Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    Heya -

Short story -
    After a hard restart not everything is syncing correctly after a safe sync.
    I get my contacts, but not my call log, applications, text messages, etc.
    Everything in the hotsync manager (just got the new version) is set for desktop to over write handheld.
    For example I have a bunch of apps in my "old apps" folder that are not being synced over and I REALLY miss my text messages.

Long Story -

So for whatever reason my centro refuses to keep my sd card mounted randomly. While I was trying to troubleshoot that I did a hard restart to see if it was a app I installed or something. The Sd worked correctly and now of course I was missing everything, so I re-synced to start testing. The first time everything came back fine yay! But then the card dropped out again, so I hard reset and was going to start the per app testing. THEN the sd card stopped working after a clear hard reset, so it must be hardware...?? So I went about re-syncing to get all my stuff back....and now it syncs but I am missing most of my stuff, txt's programs, settings, bookmarks, etc. If I open my programs/palm/tacroy (my palm's name is TacroyCentro) then I see my files, they just don't sync back again after doing a safe sync.

btw - I tried the card keeper program and it didn't re-mount the card for me.
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    Ok, so I found my messages_database.pdb and I can double click it and then when I sync I got my messages back. Which is good, so I started looking for other databases and was able to find more things (call log, etc) what do I need to have all of these to just work like they are supposed to and all sync up? How do I set the computer to overwrite the handheld for all databases?
    Thanks.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tacroy View Post
    ...How do I set the computer to overwrite the handheld for all databases?
    Thanks.
    Hotsync in the right corner of your computer screen (by the time), then choose custom, then change your conduits from there.
    Just make suer you do it as a one time only. Otherwise your computer versions will always overwrite your treo killing your call logs and messages with every hotsync.

Personally I would only hotsync the databases you want/need so as to avoid carrying any extra garbage/orphaned databases along unnecessarily.
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    In my hotsync manager when I click on applications I have all the options checked, but dont see anything about databases.
    I have
    Calendar (outlook)
    Contact (outlook)
    Task (outlook)
    Memos (outlook)
    addit
    Media
    Package Installer
    Install
    Install Service Templates
    Install to card
    Backup

Thanks
    It's the backup one. Just be very, very careful with that one as it will overwrite just about everything on the phone with what was on the computer. Individual files would be the better method unless you are working with a currently blank treo.
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    I just got home and checked it out, the only options I have for the backup option are either "backup" or "do nothing" I was looking for "pc overwrites handheld" and didn't see it. Am I missing something? Thanks!