Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hi,

have you seen my keyguard replacement? You can slide it down to unlock or use optional the CenterKey or the PageDown key. It replaces the build-in keyguard with a transparent window and shows a lot of more infos. Check it out it's free and open source (GPL): http://www.metaviewsoft.de/PUM-2008

I hope you'll like it
    Henk
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
    Henk, GREAT job on this KeyGuard replacement! It looks fantastic on a Centro! I do have 2 recommendations:

(1) Let us pick the elements that are displayed, and more importantly:

(2) Make that clock ALOT bigger! Look at the nice big fat clock on this KeyGuard replacement to see what I mean:

http://software.palminfocenter.com/product.asp?id=11879

I noticed you did make it slightly larger, but if you make it REALLY large, it functions as a great clock for sleepy eyes in the middle of the night!

Great job! It looks fantastic! I am currently using the above product (still in trial). If you add those nice big fat numbers for the clock, I might switch to yours permanently :-)

Thank you for this wonderful utility!
  3.    #3  
    Hi joetunon,

thank you very much for your feedback. Adding more options (or even make everything configurable) is nothing I want to do at the moment. Also, I don't think I will make the time even bigger.

When I want to look for the time, I know where to look and don't need it bigger. I rather don't like the KeyguardExt display.

The interesting parts when I switch my Treo on are : Mute, Beam and battery. In my keyguard I have them on the right side and thanks to different colors I know in a glance when I forgot to switch something on or off. All I really still want to add is BT-state (difficult without a separate form) and SD-card state (actually insert or not is what I need to know).

Memory is not such an important info on a modern Treo, but on older devices it's still something to have a look on.

Regards
    Henk
    Thanks for sharing, Henk !

Some comments if I may:
    - in the preferences screen of this application it is not visible what the state is.
    Isn't it possible to have this indicated by coloring the active button (enable or disable) ?
    - (and this is a pet peeve of mine): no 5-way nav ? Come on ... please ?
    - About screen is in German
    - why not make the indicators for memory and DBcache similar to the one used for battery ? A bar with a percentage.
    - question: (haven't tested this yet): does the color of the battery indicator change as the battery gets depleted ?
    Digital since 1980, Handheld since 2001
    M105, TE, T3.5, Treo 680, Treo 500v
    Happy Datebk6.1 user
  5.    #5  
    Well, you're right
    The battery colors change: yellow below 20%, red below 5%
    Other observations:

- What does the RAM indicator mean ?
    On my device it shows 7556/5429 KB. What do both numbers mean ? Logically I would assume free vs max but the numbers are not supporting that.
    - According to FileZ and ZLauncher I have almost 48 Mb free on my device (to be exact: 501862409 bytes, which translates to 49010 Kb or 47.86 Mb). Where do I see that ? The previous posted figures do not seem to indicate that ...
    - Correct abbreviation for Kilobyte is Kb, not KB
    Happy Datebk6.1 user
    Global Posts
    554 Global Posts
    thanks for another great program! i can't wait to see more customization options as the versions come out. the only additions i'd like to see would be white rather than black background and larger clock/date which has already been mentioned. keep up the great work
    Here's why you need the biggest time that will fit on the screen:

When I want to check the time, I press the "on/off" button and the program comes up. I want to be able to see the time without putting on my glasses.

Nice looking app.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    Another vote for a larger clock.
    Larger Clock. Also some way to know if it is enabled or not. .big clock is a must. Clock and Battery level are always essential. Also make the slide optional. A few times It turned on in my pocket and I guess moving around it shut off the keyguard defeating the purpose of a keyguard.
    Last edited by VaccPalm; 03/19/2008 at 08:42 PM.
    When I tried v 1.1 of this ap, it prevented QuickNews and On Demand from doing their scheduled updates early in the morning.

I tried it on my Sprint Centro.

Also - when Snapper finished a scheduled check, this keyguard would pop up again rather than the screen turning off.

Has this been fixed in the new version.
    Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by holvoetn View Post
    - Correct abbreviation for Kilobyte is Kb, not KB
    Err... Kb is Kilobit and KB is Kilobyte.
    Quote Originally Posted by carrel View Post
    I stand corrected
    Happy Datebk6.1 user
  14.    #14  
    The memory numbers stand for free dynamic memory and free DBCache: Max free/Largest free block.
    Quote Originally Posted by carrel View Post
    The "k" should be lowercase? -> kb and kB? or is "K" = 1024x as against "k" = 1000x? I'm not too clear of this, and too lazy to do a search just now.
    It is all a bit ambiguous depending on which source you consult.
    According to ISO (International Standards Organization) kilo means 1000 and not 1024, that's already problem 1.
    Capital K is used for Kelvin by ISO, so theoretically this can not be used either.

According to this Wikipedia page it should be KB which follows IEEE (Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers), which is more computer-literate then ISO .

So KB should be correct, or Kbyte when made a bit longer (note the small 'b').
    Kb would refer to kilobit.

(I did some searching )
    Happy Datebk6.1 user
    This ap prevented BackUp Buddy from running. My Centro was on for over an hour last night with a dialog box asking if "I wanted to back up now." W/o this ap, back-ups run fine without intervention.

Good thing I had to get up and let the dog out.
  18.    #18  
    I really wonder how it could interfere. Who is supposed to dismiss the "dialog box asking if "I wanted to back up now.""? Btw. at least 2PlayMe can handle the keyguard nicely. All it does is to disable the keyguard if necessary in the documented way.
    Henk,
    I'm using Nexave regularly and it works well. I just wish that it can show up quicker as soon as I press the power button on my treo. I hope that you can work a fix for it.

On a separate matter/program, when are you going to release version 1.0 of 2cool4u?

Cheers
    Global Posts
    226 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by izzideluxe View Post
    This ap prevented BackUp Buddy from running. My Centro was on for over an hour last night with a dialog box asking if "I wanted to back up now." W/o this ap, back-ups run fine without intervention.

Good thing I had to get up and let the dog out.
    Strange !

This is not appening with my Treo 680 NVbackup & Resco Backup
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast