1.    #1  
    I had something strange happen to me about a week ago. I purchased a jabra BT8040 for my wifes Centro and after being paired it would not send any sound or mic signal to the Centro. I tried it with a 650 and the same thing. Even reseting the BT8040 to factory fresh state.

I tried it with my 700p (converted 755) and it paired correctly but when I tried to use it to mak a call it sent my 700p into a rest loop that would not recover from.

I hard reset and used my last backup using resco explorer but after about 3% when it would reach Airsam it would reset and of course stop the backup. Tried this several times Hard resetting between backups and no go.

I hotsynced my phone after a hard reset to a 3 week old state on my home computer. After that I ran the latest backup using resco exploere and it worked.

Heres the strange part!

Whan I went back into bluetooth menu and went under trusted devices all the names turned into the device adress? I deleted all trusted devices and paired my Jabra BT8010 and everything has been well since. I use Sag also with no problems.

Anyone ever had anything like this ever happen? I'm a little confused and have returned the Bt8040 for another one. Has anyone had any probs running one? I mean My BT8010 pairs with my 650,700p,Centro no problem.
  2.    #2  
    OK I got a replacement but still have a problem.

Pairs with the 700 just fine but.............. I cant hear anythign out of it when making calls??? Noone else can hear me either!

Now here is the strange part. It streams music well using SAG.

Anyone here actually using one? is it a Palm bluetooth thing or am I just cursed with faulty Jabra BT8040 headsets?
    I have been using the 8040 with my centro now for about 6 weeks and never had any problems works well with sag
    Fred
    I too have been using the 8040 with my 700p though I sometimes go to use it I will make the connection sound when the phone app connects to it but does not pass audio. soft reset time. it was happening too frequently so I hard reset and restored and cleared out the bluetooth devices (i went thru 11 headsets finding the right model for me) that has seemed to help.

DT
    I too have been using the 8040 with my 700p though I sometimes go to use it I will make the connection sound when the phone app connects to it but does not pass audio. soft reset time. it was happening too frequently so I hard reset and restored and cleared out the bluetooth devices (i went thru 11 headsets finding the right model for me) that has seemed to help.

believe it or not..my wife has a Centro too. I will try it on her phone to see if acts funny.

sag works fine for me BTW. I just wish it didn't stutter with slingbox! (any BT not just 8040)
    DT
  6.    #6  
    I had it replaced and the replacement works well. I dont know what it was with the original but evrything is well now. SAG works better than the palm handsfree and it pairs well.

I never figured ehat exactly it was but guessing it was probably a defective unit.