Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Ok about 3 or 4 weeks ago one day my 755 just reset all by itself but then it froze I let it sit for about 5 mins then I removed the battery it came back all good or so I thought.

When the screen came back to the default phone screen I noticed that all my programs serial codes were gone that was the first problem. The second thing is I cant press the calendar button at all because if I do it resets the phone. And the third problem is I cant Hotsync my phone at all when I hit the Hotsync button on my usb cord it just resets.

So what Im thinking is a Hard Reset is needed to fix the problem or so I have hoped but I tried a few things I had not added any new problems before the inital reset that started all this but I removed all my programs anyway.

That didnt help so I really have no clue what to do at this point I would like to Hotsync my numbers at least but if that is no longer an option I guess I could just write them all down

So any help with this would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by ShadowX; 03/17/2008 at 09:31 PM.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    I dont know if this will be any help but I just installed the Safeguard program that I read was suppose to help with fixing the problem well here what the crash log said when I did the following.

Press the Calendar button w/ Radio On
    Cause: StringMgr .c, Line:68 , NULL string passed

Now in the white box the first time it said IM and the second time it says TSPI

So when I hit the Hotsync button this is what it says
    Cause: StringMgr .c, Line:68 , NULL string passed

But there is nothing in the white box like before

So does that help?
    Try running DBFixIt to see if you have any corrupt databases.

In the future I highly recommend NVBackup, create restore points for your phone so it's easy to restore even if everything gets trashed.
    Shadow,

First make sure you back everything up to your card. Second, while looking at SafeGuard's White box as you call it, go to the bottom and hit the "Why did it crash" icon. Then see what the probability of whatever app causing a crash was. Then quarantine that app and see whether everything works smoothly again (you can quarantine an app by going into the active apps section and selecting that app, where you'll get an option to quarantine). Make sure SafeGuard's Crash Monitors are on, in case you get into a reset loop. Good luck! If you run into problems, feel free to write support@gotreosoftware.com and they will walk you through the process.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    In the What Caused the Crash when I click the Calendar button it says
    App Name/Reason Confidence
    Calendar-PDat HIGH

Under the Hotsync button issue it says
    App Name/Reason Confidence
    MMConduit-asc6 LOW
    Safeguard Medium

Ill try the DBFixIt next and let you know my results
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    OK I just ran the DBFixIt and there we two errors in the Tasks and I deleted both but the phone still resets when I hit Calendar
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Another update I just scan the phone with TealScan to see if there were any database problem and none were found. Im guessing a hard reset is my only option it seems.
    What version of Versamail are you running? Are your crashes while running or while switching programs AWAY from Versamail?
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Well I dont use Versamail at all but the Verison says 3.5.4
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Guess what when I was just about to do a hard reset when I accidently hit the Calendar but and it worked I have reset the phone several times just to make sure it wasnt a one time thing and it seem to be working. Go figure and I was just about to do the update as well I still havent tried the hotsync so I wont be able to try that until I get home. Thanks for your help anyway.
    Sometimes issues "correct" themselves.

i.e. if you have an app that has a bad preference for example, it resets every time it accesses it. But if you fix or get rid of it, it will soft reset, but generate a new one. So the next time it may work.
    Global Posts
    734 Global Posts
    have you tried ##377?
    I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...

Roi Batty

palm IIIe(clear plastic)/m130/Tungsten E/Sprint Treo 650/Treo 755p
    Quote Originally Posted by tedcousens View Post
    have you tried ##377?
    SafeGuard includes this log in its data plus it goes far beyond the information in this log.

Jeff
    ShadowX,

Would be glad to help if you are still having the problem. I have just opened the first expert help desk to help Treo users solve problems like you are seeing. Here is a link to the website describing the service offering.

SafeGuard "the product"

SafeGuard LIVE! "the service offering"

Far too many people are spending far too many hours trying to solve their device issues. Additionally, far too many Treo/Centros are being replaced for software problems. SafeGuard and the expert staff at GoTreo can help you solve these problems.

Jeff
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    I dont believe it Im having the same issue again six months later not I cant use either the contacts or the calendar Im about to give up on this phone. This will be the thrid time its had a major issue since I got it earlier this year.

This is the problem this time just like before according to Safeguard the Calendar_Pdat appl file is causing the phone the soft reset if I try to access the calendar butwhen I scan it with Dbfixit and TealScan they say nothing is corrupted.

As for the contacts Safeguard tells me that the Contact-PAdd is the one causing the resets. Both TealScan and DbFixit says the same thing nothing corrupted.

So should I just go into the Rom and delete that file or should I just you know what at this point even I dont know what to do.
    If you're unhappy with the phone then it might be a good idea to replace it (considering the problem could come back even if you fix it).

Since the phone isn't hosed you could just do a hard reset and sell it.
    Quote Originally Posted by papped View Post
    If you're unhappy with the phone then it might be a good idea to replace it (considering the problem could come back even if you fix it).

Since the phone isn't hosed you could just do a hard reset and sell it.
    Hi Papped, see you have a few more phones added to your list after the 755. so how is the BB Curve? Don't mean to be stupid but exactly which OS is on the BB Curve, I have no knowledge or experience with them. I really like that desktop photo too.
    Sprint Treo 755p (blue) with SanDisk 2GB miniSD card. some of my apps installed: TakephOne, DateBk6, 2Day, 4Cast, BellTime 1.0, Palm PDF, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Kinoma 4, TCPMP, Webmessenger, Card Reader, Slingplayer Mobile, Mobipocket Reader, PS Memo, Virtual Piano, Resco Backup, Cleanup, Uninstall, Destaller, Virtual Piano, Favogo, Snap, Thesaurus, TryDA, Colorize, ChatterEmail, DBFixit, Icon Manager, Noah Pro Dictionary, zLauncher, FileZ, RNS Cuckoo Clock, 25 games.
    The BB Curve is running RIM's OS. It's kinda similar to palm in appearance, but a bit faster and more reliable imo.

The navigation is different though, you have a trackball instead of touch screen. I actually like it quite a lot, just took a little getting used to and learning how to customize the BB OS.

Texting and email is phenomenal of course, as that is what BB's are primarily oriented to do. The messages page has incoming and outgoing messages for every message type, AIM, Yahoo, GoogleTalk, MSN Messenger, emails, sms, all on one page. .http://www.pdastreet.com/images/arti...ahoo-email.jpgThe blackberry server turns any IMAP/POP account you want into push email. I heard they are adding MSN Hotmail support, but I'm not sure when that is going in. Maybe OS 4.5 update?

Most importantly the phone is sexy Mine looks like this although Sprint instead of Rogers. http://anothertalkinghead.files.word.../03/bbred1.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by papped View Post

Most importantly the phone is sexy Mine looks like this although Sprint instead of Rogers.
    Oh that thing is so gorgeous!! The clincher for me - price of data. Does Sprint still allow the $15 unlimited data plan to use on this Blackberry model? Oh, this is so bad, I really want one
    Sprint Treo 755p (blue) with SanDisk 2GB miniSD card. some of my apps installed: TakephOne, DateBk6, 2Day, 4Cast, BellTime 1.0, Palm PDF, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Kinoma 4, TCPMP, Webmessenger, Card Reader, Slingplayer Mobile, Mobipocket Reader, PS Memo, Virtual Piano, Resco Backup, Cleanup, Uninstall, Destaller, Virtual Piano, Favogo, Snap, Thesaurus, TryDA, Colorize, ChatterEmail, DBFixit, Icon Manager, Noah Pro Dictionary, zLauncher, FileZ, RNS Cuckoo Clock, 25 games.
    Nope, that's the downside. Blackberry actually gets it's internet service for the Browser and email through the blackberry server, so it's like an entirely different network.

The upside for me is that I have the SERO Simply Everything plan anyways, which includes BB data or not in the price anyways. So it's the same price for me either way.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast