Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81314151617181920 LastLast
    Woo Hoo!!! Just got my new VZW Centro. I must say I didn't realize how bad the lag was on my 700p until I used this thing for a day. Huge improvement over the 700p.
    Quote Originally Posted by mabus View Post
    3. From iTunes, if i burn a cd, and then reload it and then switch it to AAP file or whatever it is, will it then load onto the Centro? Can this be done via hotsync?
    I'd love to know the answer to this, as well.

(and if someone can explain *how* to do that, in very simple terms, I'd really appreciate it!)
    Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
    Woo Hoo!!! Just got my new VZW Centro. I must say I didn't realize how bad the lag was on my 700p until I used this thing for a day. Huge improvement over the 700p.

Well, I just stopped at the Verizon store, with my 700P in one hand. I played with the Centro for a while and couldn't believe how quick and snappy it was. Even the Internet was much faster. I tested it with my 700P and it was close to twice as fast downloading web pages.

I was impressed by the small size, however, I'm not sure I want to trade the "real estate" of my 700, for the Centro. However, I might be tempted because of the performance upgrades.
    ok....the music thing is actually pretty simple.convert ur files to aac exactly as u described by burning a cd and re-ripping them back to ur pc as an unprotected aac or as an mp3.then insert ur micro sd card into a card reader and into ur pc.it will appear as a drive.make a folder on ur memory card called "audio".drag or copy ur files into the audio folder in "loose" form(no subfolders).put ur card back in ur centro.launch ptunes and hit the menu button.scroll to "manage playlist"create ur playlists and ptunes will find,organize and play the files on ur memory card.
    have fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by gapost View Post
    Well, I just stopped at the Verizon store, with my 700P in one hand. I played with the Centro for a while and couldn't believe how quick and snappy it was. Even the Internet was much faster. I tested it with my 700P and it was close to twice as fast downloading web pages.

I was impressed by the small size, however, I'm not sure I want to trade the "real estate" of my 700, for the Centro. However, I might be tempted because of the performance upgrades.
    Yep, I forgot to mention that. My download speeds are much faster than my 700p's.
    Yes, but, there is still the occasional "white screen" lag when you start up Blazer, but at least now at the top of the screen, it states "Processing..." to let you know that your Centro did not crash, but the lag appears to less frequent and shorter than my old 700p.

But I think my downlaod speed appears to be snappier as well, using www.dslreports.com, I got a download speed of 274 kbit/sec with 4 bars as signal strength (used 200K file). I first tried the 50k file, but it was too small and the site bumped me up to a 200K file.

Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
    As to the smaller screen real estate... I thought I would not like it (coming from my 650), but I am getting used to it, and the keyboard as well. While a large-screen iphone-like Palm with a real keyboard would be killer- I am actually getting attatched to my cute little Centro-Baby.
    "Everybody Palm!"

Palm III/IIIC, Palm Vx, Verizon: Treo 650, Centro, Pre+.
    Leo killed my future Pre 3 & Opal, dagnabitt!
    Should I buy a Handspring Visor instead?
    Got a Pre2! "It eats iPhones for Breakfast"!
    Me too. I'm really liking it. Everything seems faster on it than the 700p, including ChatterEmail. I will need to get better reading glasses, however.

The only things that bug me are the less responsive touchscreen and the toothpick they call a stylus.
    Hi everyone. I am new to thsi forum and am considering getting a Centro.
    Is anyone using google talk and/or accessing gmail via web with their Centro for VZW?

EDIT: Does it support java? Do you have to install anything extra?

-Samantha
    Last edited by VaderDawsn; 06/17/2008 at 08:29 PM.
    Java used to be available as a free download from Palm, but nowadays you'll have to use Google to find it to download.
    Go to mytreo.net to download Java for Palm OS...

Quote Originally Posted by Tribble View Post
    Java used to be available as a free download from Palm, but nowadays you'll have to use Google to find it to download.
    Yep, I'm using gtalk & gmail. Also using java too.

Quote Originally Posted by VaderDawsn View Post
    Hi everyone. I am new to thsi forum and am considering getting a Centro.
    Is anyone using google talk and/or accessing gmail via web with their Centro for VZW?

EDIT: Does it support java? Do you have to install anything extra?

-Samantha
    the centro every plus the treos are. yea the screen is smaller but once you get used to it, it is great. I have short fat fingers and actualy think the key board is easier to use. less movement I guess. not sure why that is honestly. had since 23th and never crashed. BT works like a charm. not sure why Palm advertises as entry level. It is everybit the work horse my 755p was
    Still waiting formine to arrive . . . .ugh
    My Evolution -
    PDA's: Palm Vx - Sony Clie PEG-T655C - Palm Tungsten E2
    Cellphones: Too many to count - Final phone was a Moto RAZR V3M
    Smartphone: First and only so far - Centro
    Is there a native IM client from VZW for the Centro? I'm just checking before I look into getting one. Also is everyone else having problems using mobile Youtube site in Blazer? It never moves from buffering status.

Updated - Called VZW CS and was able to get Youtube working after they updated my profile and I reset Centro. Also I found out VZW doesnt offer native IM client.
    Last edited by miles4000; 06/18/2008 at 09:46 PM.
    just got mine, but once i put the battery in, i can;t put back on the cover....help!

just the answer i needed at: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...highlight=door
    I have had my Centro for about 24hrs and am in love with it. The UI is so easy. VZW wireless sync put me ina na infinite loop, but versamail was so easy and has awesome options. I feel liek I'm getting teh best of both worlds, usable apps, great interface, along with VZW's network! I'm so happy I didn't go for a Blackberry or switch the AT&T for a BB.
    Now that the Centro has been out for a few days on Verizon, has anyone determined whether the battery Verzion is selling as an accessory is actually 1600mah? I think it was assumed that this was a typo before the release, but it is still on their site, so maybe not?

Search for this part number at verizonwireless.com to see: PALMBAT1

Thanks.

Jeff
    I saw the Verizon Centro for the first time today in store... i must say i was very impressed and got me thinking about switching to Verizon

The data connection on the Verizon Centro was FAST!
    Quote Originally Posted by beavis10 View Post
    Now that the Centro has been out for a few days on Verizon, has anyone determined whether the battery Verzion is selling as an accessory is actually 1600mah? I think it was assumed that this was a typo before the release, but it is still on their site, so maybe not?

Search for this part number at verizonwireless.com to see: PALMBAT1

Thanks.

Jeff
    The battery in mine is 1150 mAh. I think it's likely that this part is mislabeled.