Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 389101112131415161718 ... LastLast
    More proof it's coming on Friday...

http://www.smallcapcenter.com/news.a...oryid=10945404
    Cheesehead- Thanks for the update.

What data plan did you get with it?

Also does VoiceSignal voice dialing (2.0.55.0) work with BT headset? (assuming u have a BT headset.

I dont have a good feeling about the Centro being on the $29.99 data plan.
    Last edited by miles4000; 06/11/2008 at 10:12 PM.
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    I GOT IT!!

went in to a local store and they hooked me up, despite not being on the floor nor ready for sale until Friday the 13th, just got the right store/cool people/mamager.

Here are some details and answers you have been wanting to know.

NO, I repeat, NO 29.99 data plan. That is only for the Blackberry. This phone requires a 45.00 Plan. Period. So, I got that plan to get the $100 Data Credit, and will be canceling tomorrow

I got this deal.. $269.99 -$100 for Ne2 - $100 data credit = $69.99 BUT then they did the 70 rebate right there on the spot... did not have to send in. The rebate form shows it ends on June 15.. so I wanted to buy before then. so I walked out paying the 30 in taxes for the phone (required in CA) and that is all. nothing more! no rebate to send in!

It is a standard 1150mAh battery

Yes... it works with the Ford Sync system (except for text messaging)! Yippiee!!

My signal strength - in home office - seems about the same

System OS is Garnet 5.4.9, CENTRO-1.02-VZW, Hardware A

Apps loaded:
    my centro
    quick tour
    BT 1.2
    calc
    calendar
    camcorder
    camera
    card info
    contacts
    documents
    downloads
    googlemaps
    hotsync
    memos
    messaging (both sms & mms)
    phone
    pics&vids
    prefs
    ptunes
    security
    sounds
    sudoku
    tasks
    voice memo
    voicedial - SUCKS!!
    web
    wireless sync
    world clock
    Last edited by eTard; 06/12/2008 at 01:56 PM.
    Glad you able to get it early.

The $45 data plan is a deal breaker for me. I cant see paying that much for it. I'm planning to still go and check it out on friday and let them know its way to much. I got to believe they will rethink it, I mean the iPhone data plan is only $30!
    Congrats to cheesehead007 and eTard for getting your Verizon Centros! And thanks for the pics and details! I posted a story on it.

I hope the Centro will officially launch on Verizon Friday so all those who have been waiting can get their hands on one. I'm still loving my Black Centro! Y'all are lucky to get that cool Blue!
    ETARD, are you in SOCAL? if so which verizon store
    Quote Originally Posted by eTard View Post
    I GOT IT!!

went in to a local store and they hooked me up, despite not being on the floor nor ready for sale until Friday the 13th, just got the right store/cool people/mamager.

Here are some details and answers you have been wanting to know.

NO, I repeat, NO 29.99 data plan. That is only for the Blackberry. This phone requires a 45.00 Plan. Period. So, I got that plan to get the $100 Data Credit, and will be canceling tomorrow

I got this deal.. $269.99 -$100 for Ne2 - $100 data credit = $69.99 BUT then they did the 70 rebate right there on the spot... did not have to send in. The rebate form shows it ends on June 15.. so I wanted to buy before then. so I walked out paying the 30 in taxes for the phone (required in CA) and that is all. nothing more! no rebate to send in!

It is a standard 1150mAh battery

Yes... it works with the Ford Sync system (except for text messaging)! Yippiee!!

My signal strength - in home office - seems about the same

System OS is Garnet 5.4.9, CENTRO-1.02-VZW, Hardware A

Apps loaded:
    my centro
    quick tour
    BT (3.3a)
    calc
    calendar
    camcorder
    camera
    card info
    contacts
    documents
    downloads
    googlemaps
    hotsync
    memos
    messaging
    phone
    pics&vids
    prefs
    ptunes
    security
    sounds
    sudoku
    tasks
    voice memo
    voicedial
    web
    wireless sync
    world clock
    I still don't see IM....

thanks for the sharing..
    Quote Originally Posted by miles4000 View Post
    Cheesehead- Thanks for the update.

What data plan did you get with it?

Also does VoiceSignal voice dialing (2.0.55.0) work with BT headset? (assuming u have a BT headset.

I dont have a good feeling about the Centro being on the $29.99 data plan.
    I'm on the more expensive ($45) data plan. Still no voice dialing over bluetooth, I gave up hope on that feature request long ago. If you initiate a call with VoiceSignal (which can be over the speakerphone), the call transfers to the headset automatically if it's paired. Probably always worked that way, someone can correct me if otherwise.
    After reading eTards post I'm hesitant to switch from my 700p. My current unlimited data plan is $39 and I get 2,000 txt messages free per month. Seems like if I sign a new contract the data is $6 more and I might have to pay for txt too.

Can anyone confirm if you can still get the deal that allows 2,000 free txt messages from per month for pda smart phones. It's mentioned here:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...2000+ALLOWANCE
    Quote Originally Posted by eTard View Post
    I GOT IT!!

NO, I repeat, NO 29.99 data plan. That is only for the Blackberry.
    etard, you may want to go back and complain. According to the Palm blog 29.99 plan is golden.

http://blog.palm.com/palm/2008/06/centro-now-avai.html

Time to go shopping!!
    Hm... maybe this is where the confusion comes in.... from the Vzn website:

"E-mail and Web for Smartphone
    is available for $29.99 monthly access with a qualifying voice plan through business sales channels, at www.verizonwireless.com and in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores, including those in Circuit City... An E-mail and Web for BlackBerry® plan is currently available."

Thus those who say the "plan" is only available for Blackberry are talking about the plan with "Blackberry" in its name. Of course the simularily-named "E-mail and Web for Smartphone" is the same price, but a different plan. It is available for a Motorola and a Vzn-branded phone... and according to Palm, the Centro as well.

Hope we can hold them to that!
    "Everybody Palm!"

Palm III/IIIC, Palm Vx, Verizon: Treo 650, Centro, Pre+.
    Leo killed my future Pre 3 & Opal, dagnabitt!
    Should I buy a Handspring Visor instead?
    Got a Pre2! "It eats iPhones for Breakfast"!
    Global Posts
    760 Global Posts
    Just remember on the $29.99 plan there is no wireless sync. I believe that is the only difference. If you don't use wireless sync then you are lucky and can save $15.00 a month.
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ClassicGeek View Post
    etard, you may want to go back and complain. According to the Palm blog 29.99 plan is golden.

http://blog.palm.com/palm/2008/06/centro-now-avai.html

Time to go shopping!!
    don't really care as I am canceling it anyway.. but also just what they told me - in person and on the phone before I got the phone..

anyway... look at this under my online account.. interesting... 2 plans and mine looks discounted

UPDATE: cancelled the data plan already... no even 12 hours later
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by eTard; 06/12/2008 at 09:51 AM.
    No Problem, I was cautioned not to use wireless sync... I sync with my PC and back-up to my card.
    "Everybody Palm!"

Palm III/IIIC, Palm Vx, Verizon: Treo 650, Centro, Pre+.
    Leo killed my future Pre 3 & Opal, dagnabitt!
    Should I buy a Handspring Visor instead?
    Got a Pre2! "It eats iPhones for Breakfast"!
    How do you receive email via a POP account without wireless sync?
    Global Posts
    760 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AlbanyHDTV View Post
    You don't. That's why you are saving $15.00 a month.
    Global Posts
    760 Global Posts
    You can view it on a web page, but no push.
    My Treo 650 had Versa Mail, besides Wireless Sync. This is no longer used on the centro?

FYI...I got a 650 the day it first came out. I see the Centro as a viable replacement for free (with $100 new every two).
    I assume we can still use third party applications such as Snapper or Chatter to achieve the same thing.

Does anyone know if the discounts that VZW gives to employees of certain companies apply to this plan?
    Quote Originally Posted by AlbanyHDTV View Post
    You use an alternative to Wireless Sync such as ChatterMail. IMHO Wireless Sync sux. With ChatterMail you can get push email, pop, etc...