Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    I have an unlocked GSM 680, which is running on T-Mobile. For some reason I don't seem to be able to send picture messages.
    I can send text messages fine, and I can access the internet fine (have T-Mobile's unlimited internet add-on).

Whenever I try to send a picture message to an email address (for example, to upload to flickr), the delivery fails, with the error:

The network connection was interrupted. This message will be resent automatically.

The picture never completes sending.

I tried sending a picture message to a phone instead (to myself). When I did this, the picture looked like it was sending, but then an error popped up that said the address of the message was invalid.

I was able to send mms fine with my previous phones, but for some reason it won't work with the Treo. Any ideas?
    I had the same problem a few months ago on my unlocked 680 on T-Mobile. I thought it was a T-Mobile problem because it seemed like it started occurring after I had to replace my SIM card and I spent a lot of time bothering their Level 2 Techs about it. It wasn't a T-Mobile or a 680 problem though -- it turns out that I had some kind of a software compatibility problem, which I discovered after doing a compete backup (using Resco Backup) and a hard reset. After the hard reset, I tried sending an MMS and it worked just like it was supposed to. Doing a full restore made the problem reappear, so I had to do a complete clean install of all of my favorite applications (I have over 100 of them!). After each new installation, I sent an MMS to myself to make sure it worked, then installed the next one. Now everything is working fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristieC View Post
    I had the same problem a few months ago on my unlocked 680 on T-Mobile. I thought it was a T-Mobile problem because it seemed like it started occurring after I had to replace my SIM card and I spent a lot of time bothering their Level 2 Techs about it. It wasn't a T-Mobile or a 680 problem though -- it turns out that I had some kind of a software compatibility problem, which I discovered after doing a compete backup (using Resco Backup) and a hard reset. After the hard reset, I tried sending an MMS and it worked just like it was supposed to. Doing a full restore made the problem reappear, so I had to do a complete clean install of all of my favorite applications (I have over 100 of them!). After each new installation, I sent an MMS to myself to make sure it worked, then installed the next one. Now everything is working fine.
    Did U found out the app that was incompatible
    Quote Originally Posted by drashran View Post
    Did U found out the app that was incompatible
    No, I made a point to do a new install of the latest version of every app, and there were some that I didn't use very much, or not at all, that I didn't reinstall. It required re-entry of all of the registration codes, etc., but it was worth it, because the result was a snappier, rock solid stable device where everything works as it's supposed to. I admit that it was a painful, lengthy process, but it was well worth it.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Well, a hard reset and one by one reinstall of 3rd party apps seemed to have done it. Only app I didn't put back on was the IBM JVM and Opera Mini. I was planning on taking them off anyway though (too unstable), so I'm guessing they may have been causing some of the trouble.