Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314151617 ... LastLast
    Based on what everyone says, I'll stick with VZW. Plus, just like what eTard mentioned, in my area, VZW is king with coverage, plus have many friends/family on VZW.

June 13th, Friday the 13th, the introduction of VZW Centro (though, I wouldn't be surprised if VZW releases it next week or later)

Quote Originally Posted by treogolfer View Post
    I had a nextel and VZW for work for a while. Used the nextel as it had better coverage at the house and office. (that has been fixed) but when sprint bought nextel they messed it all up. I had a phone go bad and tried to get a new one. It was the top end model when I purchased it. They would only replace with low in model. I obviously worked my way to a decision maker and she would not give me the time of day. spent 2 minutes with her and as I was going trough my arguement she said she appreciated my business but that I was now free to port my number....so I did.....went to AT&T had a treo problem from the time i got it. after 3 monthes they said it was the phone and they would send me a refurb because I was out of my 30 days. I said I had this problem from the begining and I wanted a new phone. they said i was correct but would not send me a new one. after an hour they let me out of contract and everything and VZW took back with open arms like I never left. sprint and ATT get all the new phone, but if you have a problem you are screwed..
    http://cache.vzw.com/images_b2c/acce...en_protect.jpg

Saw this picture on VZW site doing a search on "palm centro".

Well it looks like wireless sync is listed on the screen.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/s...437&market=All

Here's another example -

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/s...412&market=All
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    hmmmmm.... just in the last 24 hours, more Centro 'specific' schwag listed when you do a search on Centro.. for example ,they now show this centro case
    Yeah, if you enter Part #PALMCEN* in search it comes up with a few different color covers n other stuff.

I'm more interested in if you can see any specific apps on it that maybe different as compared to other Centro's on Sprint & ATT.
    Most likely, the VZW Palm Centro will come with the same programs with the current VZW Treo 755p.

Quote Originally Posted by miles4000 View Post
    Yeah, if you enter Part #PALMCEN* in search it comes up with a few different color covers n other stuff.

I'm more interested in if you can see any specific apps on it that maybe different as compared to other Centro's on Sprint & ATT.
    Just testing that VZW pic for my avatar.

Wishful thinking!
    received my shiny new vzw centro today!....i won't be able to setup&activate until tomorrow due to my schedule.will post thoughts then...
    Quote Originally Posted by miles4000 View Post
    Just testing that VZW pic for my avatar.

Wishful thinking!
    Nice picture...
    I know you will be VERY satisfied with the Centro as your first Smart Phone.
    Florida Tony
    GSM: Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 680 > Centro > iPhone 3G S
    Global Posts
    760 Global Posts
    It's funny my friend call Verizon to order his Centro today and they acted like they didn't know what he was talking about. Service Rep wouldn't even say when or if it was being released.

They must have had a flood of calls. Lucky few people got to order early. I had mine sent Std shipment. I hope it gets here before Friday.
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by andybrownstl View Post
    received my shiny new vzw centro today!....i won't be able to setup&activate until tomorrow due to my schedule.will post thoughts then...
    until I see photos.. I am a bit leary... so post up some unboxing photos.

my experience was just like what Jas O said right above
    Quote Originally Posted by cheesehead007 View Post
    If it's indeed the Centro that they ship, I'll post "unboxing" pics. Unfortunately, it occurs to me that I ordered a car charger with the phone. What do you bet, that's what shipped?

I wouldn't put it past VZW to ship me a 755p either. We'll see tomorrow.
    Sometimes it's nice to be wrong. Just got my Centro! Here's my 1st attempt at images (photobucket link follows):

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/n...391024x768.jpg

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/n...401024x768.jpg
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    DAMN!.. there she blows! saweet... I was a bit skeptical.. but there you have it.. you guys who pulled this off scored the lucky reps on the phone.. sons-o-b****es

I think at this stage, faster to now to just wait until Friday and walk in and get it as i also just read elsewhere "I just confirmed with a VZW operator that the Centro will be released on Friday, June 13th. But she wasn't sure about what rebates if any will be available for the phone. "
    Nice! Please report back with first impressions.
    Global Posts
    760 Global Posts
    Sweet!! I was starting to worry. I was sitting next to my friend when he called and they played stupid. Hopefully mine will arrive Thursday.
    So, looks like the guys at the mid-west and Michigan got their Verizon Blue Centro already!! Great pics!! eTard is probably going to get it at his local Verizon Store...I'm going to see what my options are between my local distributor vs. VZW Store....Finally....now tell us what is on the VZW Centro (betcha the same programs as the VZW Treo 755p).
    Hi All,

I think I asked this one b4, and I simply do not remember the answer, so sorry to have to bother you all again with this. Will the Verizon Centro be the same download speed as my old Sprint Treo 650 or is this faster? (I know that some smart phones, have speeds about the same as dsl & cable speeds and some are closer to dial up speeds). As always, thanks for the info and take care, Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Global Posts
    760 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovedessert View Post
    Hi All,

I think I asked this one b4, and I simply do not remember the answer, so sorry to have to bother you all again with this. Will the Verizon Centro be the same download speed as my old Sprint Treo 650 or is this faster? (I know that some smart phones, have speeds about the same as dsl & cable speeds and some are closer to dial up speeds). As always, thanks for the info and take care, Jay
    The Centro should be faster. It is EDVO. I am not sure if it will get upgraded to Rev A?? I am not sure what the 650 had before, but I am almost positive that it was slower. It was one of the big reasons to upgrade to the 700 series then to the Centro.

Edit; the above is only true for CDMA Sprint & Verizon. I am not sure how it works for the GSM ATT
    JUST got started with the Centro... been a busy evening.

Different vs. 755p - PTunes is 'deluxe' edition... (I think 755p was 'basic' edition)... Astraware Sudoku was included & preinstalled, as was VoiceSignal voice dialing (2.0.55.0).

Did a BRIEF amount of browsing, and got a few proxy errors... odd. Also, when browsing to the Accuweather bookmark (preinstalled), it had a "Latest motoring news on your Centro/Gryphon" ad link at the top of the page.

In my highly unscientific, side-by-side RSSI testing, I can't discern a difference in signal strength between the two devices.

Now I'm off to install a bazillion apps and about 12 years worth of data
    Stopped at another Vzn store today, the kid looked like he never heard of the centro, and there was no love shown for the possibility of getting the cheaper (29) 30 dollar data rate.

It is only offered to a Blackberry, a Motorola q of some kind, and a phone that is strangely branded with Verizon's own name. It was said that Blackberry had made a deal with them... but no reason was given for offering the 29$ rate for the Motorola, and especially for their own branded phone. What, did they make a deal with themselves?? Then make a deal with me!

I have 4 phones out of contract, only one (my 650) has data, and that is at the 49 (not 45)$ rate. I want to add a kids line (10$) texting for that (5$) and chaperone service (10$) and wife may want to upgrade to a phone with data... can't they show us some love and get us 2 data phones (Centros) for 29 $ data each?

So instead of :
    the current main line + 3 more voice lines (10$ each) plus my 50$ data...

I'd like:
    main line + 4 more voice lines (10$ each) plus TWO 29 dollar data... PLUS kids texting and chaperone...

That's what is now $49 beyond the cost of the 4 lines vs
    10+5+10+29+29 or about 53$ if we make the deal.

They would still make 4$ more off me a month...
    what can they do to not have me go to iphone or Sprint SERO or somewhere? Do they care if I churn?

I only hope they are wrong, and when it is released they add it to the phones using the 29$ plan.

If they don't, they will not see the sucess of the Centro on Vzn that the phone has enjoyed on Sprint, especially Sprint SERO, or even their Sprint (really) everything plan.

This is sucking.
    "Everybody Palm!"

Palm III/IIIC, Palm Vx, Verizon: Treo 650, Centro, Pre+.
    Leo killed my future Pre 3 & Opal, dagnabitt!
    Should I buy a Handspring Visor instead?
    Got a Pre2! "It eats iPhones for Breakfast"!
    Cheesehead- Hate to rain on your parade, but... You may want to use the native aps for a while first. Please be careful installing too many aps at once, some of the 755 aps may not work on the Centro and may require updated versions. It is best to install one app at a time, see if it works with no problems, then install another. That way if something croaks you know what app it was that caused the hiccup. A backup program and an uninstaller may be the first things to consider putting on there. Enjoy your new baby!
    "Everybody Palm!"

Palm III/IIIC, Palm Vx, Verizon: Treo 650, Centro, Pre+.
    Leo killed my future Pre 3 & Opal, dagnabitt!
    Should I buy a Handspring Visor instead?
    Got a Pre2! "It eats iPhones for Breakfast"!