1.    #1  
    I find the default system sounds very annoying and would prefer to turn them off, but there are times when I need sound. For example, voice prompts from my GPS software, and my voice dialing software. Is there a way that I can disable the system sounds, beeps, bops and other annoying sounds, but not silence the other sounds that I need?

I normally like to keep my phone on vibrate. I have most my settings set to Volume: Off, and Vibrate: Always. I like to keep the calender set to play a tone, but most everything else, I would prefer to keep on vibrate. If I switch the phone to vibrate, then everything is vibrate, and I as I said, I want to keep the calender so I can hear my appointment alarms.

Is there a way to just disable the beeps and bops, or replace them with silence?

Thanks.

Daryl
    Last edited by rosede; 03/17/2008 at 02:51 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rosede View Post
    I find the default system sounds very annoying and would prefer to turn them off, but there are times when I need sound. For example, voice prompts from my GPS software, and my voice dialing software. Is there a way that I can disable the system sounds, beeps, bops and other annoying sounds, but not silence the other sounds that I need?

I normally like to keep my phone on vibrate. I have most my settings set to Volume: Off, and Vibrate: Always. I like to keep the calender set to play a tone, but most everything else, I would prefer to keep on vibrate. If I switch the phone to vibrate, then everything is vibrate, and I as I said, I want to keep the calender so I can hear my appointment alarms.

Is there a way to just disable the beeps and bops, or replace them with silence?

Thanks.

Daryl
    Try freeware "Profiles".

Link: http://www.kwik.cz/palm/treo/profiles/

I use it. I like it. YMMV.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks, I'll give that a try.

Daryl
    You're welcome