Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by papped View Post

The upside for me is that I have the SERO Simply Everything plan anyways, which includes BB data or not in the price anyways. So it's the same price for me either way.
    You are in like Flint!
    Sprint Treo 755p (blue) with SanDisk 2GB miniSD card. some of my apps installed: TakephOne, DateBk6, 2Day, 4Cast, BellTime 1.0, Palm PDF, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Kinoma 4, TCPMP, Webmessenger, Card Reader, Slingplayer Mobile, Mobipocket Reader, PS Memo, Virtual Piano, Resco Backup, Cleanup, Uninstall, Destaller, Virtual Piano, Favogo, Snap, Thesaurus, TryDA, Colorize, ChatterEmail, DBFixit, Icon Manager, Noah Pro Dictionary, zLauncher, FileZ, RNS Cuckoo Clock, 25 games.
    I too have been using a BB curve to get my work e-mail now that BCPE is down. While good for e-mail, the BB is very bad in a number of important respects. You cannot detach or edit attachments; many are hard to read (too small). The web broswer invested the word "sucks." There are a host of program available for the Palm that do not exist on the BB. Most importantly the PIM is very user unfriendly while the Palm PIM is the gold standard. So I now carry two devices--uggh.

BB
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Papped,
    That BB Curve is a nice looking phone!!
    What do you mean by attachments are too small or hard to read in email?

I don't have any issues with text or picture attachments. Also if you want the email to show up formatted better, BBSmart Email Viewer is worth a shot. Between the BB browser (not terribly great for sites with a lot of javascript) and Opera Mini, I think the browser choices are quite good overall, especially since OM isn't reliant on Palm JVM.

I don't think the PIM is that bad. They just released Pocket Informant BB version also.
    Last edited by papped; 09/17/2008 at 12:38 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by papped View Post
    What do you mean by attachments are too small or hard to read in email?

I don't have any issues with text or picture attachments.

DO YOU MEAN YOU CAN DETACH AND SAVE TEXT (E.G., .DOC) ATTACHMENTS?

Also if you want the email to show up formatted better, BBSmart Email Viewer is worth a shot.
    THE BASIC E-MAIL SHOWS UP WELL, UNLESS IT HAS NRLs WITHIN THE TEXT. MY ISSUE IS WITH EVEN BEING ABLE TO READ TEXT ATTACHMENTS.

Between the BB browser (not terribly great for sites with a lot of javascript) and Opera Mini, I think the browser choices are quite good overall, especially since OM isn't reliant on Palm JVM.

I don't think the PIM is that bad. They just released Pocket Informant BB version also.

SEE CAP TEXT ABOVE. THANKS. B B
    Yeah, the BBSmart email viewer improves the layout for that type of stuff drastically. They have a free trial.
    But I take it, you cannot detach, read better, or edit text attachments.

Thanks.

B B
    Yeah it doesn't include that, it just cleans up the emails themselves a lot and adds full HTML support.

But you have some options for the other things:
    Beamberry
    http://www.beamberry.com/
    eOffice supposedly works also.
    http://www.dynoplex.com/eoffice.shtml
    Repligo
    Thanks, you are always a great source of information.

BTW I was not trying to say "mine is better than yours," just letting folks know my reactions using both devices in real time.

B B
    Yeah, like every device BB is a double edged sword. Does some things better, other things worse (or requires 3rd party solutions).
    Of course this might all be free when the OS 4.5 update rolls around, HTML email + DocsToGo integrated. But who knows when that will actually come to CDMA carriers. It's taking forever...
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12