1. yky
    I have used Treo 650 for 4 years and like 650 screen most. Since it is 320x320 resolution screen and is much better than the WM phone I currently use. I intend to upgrade to either a Centro or Blackberry Curve, but not sure which phone gives a better screen display. Understand that Curve's is 240x320 in horizontal, but some people said in forums Curve displays better than Treo. Any people have compared both and care to share the experience?
  2. tsy
    Quote Originally Posted by yky View Post
    I have used Treo 650 for 4 years and like 650 screen most. Since it is 320x320 resolution screen and is much better than the WM phone I currently use. I intend to upgrade to either a Centro or Blackberry Curve, but not sure which phone gives a better screen display. Understand that Curve's is 240x320 in horizontal, but some people said in forums Curve displays better than Treo. Any people have compared both and care to share the experience?
    erm.. being n a palm forum and used to 320x320... I will not accept anything less. I went 320x240 on a nokia for a few months and hated it.
    While the Curve screen is nice, the Centro screen is better. Those exta pixels make a difference.

Carl
    The Quickster
    "I'm your Huckleberry!"
    i reckon blackberry is brighter than centro/treo, because it is not a touch screen (it does not have a layer of digitizer)
    Can't really imagine needing a brighter screen. My 755p is too bright anywhere near 100%.
    Quote Originally Posted by papped View Post
    Can't really imagine needing a brighter screen. My 755p is too bright anywhere near 100%.
    I thought the same thing when ownin my other treo's , but compaired to the rest....
    if you hold a 700 next to a centro or a 755... the screen on the centro or 755 has more clearity to it , more of a crisp brighter look to it.

And while at night the Treo screen is extremely clear and bright, durin the daytime with the sun glarin off the screen, imo it needs to be on fully brightness to be visible.
    like mentioned above its mostly due to the touchscreen

While ive never seen a Curve I would only assume the same thing. it has to be brighter due to the fact its not a touchscreen
    Quote Originally Posted by Carbone View Post
    And while at night the Treo screen is extremely clear and bright, durin the daytime with the sun glarin off the screen, imo it needs to be on fully brightness to be visible.
    Yeah, but this is hardly Treo or Centro specific and personally I don't want to be able to. I can't see my PSP (non touch screen) or my HTC Mogul in direct sunlight worth crap either.

The problem is the ridiculous level of brightness you need to see the screen in direct sunlight (not to mention a screen surface that doesn't glare) is a guaranteed battery hog. Also that level of brightness is definitely too bright in non direct sunlight, which means you need adaptive background light settings (something similar to brightcam) or 2 profiles, 1 for indoor 1 for outdoor.
    i agree.. actually wow u just reminded me... I had a Palm store bought screen projector on my 700p.. it was extremely thick and it had a matt finish on it... totally stopped the glare.
    I got it so long ago and was so spoiled by it that i forgot i had it!
    Im of to stapes right now to buy another!!!!!!
    granted it was 20.00 for two of them, it was well worth it.
    scratch free, finger and smudge free, most important glare free!
    im off to staples to get one now!!

lmao thank u for reminding me!

now OFCOURSE they dont make it for the centro... but i guess ill just have to cut it to fit with a razor

http://store.palm.com/product/index....entPage=search
    Wonder what the difference is between these 2:

http://store.palm.com/product/index....entPage=family

I assume the one you got was the 2nd one.
    Quote Originally Posted by papped View Post
    Wonder what the difference is between these 2:

I assume the one you got was the 2nd one.

im pretty sure the pack is just a thin screen protector.
    I had the anti glare one and it proved to be SUPER THICK... like a credit card.
    it barely could be bent before i installed it.

I recommend the anti glare just cause Ive owned it and know how good it really is.

Like i said staples Im pretty sure stocks them.
    Is it tacky or does it prohibit stylus sliding at all? Right now I have the Seidio one that is hard, thin plastic, which works well because it slides just as good as if no protector was on at all.

The downside is that it isn't really anti-glare.
    What about Invisishield?
    Tritan

May the Pda be with you!!
    What does the anti glare do? It make you see better in sunlight? When is it most useful? Does it reduce the brightness, which would cause you to have to turn up the brightness more in order to achieve the same results?