Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
    Vzn data plan at 30$ a month PLUS the voice plan?
    Sprint SERO is 30 a month for voice and data.

Like I said, it may be in the wifeys hands. Wish I could get her into a few stores to try out other data phones so she can make her (our) mind up.
    "Everybody Palm!"

Palm III/IIIC, Palm Vx, Verizon: Treo 650, Centro, Pre+.
    Leo killed my future Pre 3 & Opal, dagnabitt!
    Should I buy a Handspring Visor instead?
    Got a Pre2! "It eats iPhones for Breakfast"!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kewl 700p View Post
    So who wants to be the first Verizon Centro guinea pigs?

Spoke with my cell phone VZW carrier contact, he stated that it is coming out very soon because he has the Verizon Centro listed on his order system....
    Any update on the release date???? Anyone wanna buy my 700p :^)
    Global Posts
    265 Global Posts
    love to know too. have been following bb curve forum on howardforums and people are getting curves now. have 650 that is dying, if centro is coming within a month or so, curve is going to be looking very tempting...
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    yep.. I would say we are over the hump on speculating whether it IS coming.. now the next piece of fun is speculating on when the release date will be..

damn.. these guys are good at keeping secrets
    we know it is on the rebate list that ends June 15. Not that relates to an actual date, nor does it put anything in stone, but does probably give a false sense of hope. The curve comes out may 12th in stores, and can get one on line now. Still may try curve just because I want a new phone so bad I am going to explode!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    i got my curve on tuesday its okay I love the treo but the curve is ok
    I'm StayFly, its not just a name its a lifestyle, so get some style in your life
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    I am holding out for the Centro.. period

frankly, not even sure why the Curve is mentioned given if you are here you are interested in a Palm platform.. and so going to a Curve does nothing for all of you Palm data or apps you have loaded? I don't get it.. ya want a Palm Centro, but will settle for a Curve, something you cannot even use all your legacy Palm data on

it is not just about having a 'pda' phone, it is about having a Palm platform pda phone here..
    I tried a Blackberry 8830 for a month, but just couldn't tolerate it. Sure, it was a rock-solid device, but the displays of email and web pages were ugly, and there was nothing as sophisticated as ChatterEmail for handling multiple email accounts. In the end, I have to stay with Palm devices, despite the obsolete OS. I'm hoping the Centro will be less laggy than my 700p.
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Grace View Post
    I tried a Blackberry 8830 for a month, but just couldn't tolerate it. Sure, it was a rock-solid device, but the displays of email and web pages were ugly, and there was nothing as sophisticated as ChatterEmail for handling multiple email accounts. In the end, I have to stay with Palm devices, despite the obsolete OS. I'm hoping the Centro will be less laggy than my 700p.
    ditto.

Our enterprise system (and my boss) requires me to have the 8830 so my 700P sits in my desk. I would NEVER buy a BB for personal use because the BB contact manager and calendar plain suck. While it seems to be easier to direct dial phone numbers when you're browsing on the BB, plain text email and the way the BB handles SMS blows.
    my 700p died today. Locked on the initial access powered screen and would not do anything at all. Tried hard reset 10 times. so I had to get a 755p. could not bring myself to go to the curve. Now with a little luck the centro will be out in less then 30 days so I can trade in the 755.
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by treogolfer View Post
    my 700p died today. Locked on the initial access powered screen and would not do anything at all. Tried hard reset 10 times. so I had to get a 755p. could not bring myself to go to the curve. Now with a little luck the centro will be out in less then 30 days so I can trade in the 755.
    This happened to me too and I found a way to fix it.

1.) Pull out the battery
    2.) push down the green and red call buttons and hold them down
    3.) re-insert the battery
    4.) keep holding the buttons for a few seconds
    5.) If the reset message does not automatically come up, release the buttons and it should.
    6.) Follow the prompts to reset the phone to factory condition

Let me know if this works for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Google Maps on Palm does not have a way to utilize GPS, internal or BT.
    Well sort-of through Where am I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayrow View Post

1.) Pull out the battery
    5.) If the reset message does not automatically come up, release the buttons and it should.

ok thanks I will try tonight
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayrow View Post

1.) Pull out the battery

nope, nada, nothing.. still stuck on the access screen
    Actually, you only hold down the "RED" aka "Power/End" button....

Here is the link to the "HARD RESET" instruction, but you'll wipe out all your data and start anew....

http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...hardreset.html

Quote Originally Posted by treogolfer View Post
    nope, nada, nothing.. still stuck on the access screen
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    okay okay... lets get back on thread... it is a Centro thread after-all.. enough about the Curve and 700p
    Okay, here's how to do a hard rest on the Centro....basically the same as the Treo 700p....

http://kb.palm.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBC...Case=Obj(45050)

Quote Originally Posted by eTard View Post
    okay okay... lets get back on thread... it is a Centro thread after-all.. enough about the Curve and 700p
    Quote Originally Posted by Kewl 700p View Post
    Actually, you only hold down the "RED" aka "Power/End" button....

Here is the link to the "HARD RESET" instruction, but you'll wipe out all your data and start anew....

http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...hardreset.html
    what I was doing is the hard reset. I had hard reset 20 times and nothing happens. it is toast. thanks for your help, but liking the 755 now. hopefully get a centro with in the 30 trial
    Global Posts
    265 Global Posts
    getting kind of worried (and also want to get this thread back on track, since i check it and see new activity, but when i get there, its about resetting ....)

didn't the rebate form have a date of 6/15. which means that if it isn't announced today, there will be less than 30 days that it is out on that form.

I know that they can make new forms and have seen phones go much longer than 30 days for a rebate, but I was kind of hoping for it to be out today!

Also, interesting stat, for business users, BB has largest share, WM is actually a close second (not surprising I guess, cause you can run pocket office), with treo being way behind (less than half of WM and BB). And over the past 2 years, these numbers were the opposite of what they are now, which is a very steep decline.
    True, but remember that the total market for PDAphones is still expanding, so there's hope that low-cost devices like the Centro will help Palm grow. I certainly hope that their upcoming Linux-based devices work well.
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast