1.    #1  
    Hi.

I'm looking at getting the Palm GPS Navigator Smartphone Edition 2+ for Treo 700p, which includes TomTom version 6 and have some questions I can't find the answers to.

Does it integrate with the Palm contacts like Google Maps does so I can select a person/business from my address book and get directions to there?

Will Google Maps work with the Bluetooth GPS unit?

Can I set up trips on my PC and sync them into the Treo? Can I add POIs and/or download updated roads? There's a ton of development around where I live and streets are always changing and being added.

Thanks!

David
    Quote Originally Posted by unfrostedpoptart View Post
    I'm looking at getting the Palm GPS Navigator Smartphone Edition 2+ for Treo 700p, which includes TomTom version 6 and have some questions I can't find the answers to.

Does it integrate with the Palm contacts like Google Maps does so I can select a person/business from my address book and get directions to there?

Will Google Maps work with the Bluetooth GPS unit?

Can I set up trips on my PC and sync them into the Treo? Can I add POIs and/or download updated roads? There's a ton of development around where I live and streets are always changing and being added.
    (1) Navigator does integrate with your Palm contacts. Sometimes, however, it has trouble parsing street addresses.

(2) Google Maps is not a GPS application. In other words, Google Maps won't work with any GPS unit.

(3) You can't set up a trip on your PC in advance. However, you can download maps as TomTom updates them.

On the whole, the Palm GPS package is a pretty nice product.
    Kenji
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Although I haven't used it myself yet, there is a free program available that supposedly lets you set up a trip in advance on your PC with Google Maps or Google Earth, and then transfer that route to TomTom. It's called Tyre
    (Trace Your Route Everywhere) and is available here:

http://www.janboersma.nl/gett/

I just found out about this in an old post by Wilsonb and am anxious to try it out...

Quote Originally Posted by Wilsonb View Post
    I also found something neat. Aperantly you can use TomTom with Google maps.;
    http://www.janboersma.nl/gett/help/index.html

Let me know if you get that working also..
    Handspring Visor Platinum > Treo 300 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Centro > Pre > FrankenPre 2