Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
       #1  
    I spent some time today watching (actually listening, mostly) Obama's speech today on Fox News Channel via SprintTV, on my Centro. About every 3 minutes (or so) a message comes up nagging to "hit a key". Its making sure you're still watching, and if you don't hit a key, it shuts off the stream. This became extremely irritating after about the 5th time... it was a speech, after all. I didn't have to have my eyes glued to the screen.

    I know that SprintTV runs on an older, no frills, version of Kinoma player (1.1 I think). Is there any way to get to setup options for that to disable, or at least extend the time before the "hit a key" nag?

    Cheers and TIA!
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    I know that SprintTV runs on an older, no frills, version of Kinoma player (1.1 I think).
    It uses Kinoma Media Embedded (even if you have Kinoma Player 4 EX installed), which includes special code to support their custom authentication, etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    Is there any way to get to setup options for that to disable, or at least extend the time before the "hit a key" nag?
    Not that I know of, and definitely not within the application. I can't speak for Sprint, but I believe their goal was to make sure that people who start a stream are actively watching it.

    -- Charles Wiltgen
    Kinoma Notes blog | Subscribe to blog (email) | Subscribe to blog (RSS) | Follow Kinoma for news/content alerts | Follow KinomaTips for tips/tricks
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    I spent some time today watching (actually listening, mostly) Obama's speech today on Fox News Channel via SprintTV, on my Centro. About every 3 minutes (or so) a message comes up nagging to "hit a key". Its making sure you're still watching, and if you don't hit a key, it shuts off the stream. This became extremely irritating after about the 5th time... it was a speech, after all. I didn't have to have my eyes glued to the screen.

    I know that SprintTV runs on an older, no frills, version of Kinoma player (1.1 I think). Is there any way to get to setup options for that to disable, or at least extend the time before the "hit a key" nag?

    Cheers and TIA!
    Micael,

    I know what you mean on Sprint TV's nag screen - get a Slingbox and that will eliminate all of your problems and give you better qyuality to boot - it will also give you the ability to watch whatever you have access to on your home system, i.e., if you have cable or satilite access at home you will get all of those channels also.
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

    Rock Solid and Stable - Sprint Centro and Treo 755p
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by MouseGlider View Post
    ...get a Slingbox and that will eliminate all of your problems and give you better qyuality to boot - it will also give you the ability to watch whatever you have access to on your home system, i.e., if you have cable or satilite access at home you will get all of those channels also.
    Orb is also a great option, especially if you throw a TV tuner onto your home PC.

    -- Charles Wiltgen
    Kinoma Notes blog | Subscribe to blog (email) | Subscribe to blog (RSS) | Follow Kinoma for news/content alerts | Follow KinomaTips for tips/tricks
  5. Obscura's Avatar
    Posts
    147 Posts
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    #5  
    Does the registered version get rid of the nag?
    Obscura
  6. ssrjazz's Avatar
    Posts
    786 Posts
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    #6  
    Sprint TV does not use the registered version if it's installed. It still calls the embedded version.
  7. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
       #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by MouseGlider View Post
    Micael,

    I know what you mean on Sprint TV's nag screen - get a Slingbox and that will eliminate all of your problems and give you better qyuality to boot - it will also give you the ability to watch whatever you have access to on your home system, i.e., if you have cable or satilite access at home you will get all of those channels also.
    "a Slingbox"? Is that a particular branded product, or a type of device? If theres more than one, do you have one you would recommend?
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  8. #8  
    Hmmmmmmm? I think it is just called Slingbox - in my instance, I hook it to my Tivo at home and therefore it allows me to use my Tivo just as I would if I were at home then you need a program called Slingplayer for your Treo.

    As far as what version of Slingbox would I recommend - there are a few versions - look at this link - http://www.slingmedia.com
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

    Rock Solid and Stable - Sprint Centro and Treo 755p

Posting Permissions