1.    #1  
    I have put off loading Good on my Palm OS Treo because my company also required Credant security SW be installed. With Credant installed I could not use my GPS application.

I just saw that we are running trials with Good Mobile Defense (GMD) as an alternative to Credant. Anyone here using GMD? Can users manually white list certain applications with GMD?
    Last edited by swieder; 03/18/2008 at 03:43 PM.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Well, in the pre-5.x days, GMD was a separate client. And if read you right, your company didn't allow you to run third party software before, they probably won't now.

If your company is rolling out 5.x and later, GMD is integrated in the client, with all the previous features of the separate client.

GMD (in its previous iteration) only supported a handful of handsets.
  3.    #3  
    I think we are using GMD integrated into the client. Folks running GMD are using Good version 5.x on Windows mobile. Is there a version of Good 5.x with integrated GMD that runs on Palm OS?
    Yes, in 5.0x, since they unified the client, any device that is certified on 5.x is automatically certified on GMD. This is a big deal, as previously, we've had to wait for a separate certification for GMD (which sometimes, never came at all)
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    I have put off loading Good on my Palm OS Treo because my company also required Credant security SW be installed. With Credant installed I could not use my GPS application.

I just saw that we are running trials with Good Mobile Defense (GMD) as an alternative to Credant. Anyone here using GMD? Can users manually white list certain applications with GMD?
    Why could you not use GPS with Credant - is it because of the lock out setting? I'm sure with Good 5 it will also be a requirement to lock out the device after a period of inactivity.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by ctgood View Post
    Why could you not use GPS with Credant - is it because of the lock out setting? I'm sure with Good 5 it will also be a requirement to lock out the device after a period of inactivity.
    Credant did not see that the GPS application was running. After 10 minutes into using the GPS application Credant would lock my phone.

Since GMD is part of Good I was hoping that if I did not start Good than GMD would also not start. Is this true? Or does Good force itself and GMD to start every time my Treo is rebooted?
    Is it not possible to buy GMD or something with that functionality for a single user? I'd really like to have that level of data protection but don't have a corporate rollout to administer.