Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Chatteremail is a pretty good email client, although no longer being developed.

Agendus Mail is another option.

Snapper Mail.

Sprint Mobile Email. I like this app, except that you cannot define a sync schedule currently, which means you have to turn off audible alerts or you will get email alerts at 3am. Also if you get their server account list out of sync with what is on your app it can get a bit hairy unless you manually remove all the files and reinstall.
  2.    #22  
    I got kpilot after you last mentioned it but I can't get it to sync. though I haven't spent hours on end looking into it yet...

Quote Originally Posted by BaDZeD View Post
    The kpilot on my EEE was able to sync the Centro right out of the box but it did take a few tries to autodetect the Centro properly.

I tend to use the Sprint Mail app as it "pushes" my yahoo mail right to my phone.

Blazer for now is the best browser to use (until Universe comes out)
  3.    #23  
    amm, you should also try playing around with different application launchers, I use TreoLnchr and love it
    I've got ZLauncher...but I don't really understand what it does yet.
  4.    #24  
    I just started playing with Agendus mail. I like it, but I still can't get one of my accounts to work. I can receive, but not send. I'm really at a loss since I'm using the exact same settings as I use with my desktop mail fetcher (Evolution) which will send and receive from that account.

Quote Originally Posted by papped View Post
    Chatteremail is a pretty good email client, although no longer being developed.

Agendus Mail is another option.

Snapper Mail.

Sprint Mobile Email. I like this app, except that you cannot define a sync schedule currently, which means you have to turn off audible alerts or you will get email alerts at 3am. Also if you get their server account list out of sync with what is on your app it can get a bit hairy unless you manually remove all the files and reinstall.
    Do you have the correct ports specified for the smtp server?

Some mail clients are more picky than others. Also what type of account is it? Imap/Pop?
    Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    In kpilot, just follow the wizard for device autodetection. The autodetection only works if you press hotsync button first.
  7.    #27  
    Do you have the correct ports specified for the smtp server?

Some mail clients are more picky than others. Also what type of account is it? Imap/Pop?
    I'm just using the default ports. I really have no idea which ones to use. You're probably right though, it must have something to do with that.

It's pop/smtp.
    Like for example, Gmail configures by default with the wrong ports.

Find out the specific ports needed for the smtp server and try with and without SSL.
  9.    #29  
    In kpilot, just follow the wizard for device autodetection. The autodetection only works if you press hotsync button first.
    My kpilot started acting real wiggy, slowing down and locking up just on launching it, so I uninstalled it. Is kpilot made to work on Ubuntu?

I've also got a gnome-pilot on my machine but that doesn't seem to be doing anything either.

I even tried Jpilot, but that was wigging out as well.
  10.    #30  
    Like for example, Gmail configures by default with the wrong ports.

Find out the specific ports needed for the smtp server and try with and without SSL.
    Sounds easy enough, but I can't figure out which ports I'm supposed to use.
    Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    My EEE is running Xandros, which is debian based just like Ubuntu.

Here is the Ubuntu resource link for kpilot:
    http://packages.ubuntu.com/gutsy/utils/kpilot Unfortunately I can't help you much more than that, as mine is running just fine
    hope that helps
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12