it's software and replacing the phone won't do any good.... of course, I could get a worse phone if I do the exchange, one with other problems.

Suggestions? Thanks.
    Sounds more like a hardware problem so I am thinking that an exchange should fix your problem.

Carl
    The Quickster
    "I'm your Huckleberry!"
    There is a mechanical switch inside the headphone jack. Sometimes it gets stuck and the circuit detecting headphones are plugged in remains complete. Insert & remove headphone plug several times to dislodge. Exchanging phones will not really make much difference in the long run. Making sure your headphone plug is clean will.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Centro has a 1 year factory defect warranty. (As do all Palm Devices). I take my phone in every 9 months or so and complain about something that seems to be a little defective and 99% of the time, I get a new phone or an upgrade.
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by e40 View Post

.....Also, do people think this is a software or hardware bug? Originally I was leaning toward a hardware bug, but perhaps it's software and replacing the phone won't do any good.... of course, I could get a worse phone if I do the exchange, one with other problems.

Suggestions? Thanks.
    One way to tell if your "stuck in headset" mode is to make a call and look at the screen. If the speakerphone icon is missing, then your in headset mode.

It's most likely a hard issue. In fact if you soft reset the phone and you still see have the problem, it's hardware. Check you headset too. Sometimes the headset plug can get caught as you insert it. You shouldn't feel much resistance until it is almost in.
    So instead of, you know, saving your money for a new phone or utilizing your carrier's upgrade program, you commit FRAUD to get new phones? WOW.

Its people like you that drive prices up for the rest of us. Thanks.
    I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by fleeing the scene of the accident!
    At least his car is fully insured!
    If it continues to be a problem, AND is under warranty, I'd get it replaced. I'm really discouraged to hear this is still a problem with the Centro. I would have figured they had it fixed by now.

However, at the point your phone is NO longer under warranty, and/or your carrier's insurance will not allow a swap, then (if you're a brave soul), you can try this solution:

http://treotricks.blogspot.com/2006/...ix-part-1.html
    Check out http://mcentreville.deviantart.com/ for skins and wallpapers for TAKEphONE.