Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Edited: Since this didn't really solve anything I'll just turn this post into useless crap you can do.

memunfragment http://www.palmpowerups.com/download...=2&rowstart=15
    CleanStarthttp://www.1src.com/freeware/fileinfo.php?id=1797

Use Softick CardExport 2, mount your SD card, now you can defrag it with your windows machine (XP or Vista).
    Last edited by papped; 03/18/2008 at 12:41 PM. Reason: Solution didn't work
    Clean Start is a freeware program similar to uncache. I have found that uncache eliminates some of the default program settings.
  3.    #3  
    Yeah I've heard of that. So far I haven't run into that issue. If I do I will tweak with adding apps to the list or switch to Cleanstart.
  4.    #4  
    Well I guess there is no way to prevent Blazer from occasionally dumping the dbcache. Just had a 20 second Blazer load...

Auto clearing the dbcache isn't that great of a help either since you get lag randomly when opening apps that way as well.
    What is the link to clean start?
    Matty
    I almost never had this lag until I installed Palmary Clock wireless. Since I installed it I have the lag the first time I use Blazer. I like the clock and it is not worth uninstalling it for this. Even when I clear the cache which I often forget to do I do get lag.
    A lag when you first hit Blazer may be due to Blazer's clean out a too full cache (it needs a lot of room). This is actually a good thing, I often start Blazer to clean my cache, having found that ResetDr. seems to cause problems when it cleans the cache (causes phone to hang on the Access Power screen).

BB
  8.    #8  
    Good for the dbcache, but a 20+ second load time still sucks.
    The net will still be there! :-) Yet yours might be another issue, 20 seconds seems long if it is by the clock.

BB
    For CleanStart, Check here
  11.    #11  
    Cleanstart does work better. Better UI and it's free.

Still haven't figured out why Blazer is so incredibly slow when it comes to clearing the dbcache though. But then again, Blazer is ridiculously slow at clearing it's own cache as well...
    In what way do you use Cleanstart?

BB
    When you start up your device or do a reset, every app on your phone receives a notification. This takes time, and is what causes reset loops when you have a corrupt app. With CleanStart you can set which apps receive notifications at startup and speed the overall speed of your device. The downside is that you have to figure out which apps you have to notify and that can be a lot of trial and error.
  14.    #14  
    Definitely worth it imo.

Anyone know what is required to have Blazer list as the default Web Browser? I have "Web" enabled but it still doesn't display in the prefs.
    Last edited by papped; 03/18/2008 at 07:00 PM.
    Do you have Web in the list of apps to be started?

(That was the problem I ran into with uncache and we never did get a solution)
  16.    #16  
    Yeah, I actually uninstalled uncache and even with everything set to load in Cleanstart I have no options for default web browser.

I think uncache actually removed the entry from my default apps permanently.
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo Musketeers View Post
    When you start up your device or do a reset, every app on your phone receives a notification. This takes time, and is what causes reset loops when you have a corrupt app. With CleanStart you can set which apps receive notifications at startup and speed the overall speed of your device. The downside is that you have to figure out which apps you have to notify and that can be a lot of trial and error.
    Thanks for the info. I have not had the looping problem; only the dead freezes from time to time. Am working on that, the cause must be subtle.

BB
    You didn't install the Centro 4.1 Versamail update did you? That caused me significant lag with my 755p.
    Matty
  19.    #19  
    I got the lag with or without the VM 4.0.1 update.
    Clear out cookies.
    Works for me.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast