Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast
    I'm thinking maybe the VZW Rep was wrong in saying it was for BB only. I believe these other phones are offered with the $29.99 plan - Verizon Wireless SMT5800; the Verizon Wireless XV6800 and the MOTO Q9m.

Hope they add the Centro to the list. VZW plans are so confusing!
    Quote Originally Posted by miles4000 View Post
    It's a big deal for the people who are getting and plan on using the data plan.

I called and was told that there is a $25 10meg data plan and the $45 one. She said that the $29.99 data plan was for BB only. This sucks if its true!
    This is true. I have a Treo 700p and my wife has a BB Pearl. I've had several heated calls with VZ about this. Basically, RIM forced VZ to offer the cheaper data plan.

However, I just found out there's a catch: Yes, it costs more ($44) for the Treo data plan, but you can cancel it and pay $0 and/or $.005/kB. But, with the BB you can't cancel the data plan! The best they would do is drop to the $25/10MB plan (which is more than enough for my wife's email).
    Yes they were wrong plus I got my curve a week before it came out from vzw but other people would call and they wouldn't be able to buy it so I don't know why they do that but that$45 a month is crazy I paid that for like 5 or 6 years I couldn't do it anymore. My coxs high speed internet is cheaper than that!
    I'm StayFly, its not just a name its a lifestyle, so get some style in your life
    Well, sounds like Verzion or Palm wants to make up some $$$. Now that Engadget is already reporting that the new 3G iPhone is official (3G, WiFi, GPS), 8GB for $199, 16GB for $299....maybe VZW/Palm better rethink about selling the Centro for $269!

I love the Centro/Treo and all because I have tons of medical programs that I rely on, but now that Apple will release ability to run apps on iPhone 2.0 operating system, the value of the Centro should be down to at least $99 for a VZW Centro IMHO.
    I agree that the $45 is way to much to expect consumers to pay for a data plan on an entry level smartphone. If its true I'm going to check out SERO Sprint plan.
    Global Posts
    760 Global Posts
    The difference between the $45.00 plan and the $29.00 plan is that with the $29.00 plan there is no wireless sync. Both are unlimited data. If you don't use wireless sync save $15.00 a month.
    Can you still use the special promo code to get 2,000 txt messages free?
    New iPhone:

On AT&T unlimited iPhone 3G data plans for consumers will be available for $30 a month, on top of voice plans starting at $39.99 a month. Unlimited 3G data for business users will be $45 a month, on top of voice.

So even the new iPhone has $30 data plan. VZW is killing me!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jas O View Post
    The difference between the $45.00 plan and the $29.00 plan is that with the $29.00 plan there is no wireless sync. Both are unlimited data. If you don't use wireless sync save $15.00 a month.
    The point is that it doesnt look like the $29.99 plan is for the Centro!
    Global Posts
    760 Global Posts
    The point is that it doesnt look like the $29.99 plan is for the Centro!
    Not sure about that. I need the wireless sync so I am stuck with the $45.00. The only thing you can do is see if they will let you slide. Never hurts to ask. I have dealt with some very nice service reps that have bent the rules in the past. Then there are some who live and die by the book.
    I agree that the $45 is way to much to expect consumers to pay for a data plan on an entry level smartphone. If its true I'm going to check out SERO Sprint plan.
    Not sure I understand. what makes the centro entry level? Palm markets it that way, but everything I read is every bit as comparable to my 755p. Only difference is size. What other differences are there?

also talked to store today and computer shows release on the 13th.
    Quote Originally Posted by treogolfer View Post
    Not sure I understand. what makes the centro entry level? Palm markets it that way, but everything I read is every bit as comparable to my 755p. Only difference is size. What other differences are there?

also talked to store today and computer shows release on the 13th.
    The Centro is mostly being marketed to first time smartphone users and its not even Palm's top of the line model. That's what I call "entry level".
    Either way it's money in their pocket. And thats all they are really interested in. Even more so if you decide to hold on to the data plan after using it for a month or 2. And at that point, every month that you hold on to the data plan, your discount diminishes.

So again . . . Verizon gets fat.

So remember, no matter how good the customer service is, they are still in it for themselves.
    My Evolution -
    PDA's: Palm Vx - Sony Clie PEG-T655C - Palm Tungsten E2
    Cellphones: Too many to count - Final phone was a Moto RAZR V3M
    Smartphone: First and only so far - Centro
    The Centro is mostly being marketed to first time smartphone users and its not even Palm's top of the line model. That's what I call "entry level".
    Agree with that. But if you look at the devices side by side, what is the real difference? I have been using treo's for years, and do not think I am losing any ability with the centro over my 755p? I am not arguing, would love not to spend the money, but I really want the size, but do not want to give up anything either. I go to the AT&T store just to play with the centro and see if I can find something wrong with it.. I heavly use the email and text, because I am on the road all the time. I have a few other programs that I need, but all comapatible with centro.

Just looking for a good honest opinion if I am loosing anything by going from 755p to centro?
    The Centro is only being promoted as entry-level because they're embarrassed to put out yet another device that's essentially the same as the 2-year-old 700P (except better executed) and the more recent 755P, and because for future releases they are adopting a three-level strategy (entry-level, prosumer, and enterprise).
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Grace View Post
    The Centro is only being promoted as entry-level because they're embarrassed to put out yet another device that's essentially the same as the 2-year-old 700P (except better executed) and the more recent 755P, and because for future releases they are adopting a three-level strategy (entry-level, prosumer, and enterprise).
    if so.. how can they command such a ridiculous price strategy on an "entry-level" phone? that is what they should be embarrassed about.
    Well, $99 after rebates (for Sprint, and under certain conditions for VZW) is a lot better than what I paid for the 700p!
    "Just looking for a good honest opinion if I am loosing anything by going from 755p to centro?"

check out - http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=165201
    I'm wondering more about the new iPhone. 2G was really the limiting thing for me. Yes, I have a lot of legacy Palm apps, but it seems that the built-in Apple apps do a lot of what those Palm programs were meant for. Data can be migrated in various ways, and maybe some enterprising person will figure out how to export Palm data to the iPhone easily. On a Mac, there is probably a way to import Palm data into iCal, and that would go directly to the iPhone. However, I could do it manually if I had to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Grace View Post
    I'm wondering more about the new iPhone. 2G was really the limiting thing for me. Yes, I have a lot of legacy Palm apps, but it seems that the built-in Apple apps do a lot of what those Palm programs were meant for. Data can be migrated in various ways, and maybe some enterprising person will figure out how to export Palm data to the iPhone easily. On a Mac, there is probably a way to import Palm data into iCal, and that would go directly to the iPhone. However, I could do it manually if I had to.
    Maybe you should check out iPhone forums and ask that question?
Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast