Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    My boxwave non-pen stylus is still doing great and I use it all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carbone View Post
    are centro's arent silver so what good would that be.

do you guys even read the posts and just post your own response without reading?

All the styli in all colors, pen, non pen and ALL are metal
    http://www.seidioonline.com/index.as...&Category=1256

PEN
    http://www.seidioonline.com/index.as...ROD&ProdID=882
    umm.. if you look at the bar with the 5 way nav and phone/function buttons.. the phone IS indeed partly silver. The phone is also silver around the camera area for ALL centros.

EDIT: The 650 stylus didnt match the color of the phone. it was just brushed aluminum, matching the trim pieces.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCVP View Post
    What do people use the stylus for anyways? I can see using it to click on the battery and for games but that's about it. I use a pen several times a day and prefer to use my own.
    Hi,

I write a lot of texts (not text messages, but long texts) on my Treo when riding on a train.

I rarely take my Bluetooth keyboard with me, so the stylus becomes essential: I have been using TextPlus since the days of my T|T, and by now it's so attuned to my choice of words that I rarely have to enter more than two letters before the seven word popup list contains the word I am about to write; then I tap the screen, and my hit rate with the stylus is definitely better than with my finger nail.

(Of course, this way of writing is particularly well suited for me as a German - our words tend to be rather longer than English ones, even if not quite all of them are as extreme as Donaudampfschifffahrtsgesellschaftskapitaen )

Regards,

Jochen
    Quote Originally Posted by miztahsparklez View Post
    umm.. if you look at the bar with the 5 way nav and phone/function buttons.. the phone IS indeed partly silver. The phone is also silver around the camera area for ALL centros.

EDIT: The 650 stylus didnt match the color of the phone. it was just brushed aluminum, matching the trim pieces.
    funny i didnt know you inserted the stylus in those area's
    funny i didnt know you inserted the stylus in those area's
    Let's see, treo 750, stylus end is BLACK, ext antenna cover is BLACK, phone is BLUE (AT&T)! Treo 650, 700 - Stylus is silver, body is various colors (rubber covers dont even match the stylus). It seems that just about every other treo has a different color stylus than the body.

Apparently you've never had an older treo. Nobody said anything about inserting the stylus anywhere. Get your facts straight before trying to act like a smartass.

You might also want to go back to school and learn where to put those apostrophes and to figure out what the difference is between "our" and "are."

boxwave's and seidio's styli arent full metal, there's at least a quarter of it thats plastic. it seems as if the only metal part of the stylus is the tubing. For the record, they do make plastic in a brushed aluminum finish. Heck, they even make wood in a brushed aluminum finish.

I don't see why you're attacking people in the first place. Seems like just about every post you make is bragging, putting someone down, or complaining .

I think I like this quote best from you...

well i dont state opinions only fact...
    So some quick notes on this thread...

1. i noticed immediately upon receipt of my centro (red (I didn't have a choice, that's what the sprint store had and my trusty 650 had gotten broken)) that the plastic stylus sucked IMHO. It bends when trying to do very simple things on-screen, and that makes it very tough (for me) to use.

2. The original stylus that came with my T650 was AFAICT made of tungsten, not aluminum. It was too dense to be aluminum. I liked it *a lot*.

3. I had replacement pen styli for my T600 and didn't like them -- the caps unscrewed in my pocket (I carried a spare typically) and the cap/tip portion got lost. (my pockets are wannabe EPA superfund sites)...

4. The styli sold by seidio and boxwave appear to be the same, and yes, appear to have plastic tips.

5. $20 for three of these little thingees is *way too much money*. Unbelievable. Someone is making some money on these things.

6. I would really prefer to have a solid, dense, metal stylus like my T650's original one (which I just recently lost, sadly).

7. Yes, I use the stylus from time-to-time -- I find it faster in some apps than trying to use just the five-way button, even though I've become proficient at one-handed Treo/Centro usage.

all for now...
    mobileuser
    [PalmCentro-Sprint / (K)Ubuntu GNU/Linux]
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    2 pack anodized metal with sturdy plastic tips for $5

these guys on eBay

or these guys 2 pack for $7

see here on eBay
    So are the seido pen stylus the same as the ones sold by Boxwave?
    MFB: it sure looks to me like they are the same.

eTard: thanks for the innaresting links.
    mobileuser
    [PalmCentro-Sprint / (K)Ubuntu GNU/Linux]
    Thanks for confirming. Im waiting for Capdase then. Any feedback on egrips? I got those instead of the opaque white case.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123