Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I'm surprised to find there aren't more complaints, and more importantly, any more solutions, to the cheap, bendable, crummy plastic stylus palm has included with the centro.

The only metal stylus seems to be from Seidio and is a 2-in-1 pen. Anyone know of any others? Even almighty ebay has no solution.

I don't really want a pen on the other end of my stylus, all I want is a sturdy metal stylus. That and I think Seidio's a bit overpriced, but at least offer a plain metal stylus!
  2.    #2  
    http://store.treoden.com/centostylus.html here's one, complete with 6.95 flat rate UPS shipping.

http://www.wirester.com/palm-centro-...placement.html might be ok.
    Boxwave also has a metal stylus without the ballpoint pen. A bit pricier, imo. But it does come in red as well as black.
    I think having a pen is great! I'm still holding out for eBay though. Do you guys carry a pen around or just use the dirty ones you run into? lol. I used the pen for my LifeDrive all the time.
    I currently have a replacement pen stylus for my centro and I've only used the pen once. I find that if you pull the top off to use the pen too much, the cap becomes a little loose and rolls around when you try to use the stylus.
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    I have had a pen on all of my treos but can count on one hand the amount of times I have remembered it is there and used it.

Yet I still feel compelled to buy a pen stylus.
    Lenny

Ice Visor Deluxe-->Treo 90-->Treo 650--> Treo 700p-->Burgundy Treo 755p -->Onyx Centro--> Pre Minus--> Pixi Minus

[Once I lost my corkscrew in Africa. We had to live on food and water for 2 weeks.....Ernest Hemmingway
    I got rid of my stylus the second day i bought my centro...
    Me being a Treo owner since the 290, ownin a plastic stylus is not an option. Im well aware of the abuse that they need to endure.

www.seidioonline.com

Metal stylus, direct replacement. Has built in pen also.
    Best investment for your phone.
    the plastic one is doo doo!
    Last edited by Carbone; 03/17/2008 at 01:06 PM. Reason: fixed link
  8. tsy
    Quote Originally Posted by Carbone View Post
    I got rid of my stylus the second day i bought my centro...
    Me being a Treo owner since the 290, ownin a plastic stylus is not an option. Im well aware of the abuse that they need to endure.

www.seido.com

Metal stylus, direct replacement. Has built in pen also.
    Best investment for your phone.
    the plastic one is doo doo!
    Totally, agree. The pen's come in handy occasionally.
    Wow, I wonder why it's taking the eBay sellers so long to get these out?

The only problem with the pen stylus for me is that I use the pen very infrequently so when I need it, the ink always seems to be blocked up. Actually, the only time I ever use the stylus is for the pen.
    You know, Seidio also has a metal non-pen stylus available.

Seidio Non Pen Stylus
    What is wrong with the plastic stylus? Is it just a pet-peeve or is there something wrong with it?
    Pet peeve, mostly - it just feels cheap. My wife frequently steals my device to play Euchre or Rummy, and her first comment after I upgraded from the 650 to the Centro, was "I don't like this cheap plastic stick."
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
    Well I broke my 755 stylus fairly quickly. The Centro stylus was even cheaper so I got her a better on right away (before she broke hers) I wore out the stylus on my 600 and/or lost it but never broke it.

George
    What do people use the stylus for anyways? I can see using it to click on the battery and for games but that's about it. I use a pen several times a day and prefer to use my own.
    Everything - It's always in my hand when I am using my palm. It's always in my wife's hand when she is using her palm. It may be a carry over from earlier. Our first palms were Palm IIIc.

George
    Quote Originally Posted by BCVP View Post
    What do people use the stylus for anyways? I can see using it to click on the battery and for games but that's about it. I use a pen several times a day and prefer to use my own.
    You use a ball point pen? I guess it wouldn't write on the screen, but you use it as if you were writing on the screen?
    How about those twisty stylus things that you can wrap around your thumb. Anyone have any experiences with those?
    Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    I almost never take the stylus out, especially once I got used to a keyboard.
    I guess the only time I've really felt the need to use the stylus so far was while browsing the net.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast