Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast
    Not sure if this was already covered, but I assume the VZW Centro will be available with the $29.99 data plan.

Also what could VZW add to the Centro? I'm not talking about all those "Get It Now" appls.

I'm hoping for native BT voice dialing software and dialer appl with big buttons.
    Global Posts
    265 Global Posts
    At this point, the main reason I want centro is ease of use and no time spent to learn new stuff. There are lots of new phones coming out over the next year, I am thinking of just getting one yr contract on centro to keep choices open. I am not expecting anything new or more, the treo 800 line has all the stuff I want, stereo bluetooth, etc. I am resigned to getting an 'old' phone, but no hassle, and it has the form factor and internet speed i don't have with the 650.
    I stopped by one of our local Verizon stores to see if I could get any *confirmed* info. about the Centro comming. Luckily the manager was there while I was asking my questions to the sales rep.

The manager confirmed that the Centro is definately coming (probably within the next few weeks). The stores have already started receiving training manuals which are sent to the stores just before the new product is to be released.

I also called Verizon directly to see if they would confirm what I had just been told in the stores. The girl I spoke with hadn't heard anything (but told me that wasn't anything new since they are the last to hear everything). She offered to do some poking around in her computer system to see if she could find out something definate. She couldn't not find the phone, but was also able to pull up all the training materials and a whole host of accessories that will be available. She said that based on how Verizon has released phones in the past, the Centro is following the same pattern and the phone should be released in the next several weeks (1st on verizonwireless.com and then in the stores a couple weeks later).

I really thought this was promising news and wanted to share! The Centro on Verizon really is a reality!
    We know its a reality, the question is whats the launch date.
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    yeah.. whomever you talk to at VZW is always "the last one to know" - c'mon.. someone has to be the first to know...

but Temple did point out one new bit of info, that it will be on the VZW site first. I assumed stores and web would get same release date when 'the date' rolls around.. I assume "stores" are third party stores - like CC - and VZW stores get same date as the web, or are VZW stores part of "stores"
    My local cellphone supplier who sells Verizon Wireless products states that he usually gets an e-mail from his distributor about 2 days before a phone is released. He'll keep an eye out for me and as soon as he finds out, he'll let me know and I'll try to keep everyone else updated.

Also, I got in the mail a special rebate from VZW for $150 for buying a new smartphone, but the smartphone available are the Blackberries, WinMobile, and 755p. No word on the Centro on the ad. Also, I believe the special rebate expires by June 15th which implies that the new Centro probably won't come out until after June 15th, but I may be wrong. If it does come out, I'll use that rebate (but I will have to sign another 2 year contract with VZW).

Quote Originally Posted by eTard View Post
    yeah.. whomever you talk to at VZW is always "the last one to know" - c'mon.. someone has to be the first to know...

but Temple did point out one new bit of info, that it will be on the VZW site first. I assumed stores and web would get same release date when 'the date' rolls around.. I assume "stores" are third party stores - like CC - and VZW stores get same date as the web, or are VZW stores part of "stores"
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    I'll sign a 2yr contract to reup.. no worries. VZW is great in my area and nation wide so no worries there. I got that same rebate a month ago and tossed it. I am up for a "new every 2" and you can't combine the 2.
    FYI... when I got my Centro it was from a corporate AT&T store SEVERAL DAYS before they showed up on their web site. That may be the same with Verizon. KEEP CHECKING THE STORES! When I got mine, they got it out of the back. No display.
    Florida Tony
    GSM: Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 680 > Centro > iPhone 3G S
    I got to believe that the VZW web site and VZW stores will have it on the same day.

As far as checking the stores, I think it depends on the store. It seems like some stores know more or are giving more info regarding the Centro as compared to others.

We should start a pool to guess the release date! This is getting crazy.
    I was told by both the Verizon store manager and the verizonwireless.com rep, that the Centro will show up online first and then into VZW stores a few days later. I don't know when it would show up at the 3rd party retailers.
    Quote Originally Posted by eTard View Post

That is exactly how the last two Palm Treo releases went (700p, 755p). Verizon distributed a press release, and suddenly the phone was available via Verizon's Online Store and Palmone.com. Verizon Outlets did not get the phone until days later. One large Verizon outlet near me did not have the 755p "in store" until just over a week later. Smaller wireless stores, which were not "Verizon Owned, or Verizon Only" stores had to wait even longer. That is just how Verizon rolls. Not sure if that is what they do with all of their phones, but I have been paying very close attention to the Palm releases and that is the way they handled those.

Something that is encouraging though: Centro accessories are already available on Verizon's Online Store including a battery which they have labeled as "Standard" which is 1600mah. This is the same size as the 755p's battery, but is larger than the "Standard" batteries which were shipped with the Sprint and AT&T Centros... Did Verizon upgrade their version? Hmmmmm...
    Quote Originally Posted by temple View Post
    I was told by both the Verizon store manager and the verizonwireless.com rep, that the Centro will show up online first and then into VZW stores a few days later. I don't know when it would show up at the 3rd party retailers.
    Didn't happen that way with AT&T. I got my phone from the company store 3 days before it was on there web site. I had called Corporate AT&T earlier that day and they said they had NO information on the Centro release date. So I went to a company store and sure enough... they had them in the back.
    Florida Tony
    GSM: Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 680 > Centro > iPhone 3G S
    The Verizon version is on the rebate for for the Fathers Day promo. Makes you think it will need to be out long before the July 6th deadline.

http://www.palm.com/us/promotions/ce...il_Address_ID#
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Global Posts
    265 Global Posts
    have been following on both this forum and howardforums. the curve, which garned huge # of threads (can see why its called crackberry), came out online, then in store 7-10 days later. There was even a pre release amount of phones that came out a few days prior to online, where people were calling CSRs trying to get the phone. I guess people who read these forums are really bleeding edge! I can wait the extra 3 days....
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut View Post
    The Verizon version is on the rebate for for the Fathers Day promo. Makes you think it will need to be out long before the July 6th deadline.

http://www.palm.com/us/promotions/ce...il_Address_ID#
    thanks for that.... had not seen that.. the creation date on that file is 5.27.08, so pretty recent and not sitting around like that one other PDF rebate form from Verizon we have all seen. They also show a promo of free shipping from Palm.com

but when I go to http://activate.palm.com/ - nothing even there
    Okay, the Centro is not out yet for Verizon, but maybe soon via Palm's website....

http://www.palm.com/us/promotions/ce...83&PID=2405581
    Here's an interesting post on HoFo... maybe only a week away

http://verizonwireless.howardforums....4&postcount=10
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cheesehead007 View Post
    Here's an interesting post on HoFo... maybe only a week away

http://verizonwireless.howardforums....4&postcount=10
    boy.. that pricing sucks.. so, as I read this, AT&T and Sprint did $99 release - the big Palm intro pricing that is the real hook for everyone and what made this phone so puopular and available to the masses - but the best price you could get with Verizon is $200??? "Maybe" $150 if you could combine (which I doubt) that $70 and the $50 Palm is offering if you do a 2 year contract??
    Global Posts
    760 Global Posts
    I wonder what the Verizon Centro has that ATT and Sprint doesn't for the extra $170.00??

I wanted to get the Centro to replace my POS 6800 whose screen I just broke till the 800W comes out. $99.00 with mail in rebate like the other carriers put at the same price as my insurance deductable. $270.00 is a is steep when everyone else is paying $50 -$100!!

Hey Verizon the network is good but I'm not sure it's that good>
    don't worry about that pricing in HoFo - it doesn't include the $100 Advanced Device credit, which would then take the device down to $99.

(the Advanced Device credit is what you get when you sign up for a data plan).
Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast