Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
    Hope Centro comes out soon. I'm holding off using my every 2yr new phone rebate for the Centro. Plus I assume the Centro will be on that new $30 per month data plan.
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by miles4000 View Post
    Hope Centro comes out soon. I'm holding off using my every 2yr new phone rebate for the Centro. Plus I assume the Centro will be on that new $30 per month data plan.
    I am waiting for same thing.. and will wait and wait until it comes out. if they do not, I will likely jump ship. but since we have photos now to prove it is coming, I will wait.

recently, they have been sending me all kinds of snail mail to use my "new every 2" rebate and resign. they can see I have not used it and so I am on month to month and out from under their cancellation policy, so they are jockeying to get me to resign.. only gonna happen if this phone comes. if not, I jump ship to iPhone.

oh.. and as per the "$30 per month data plan" does it not say earlier in this thread is that is the price PLUS your regular plan rate... so in the end, not all that great of a deal compared to other carriers.
    I know that the data plan is plus what you are paying now for voice. Its better then paying $45 like with other BB phones. Also I do wish it was lower as compared to other carriers.
    I saw on some other site that it should be in the VZW stores by June 1. Hope they are right!
    What site would that be?
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    it is pure speculation... I google the topic often and have google alerts set to tell me if any new verizon for centro news comes online.. and this June 1st is speculation and not any firm date I have ever seen.
    I cant remember and yes its speculation. I think the source was someone who knew a VZW employee.
    Last edited by miles4000; 05/22/2008 at 01:45 AM.
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    I cant remember and yes its speculation. I think the source was someone who knew a VZW employee.
    I bet it came from here.. only place where someone makes a June 1 speculation, see near bottom a post by "InTheKnow"
    How do you think the VZW version of the Centro will be different as compared to Sprint or At&t? I hope they use a dialer appl with large on screen dial keys and have better voice dial app via bluetooth headset.
    Centro for Verizon Wireless will be a CDMA device so the dialer program (I predict) will be just like the Sprint Centro which is a CDMA device or like the VZW and Sprint version of the 700p and 755p.

However, the best combo phone/contact/dialer program IMHO is TakePhone Version 7.55 from www.shsh.com

How do you think the VZW version of the Centro will be different as compared to Sprint or At&t? I hope they use a dialer appl with large on screen dial keys and have better voice dial app via bluetooth headset.
    I believe the June 1st date is probably correct. Here's why:

My wife and I were at the local Verizon company store this afternoon, looking at their selection of smartphones. While looking at the Treo 755p, the rep asked "Want to see the new Palm phone that's coming out?" He proceeded to bring out a "dummy" Centro with same color and markings as the Engadget pictures recently released. He said that when they receive the mock-ups, the phone is usually released a week or two later (they received it in this week).

We're hoping that's correct - my wife really wants one for her New Every Two replacement.

(After "lurking" for quite some time, I finally had something to contribute!)
    Global Posts
    265 Global Posts
    Best news I have heard in a long while on this. 1st week of june my 650 turns 3 (which is about 20 in people years). Was really looking towards curve if this didn't come out, but the more i read on howards forum about it, the more i want to wait and try the centro.
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seanandcara View Post
    I believe the June 1st date is probably correct. Here's why:

My wife and I were at the local Verizon company store this afternoon, looking at their selection of smartphones. While looking at the Treo 755p, the rep asked "Want to see the new Palm phone that's coming out?" He proceeded to bring out a "dummy" Centro with same color and markings as the Engadget pictures recently released. He said that when they receive the mock-ups, the phone is usually released a week or two later (they received it in this week).

We're hoping that's correct - my wife really wants one for her New Every Two replacement.

(After "lurking" for quite some time, I finally had something to contribute!)
    nice.. it was just a matter of time before someone had an encounter with an actual sales rep at a store and one of them let some details slip.. glad it slipped out to someone who actually reads here. thanks for chiming in.
    I was thinkin of goin back to VZW store and ask around regarding the Centro release date. I was there in april gettin a phone for my kid. At that time they werent even saying if they were goin to carry the Centro. So i guess it depends who u talk to.
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    as recent as a few weeks ago I went in and asked and was told by 1 person they heard nothing about who then asked another who said it was not coming.. until I informed them of the printed rebate that was out, to which he acted skeptical until he pulled out the pad of rebates and looked and sure enough.. as we all know now.. there it is printed... so always take what they say with a grain of salt but in the case of seanandcara the dude pulled out a demo.. can't beat that
    It really does depend on who you talk to...the VZW rep I spoke with said she had heard nothing about Centro coming to Verizon and said lots of phones end up on their rebate forms and then never come to market. Take it for what it si worth.
    No more rhymes...and this time I mean it!
    Global Posts
    605 Global Posts
    I've heard "late June to early July" from a few local reps. I do know that the 755p has been in increasingly short supply and hasn't even been on display in some of the smaller local VZW corporate stores & kiosks I've seen lately.
    Pilot 1000-->Pilot 5000-->PalmPilot Pro-->IIIe-->Vx-->m505-->T|T-->T|T2-->T|C-->T|T3-->T|T5-->TX-->Verizon Treo 700P-->Verizon Treo 755p-->Verizon Motorola Droid + Verizon Centro--> Verizon Motorola Droid X + Palm TX-->Verizon Droid Bionic + Palm TX
    Man that would suck if we got to wait another month for this phone. I wanted to get this knowing that at some point in the future I would checkout/get new Palm OS phone. The longer it takes to release it will make sense for me not to upgrade now and just wait until next year.
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    what new Palm OS phone would you propose to wait and get if not the Centro? nothing worth waiting for any time soon coming. yeah, they may be talking about a new overhauled OS in the next Palm... but at the rate things move.. that will be year(s) away.

it will come. and I will get it. june, july.. whatvere. the wait sucks.. but what are the options? I need a Palm OS for my data, the Treo 650 is done and dated and missing newer technologies (like better BT implementation) so it is the Centro or move on from the palm. period. the Centro represents strides in ways the 650 or 755p do not (smaller form factor - huge for me, better BT, etc).
    sad but true, the centro's only real benifit is size and wait. That I am aware, no other difference?
Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast