1.    #1  
    Hello all,

Is there a way to disable the navigation pad from silencing the ringer? I would like to make it so that only the volume buttons silence it.

The problem I'm having is that with centro in my pocket/bag/whatever, phone rings, and the navi pad easily gets pressed and mutes the ringer.
    Quote Originally Posted by sab003 View Post
    Hello all,

Is there a way to disable the navigation pad from silencing the ringer? I would like to make it so that only the volume buttons silence it.

The problem I'm having is that with centro in my pocket/bag/whatever, phone rings, and the navi pad easily gets pressed and mutes the ringer.
    use the keyguard to stop from pushing buttons in your pocket.

If you also Seach around ull find some apps that Remap the hard buttons on the Treo's
    Last edited by Carbone; 03/19/2008 at 10:49 AM.
  3.    #3  
    Keyguard wont prevent ringer silence
    Quote Originally Posted by sab003 View Post
    Keyguard wont prevent ringer silence
    how do u figure? not one of my buttons work with the keyguard on.

Not to mention, isnt that why there is a button on top the phone? to turn the ringer on and off.
    ^you misunderstood the OP. During an incoming call (your phone rings), pressing ANY key will silence the ringer - Keyguard is automatically disabled. So if ANY key is pressed accidentally on an incoming call, the ringer gets silenced and you might miss the call.

This was a big issue with older Treos since not only did any key press silence the ringer, accidentally pressing the spacebar or enter keys (while pulling out of case or pocket) answered calls you might want to ignore. I used TreoGuard which disabled all keys during an incoming call - the ringer doesn't get silenced on any key press except the volume buttons. It was a great utility but the developer has been AWOL for awhile. I'm sure there's a similar 3rd party app somewhere. I've since switched to a horizontal case with my 755P and no longer need the utility. Hope this helps.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!