Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 611121314151617181920 LastLast
    I'll be shocked if that battery size is correct!

Man, I seems like I been waiting for a long time to see the Centro on VZW site!

I just went thru phone update option on web site, my total price will be $49 with 2yr contract!
    Last edited by miles4000; 06/12/2008 at 11:26 PM.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    So my question is do I have to get the data plan. I had the 700w for a long time with out the data. I didn't want the phone for the web and email. I wanted it for the calander and being able to sync it and I just date using dumbphones.So will verizon let me buy this phone without a data plan?
    I currently have a 650 with the $45 data plan.

When I go to the VZW website, it shows the Centro available for $269.99 - $100 online discount = $169.99. There is also a $70 mail in rebate.

If I log into the VZW website with my user ID & password and select UPGRADE MY PHONE, it shows the Centro available for $269.99 - $100 new every two = $169.99. There is also a $70 mail in rebate. The "online discount" disappeared!! So, as a loyal customer for many years, I am treated the same way as someone who logs on to purchase their first phone from VZW?

Where is the $99.99 price indicated in the Verizon Wireless press release?

The plans available are $79.99 PDA/Smartphone Nationwide Email that includes 450 voice minutes and unlimited data. The $99.99 plan includes 450 voice minutes, unlimited data, and unlimited messaging.

Where's the $29.99 data plan VZW lists in their press release?
    Last edited by AlbanyHDTV; 06/13/2008 at 07:22 AM.
    So for those who have been luckey enough to get their hands on one, and have cancled the data plan . . . have you received any flack for canceling out of the data plan?

revoked the discount, got hit with additional fee's for canceling early?
    My Evolution -
    PDA's: Palm Vx - Sony Clie PEG-T655C - Palm Tungsten E2
    Cellphones: Too many to count - Final phone was a Moto RAZR V3M
    Smartphone: First and only so far - Centro
    I dont physically have my phone yet however, it does appear in My Account.
    Here is what it says for my features with the $29.99 data plan. And I ordered the phone over the phone yesterday. Its scheduled to be here before 3pm Eastern Time today.

Included Features
    $0.20 Per Text Message sent or received
    No Answer/Transfer
    3-Way Calling
    Call Delivery
    Call Waiting
    Call Forward - No Answer
    Basic Voice Mail
    NATL IN CALLING-UNLIM
    UNL NIGHT & WEEKEND MIN
    UNL TEXT MESSAGING

Optional Features
    WPP INSURANCE
    Streamlined Billing
    TELESALES 2 YR AGREEMENT
    Caller ID
    Call Forwarding
    IP UNRESTRICTED
    NATLACCESS ROAMING PAYU
    UNL PICTURE/VIDEO MSG
    EMAIL & WEB FOR SMARTPHONE

This however is my list for my 755p with the $45 data plan. So there seems to be a difference.

Included Features
    $0.20 Per Text Message sent or received
    Streamlined Billing
    Message Waiting Indicator
    No Answer/Transfer
    3-Way Calling
    Call Delivery
    Call Waiting
    Call Forward - No Answer
    Basic Voice Mail
    NEW EVERY TWO TIERED
    UNL NIGHT & WEEKEND MIN
    UNL TEXT MESSAGING

Optional Features
    WPP INSURANCE
    Caller ID
    Call Forwarding
    NATL IN CALLING-UNLIM
    NATLACCESS ROAMING PAYU
    Unlimited Data Usage
    CHAPERONE PARENT
    UNL PICTURE/VIDEO MSG
    Last edited by reciecup2000; 06/13/2008 at 08:09 AM.
    Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
    When I into my VZW account and try to upgrade my phone to a Centro I am offered this data plan for $29.99

Email and Web for Smartphone
    Use your PDA/Smartphone for personal email and Web surfing.
    Access up to ten POP3 and IMAP email accounts, including Yahoo!® Mail, AOL® Mail, Windows Live® Hotmail®, and Verizon.net.
    Easy email account setup.
    Unlimited Web Browsing
    Voice Usage: Per your voice calling plan.
    Required Equipment
    Select CDMA PDA/Smartphone device with Verizon Wireless software required.

CDMA Data Roaming

In the Canadian Broadband and Canadian Enhanced Services Rate and Coverage Areas, usage will be charged at a rate of $0.002 per KB or $2.05 per MB.
    In the Mexican Enhanced Services Rate and Coverage Area, usage will be charged at a rate of $0.005 per KB or $5.12 per MB.
    For more information on roaming in Canada and Mexico, visit verizonwireless.com/naroaming
    I finally got my Centro today! But when I asked about only 1 year contract the Sales Rep was having problems finding it. So I guess I'll try to call CS and see if they can switch me to 1 year. I want an option to check out possible new Palm OS phone next year.

I also asked about that 1600mAh battery, she also couldnt find it.
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Centro-V View Post
    So for those who have been luckey enough to get their hands on one, and have cancled the data plan . . . have you received any flack for canceling out of the data plan?

revoked the discount, got hit with additional fee's for canceling early?
    I cancelled that within 12 hours.... nothing yet... nothing on my account BUT I had them note in my account that they told me I could do this so if they try to stiff me, I have a case...
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by codyboring View Post
    So my question is do I have to get the data plan. I had the 700w for a long time with out the data. I didn't want the phone for the web and email. I wanted it for the calander and being able to sync it and I just date using dumbphones.So will verizon let me buy this phone without a data plan?
    no.. you do not HAVE to get a plan. this phone does not 'require' it... just do pay-as-you-go kilobyte plan like I do and no worried.. but they do have to set that up though for you.
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by miles4000 View Post
    I finally got my Centro today! But when I asked about only 1 year contract the Sales Rep was having problems finding it. So I guess I'll try to call CS and see if they can switch me to 1 year. I want an option to check out possible new Palm OS phone next year.

I also asked about that 1600mAh battery, she also couldnt find it.
    yeah, cause the 1600mAh battery is a misprint and vaporware

so after all of this Data plan worry and chit chat you did not even post up what YOU did for data plan???
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    as of this moment, day of official release, in my online account under My Plan... I still do not have a $29.99 Data plan offered FWIW...

seems some are seeing this and some not and I have a theory..

THEORY: when I bought mine, the guy mentioned my account had a notation it was a "business account" and that maybe he could do better pricing. He looked, but with my NE2 and rebate and such I was getting it as cheap as you can (I got it FREE mind you except for taxes we pay in CA). Well, then when I go onto my account and look at my Plans, as that image shows I posted pages back, all of My Plans for Data are discounted.... I am wodering if the upside is discounted data plans but the downside of my phone being listed as "business" (which it was years ago and got me a benefit now but now it is kind of a catch all phone) is biting me in the arse and they do not offer that $29 plan to biz accounts as it is not in my list to select from. This is just a theory, but I wonder why some above see it and some above do not see it and wonder if there is a pattern of those seeing/getting it (not listed as "business" phones) and those that are (listed as just personal phone).
    eTard - I went with the $29.99 data plan. I thought we resolved that one yesterday. I didnt think that battery was the correct size. Thanks
    I just got my phone and it has a 1150 battery.
    I am not getting the Centro now, but I checked my online account and found some good news. I could get it for $89, plus a $70 rebate. I can select the Mail and Web plan for $29.99, minus 12% (business discount), for a monthly data total of $26.39. Currently I have no contract and this would be for a 2-year contract. Pretty good if you ask me.
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gapost View Post
    I am not getting the Centro now, but I checked my online account and found some good news. I could get it for $89, plus a $70 rebate. I can select the Mail and Web plan for $29.99, minus 12% (business discount), for a monthly data total of $26.39. Currently I have no contract and this would be for a 2-year contract. Pretty good if you ask me.
    hmmm... so there is a person WITH a business account, like me, who does have the $29 data plan to select from.. and an added discount, like I get, for being a biz account...
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by miles4000 View Post
    eTard - I went with the $29.99 data plan. I thought we resolved that one yesterday. I didnt think that battery was the correct size. Thanks
    no, we just resolved it was a legit offer, there was finally written proof to show they were offering it on a centro... but not if you actually got it, or were able to, today when you got your phone. but it seems you did so good

there just seems no rhyme or reason to it being available. some still seem to see it in their plans to select from, others don't.. some bought it and were offered it, some were not even offered it.
    Went to the VZW store in Saratoga and the same guy who was at the store yesterday and wouldn't sell it to me helped me today.

I told him I wanted to walk out paying $70 out of pocket (would be rebated) and he laughed at me. I told him the $269 price - $100 new every two - $100 advance device credit = $70.

He brought up my account and noticed that I was a New York State (NYS)Employee. He reached for a clipboard and then told me the Centro is $50 for NYS employees with no rebate. I said OK and he started processing the order. I told him I wanted to move to the $29 data plan and he told me it wasn't available for the Centro. I whipped out a hard copy of the Verizon press release indicating the Centro was part of the $29 data plan. He said he would do it, if the computer allowed.

He went and got the phone and started the activation process. As he was punching in the info, he stated, "The best I can do is $0 for the phone." (that's right, ZERO!) I asked why $0 and he said because the computer would let him do it. My guess is that either the New Every Two $100 or the Advance Device Credit $100 wiped out the $50 charge for the phone!

Even better, when I asked what the bottom line was on my monthly bill, and he said, "$15 less that what you are paying now." (I had the $45 data plan)

Free new phone and $15 less per month. Nice!

Some photos below of my new Centro next to my 3 or 4 year old Treo 650:
    http://albanyhdtv.homestead.com/files/centro1.jpghttp://albanyhdtv.homestead.com/files/centro2.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by eTard View Post
    hmmm... so there is a person WITH a business account, like me, who does have the $29 data plan to select from.. and an added discount, like I get, for being a biz account...

What I have is a discount on my personal account, because my business is using Verizon. It is not really a business account. But I was surprised that I was seeing the discounts.
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gapost View Post
    What I have is a discount on my personal account, because my business is using Verizon. It is not really a business account. But I was surprised that I was seeing the discounts.
    so when you log in to your account online, under My Plans under Data do you see this as an option? how many others do you see listed as options?
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    So, does this 29.99 plan qualify you for the advanced data $100 credit?