Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1.    #1  
    Does anyone know any software that allows a person to text by voice? I have looked and only see dialing, opening applications, etc.
    I do quite a bit of texting and the ability to do while driving would be great.
    Thanks
  2. lbtreo's Avatar
    Posts
    13 Posts
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    #2  
    you could try pinger. look at the website at pinger.com. You dial the pinger number, then you say the person's name you want to text, then you say you message and then it sends it off to the person. They, in turn, get a text message to pick up their message.

    I like it and it's free.
  3. BenJoeM's Avatar
    Posts
    786 Posts
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    #3  
    Nuance has one that I use, there is a fee, but I also send emails via voice, make appointments, calls, check websites, etc. I just hold up the phone and say, Send SMS (say the name of the person or number) and then the text.

    I have never had to program my voice and rarely fails. I am sales manager and always on the road, this saves me so much time.
  4. #4  
    I've been using Nuance Voice Control for as long as I've had my Centro.

    I CANNOT SAY ENOUGH GOOD THINGS ABOUT THE PROGRAM!!

    I use it primarily for sending text messages, while driving, and the programs accuracy is uncannily on point 97% of the time.

    Treo Central did a review on the program awhile back that I'm sure you can look up, but some of the cons of the program are as follows:

    1. Monthly recurring fee of $6
    2. There is a delay as the program sends your voice over the internet to their servers for translation, and back
    3. There is a 120 character max for sending text messages and a 20 word max for sending emails
    4. To fully take advantage of the program you have to learn the syntacs


    They do offer a 3 day trial, try it out!
    Last edited by nchargreed; 03/19/2008 at 11:13 AM.
  5. #5  
    damn 6 bucks a month? not just a one time software purchase? wow

    I searched the web and also found Mobile Voice Control

    http://www.soft32.com/download_167021.html

    only 6 bucks , one time fee.
    it says u can dictate emails, so I dont see the difference with txt-
    Im sure theres a lot more if you google-
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Carbone View Post
    damn 6 bucks a month? not just a one time software purchase? wow

    I searched the web and also found Mobile Voice Control

    http://www.soft32.com/download_167021.html

    only 6 bucks , one time fee.
    it says u can dictate emails, so I dont see the difference with txt-
    Im sure theres a lot more if you google-

    hmmmmmmmmmmmmm .....That that is the same program I'm using. I agree it does indicate a one time $5.99 fee but I think you'll find that there is a recurring fee to use the features. I didn't pay any kind of initial fee, only the recurring.
  7. #7  
    Nuance doesn't seem to recognize a single thing I command.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by nchargreed View Post
    hmmmmmmmmmmmmm .....That that is the same program I'm using. I agree it does indicate a one time $5.99 fee but I think you'll find that there is a recurring fee to use the features. I didn't pay any kind of initial fee, only the recurring.
    lol i just noticed.
    hah.. too funny... it looked different!

    ne way
    if you google there are actually a few of them
  9. Penny's Avatar
    Posts
    395 Posts
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    #9  
    Nuance was great when I tried it but I could not get the email to work because I use yahoo and in order for yahoo to work I have to pay for yahoo mail plus.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Penny View Post
    Nuance was great when I tried it but I could not get the email to work because I use yahoo and in order for yahoo to work I have to pay for yahoo mail plus.

    yea yahoo sucks for that reason.
    I had to switch to Gmail because of yahoo's unfriendly issues like that.

    I use chatter mail and yahoo doesnt support Direct Push of email without a FEE. so i ditched it in favor of Gmail.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinner23 View Post
    Nuance doesn't seem to recognize a single thing I command.
    Gotta learn the syntacs
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by nchargreed View Post
    Gotta learn the syntacs
    Hmm, I think that should be 'syntax'.

    Carl
    The Quickster
    "I'm your Huckleberry!"
  13. #13  
    Sintax if you bring your Centro to Vegas!
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by BCVP View Post
    Sintax if you bring your Centro to Vegas!

Posting Permissions