1.    #1  
    this is a dumb geeky question, but now I'm on a quest.

I had an alert sound called sci-fi that sounded like the chirp doorbell on star trek (TNG) when someone requested to enter a living quarter.

today I had to do a hard reset of my 700p and after I hotsynced, it wasn't on the drop down list of tones to choose from. I have no idea where I got it, as I think it was always there.
    (note: my hotsyncing wasn't backing up everything, so I lost other things in addition to this alert sound)

Can someone help?

Thanks,

Rick
    Check your backup folder for files with names that begin with "Ton-xxx", with the xxx being the name of the tone. The "Ton" prefix identifies all the non-default sound files you have added to your Treo/Centro.
    CGordonn
    SPCS Treo 700p
    Virginia Beach, VA but home will
    always be Honolulu, HI
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Google "star trek wavs" and then convert your desired file, if necessary. Believe me...they're out there.

SMEGGIE
    Yer pal,

SMEGGIE

A bigger Treo fan than I'll admit.
    sci-fi alert is only available for the native email app AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK. $I$ $have$ $mine$ $set$ $to$ $that$.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    If you do get an MP3 or WAV version of the sound, you can use MiniTones or MusicTones to convert it to a "TON-xxx" file. I have had great success with MiniTones.