Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jas O View Post
    You don't. That's why you are saving $15.00 a month.
    You can view it on a web page, but no push.
    This isn't true. Take a look at ChatterMail.
    Global Posts
    760 Global Posts
    I stand corrected. I am used to thinking in terms of window mobile.
    Finally, now all I have to do is convince my wife that its time to upgrade.
    We only have 2 months on our contract, but with all the "Upgrade now" e-mails I have received i'm itching to get a new phone.

Maybe since it looks like you can get the Centro for free, I'll ask if they could use my new in 2 discount on my wifes phone.

Maybe that will entice her to upgrade.
    My Evolution -
    PDA's: Palm Vx - Sony Clie PEG-T655C - Palm Tungsten E2
    Cellphones: Too many to count - Final phone was a Moto RAZR V3M
    Smartphone: First and only so far - Centro
    people - you can use a 'personal' version of VersaMail to get POP email...no issues....look in the 'My Centro' app and see if it's in the bonus software....
    I think Verizon has lost their minds....

I called the other day to pre-order my Centro, which I could, but chose not to because the customer service rep told me that I could get it quicker if I waited and just got it in the store on Friday (It wouldn't be at my house until next Tuesday if I pre-ordered it ~ of course, I know now that it's not the case ).

Well, today, I got a google alert that told me that the Centro was being released a day early in the stores and online. I called 2 local stores (I'm in Maryland) and both of them couldn't even tell me when they would be carrying the Centro (one store thought it was going to be released on Sunday (6/15). So, I called CS again...they told me they're not taking pre-orders for it and they have no idea why I was told I could pre-order it on Monday evening. She saw the *note* in my account about being offered the pre-order, but wasn't able to help me.

Has anyone else in the MD/VA/DC area tried to get information about the release date?
    It just means that the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing.

Thus conflicting info about itf the 29$ data rate is available & other issues.

You get different answers depending on who you talk to.
    One store dude may differ than another, and the dif phone reps the same...

This is not just a verizon thing, just the usual Modus Operendi when companies release info at the last minute and do not fully inform underlings.
    "Everybody Palm!"

Palm III/IIIC, Palm Vx, Verizon: Treo 650, Centro, Pre+.
    Leo killed my future Pre 3 & Opal, dagnabitt!
    Should I buy a Handspring Visor instead?
    Got a Pre2! "It eats iPhones for Breakfast"!
    Quote Originally Posted by AlbanyHDTV View Post
    How do you receive email via a POP account without wireless sync?
    you can always use versamail... it doesnt come pre-installed with palm devices (verizon only)... you need to install it...
    Well, I just chatted with a CSR at VZW online, and they know nothing about Centro yet.
    Ok...I have a 755p and decided I wanted the Centro cuz I wanted to be fashionable.

I currently have the $45 unlimited data plan and after reading about everyones issue with the $29 data plan I figured I was just stuck with my $45 data plan. Well, I just ordered my Centro and the customer service rep asked if this was a personal phone and I said yes. She said OK so I'll set you up $29 data plan for you without me asking or saying a word. Now my centro is getting shipped and I got the $29 data plan.... HURRAY!!!!
    Looks like i'm back in now that it is on the $29.99 data plan!
    Global Posts
    760 Global Posts
    Is versa mail mail only? I don't suppose that it syncs Contacts and Calendar too?
    Does the Centro accept 4GB microSDHC as well as 4GB microSD?
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AlbanyHDTV View Post
    Does the Centro accept 4GB microSDHC as well as 4GB microSD?
    yes, I posted that earlier
    Which VZW store in SoCal? I guess all of them will have it by now! Congrats on the new Centro!

Quote Originally Posted by eTard View Post
    yes, I posted that earlier
    Is versa mail mail only? I don't suppose that it syncs Contacts and Calendar too?
    versamail is only for email for POP accounts but if you have Exchange Active Server setup in it, it includes calendar and contacts
    it would sync calendar, contacts and email WIRELESSLY
    After a couple of calls i got mine!!!!

http://i32.tinypic.com/oppylv.jpg
    Nice!
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    Anyone successfully migrate from a 700p/755p to a Centro using a complete (not selective) NVbackup set?
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dcpmark View Post
    Anyone successfully migrate from a 700p/755p to a Centro using a complete (not selective) NVbackup set?
    dude.. I would NEVER do that.. NVbackup will carry over stuff specific to the 700 series NOT for a Centro. Even has competing file/app names and that could just wrek havoc.

I did, and would only recommend, 'selectively' pulling pieces and not just a blind backup set from another model phone.