Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10151617181920
    Quote Originally Posted by eTard View Post
    x2... best Treo line I have had.. love it.. would never go back
    Ditto.
    OK...stupid question: did my VZW Centro come with PTunes or PTunes Deluxe? And how do you know that?
    No more rhymes...and this time I mean it!
    Agreed, but not to sell you anything, but I have used both the CDMA (VZW & Sprint Treo/Centro) interface and GSM (AT&T Treo/Centro) and truly, I found IMHO, TakePhone is the best interface for me because it combines the Telephony and Contact function in one plus it has additional features and no, it doesn't crash the phone. In fact, I have been using it on my VZW Treo 700p before getting my VZW Centro.

Go to www.shsh.com and download a free trial of TakePhone and see for yourself.

Also, Google Maps in ROM is fine but Google always tend to update their map programs and so you will eventually need to update it and put a version on RAM anyhow. My friend got a Sprint Treo 755p with Google Maps in ROM and a few weeks later, a newer version came out and he had to download the newer one in RAM. If PTunes Deluxe gets updated, you'll have to do the same. Same for Docs To Go, etc.

However, (sarcastically speaking), we have basically the same Blazer program since my Treo 650....LOL

Quote Originally Posted by headgamer View Post
    Why oh why did the VZW Centro keep the old crappy phone interface instead of using the newer style a'la Treo 680 that all other carrier's versions of the Centro use... that was kinda stupid...

oh well...

I know PTunes Deluxe and Documents to Go 10 (w00t!) are in ROM... is Google Maps? And if so, will VZW customers eventually get a ROM update to incorporate the latest "My Location" version of Google Maps into ROM, or will we be stuck with the newer version in RAM?

Inquiring minds wanna know...
    PTunes Deluxe allows you to stream Internet Radio and PTunes (regular) does not.

Try it...

Quote Originally Posted by Doggy View Post
    OK...stupid question: did my VZW Centro come with PTunes or PTunes Deluxe? And how do you know that?
    I don't have a data plan...don't think streaming music would be fiscally responsible
    No more rhymes...and this time I mean it!
    +1 for TakePhone as the best phone interface
    I like the look of Ultimate Phone which is what I use... along with Iambic's YourCall for after-call follow up tasks... but whenever you exit, it still goes back to that ugly old default phone interface... I would assume Takephone would as well, right?

Well, let me rephrase... when YourCall fires up after a call and you do what you have to do, IT goes back to default phone app... I suppose if I use ONLY UP or TP then they can be set to return to them... I just hate giving up Yourcall... decisions decisions...

LOL
    In TakePhone it's a pref that can be set. Personally, I never see the original phone app.
    does the streaming radio feature cost any extra or is it just included in the data plan
    ive got the VZW unlimited e-mail and internet plan for29.99, so there wont be any additional charges for using streaming radio , right?
    thanks
    Global Posts
    760 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Doggy View Post
    Should have come with Deluxe. Go to P-tunes, enter menu at top, help tab, about P-Tune, Should say P-Tunes deluxe.

While you are on the About page go to check for update. There is an update available ver. 4.07
    Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
    In TakePhone it's a pref that can be set. Personally, I never see the original phone app.
    Yeah, same with Ultimate Phone. I can also recoup some of the features of Yourcall by using the call log in UP... but for some reason even though I have prefs set to return to the UP call log after a call, it still goes to the start screen... weird.

Back OT...

How's the quality of pics taken with the Centro? Any better than the 700p?
    Centro camera is much better than the 700p. Here's what Cnet had to say bout the camera:

"The Palm Centro is equipped with a 1.3-megapixel camera with voice-recording capabilities. Other than a 2x zoom, the camera lacks any type of editing abilities or controls to adjust the picture or video. Despite this disadvantage, the picture quality of the Centro's camera was pretty impressive. There was the slightest fuzziness to the image, but you could still make out the objects. In addition, the colors were accurate and bright. Video clips also looked decent; there was some slight pixilation of course but it wasn't as bad some of the other camera phones we've seen. "
    Anyone use TakePhone with LudusP? I can't seem to get it to default to TakePhone for the phone screen.
    I cannot emphasize enough how much I love this centro for VZW! The data coverage is way faster and better than what my bf gets on T-Mobile with his BB Pearl. VZW is worth the price.
    agree
    Well, picked mine up today. Free (after rebate of course) after my NE2 and data plan discount... sweet.

Now I just gotta wait for my new microSD card so I can finish off customizing it to my liking....

So far it is blowing my 700p away in terms of sound and call quality...
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10151617181920