Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1.    #1  
    I've tried to browse wikipedia via blazer a few times, and initially it looks like it's coming up ok, and then it reformats the screen such that the entire article is written in a one character wide column down the screen

    s
    o

    i
    t

    l
    o
    o
    k
    s

    l
    i
    k
    e

    t
    h
    i
    s
    .

    Suffice to say, that's not very readable..i've tried "optimized" mode as well as "wide-page" mode, it doesn't seem to make a difference.

    Has anyone else experienced this? any workarounds, other than using a different browser? (I had opera installed for a while, but I wasn't impressed with it so I removed it)

    At a minimum it would be nice to know it's not just me, if someone doesn't mind checking it on their centro...
  2. #2  
    This is a well known bug in the Wikipedia web site and the solution is switch off cascading style sheets in Blazer (Option/Preferences in the menu). You can still display images.
  3.    #3  
    thank you!
  4. #4  
    you could also try www.wapedia.mobi - Its supposed to be wikipedia for mobile phones. having said that, I only have it bookmarked, haven't really had time to play with it or searched with it to know if it has the same info. maybe someone else can chime in whose used it more.
    Vinnie
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by john_v View Post
    you could also try www.wapedia.mobi - Its supposed to be wikipedia for mobile phones. ... maybe someone else can chime in whose used it more.
    I use wapedia and it works great with Treo screen and Blazer. It uses wikipedia (if you select it) for its database searching and because it's wap-designed it is extremely fast, and it renders properly on small screens.

    Best solution for wikipedia on Treo, IMHO.
  6. #6  
    Cool, that works great!
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tribble View Post
    This is a well known bug in the Wikipedia web site and the solution is switch off cascading style sheets in Blazer (Option/Preferences in the menu). You can still display images.
    Well,
    when
    you
    turn
    off
    cascading
    style
    this
    is
    how
    it
    looks

    I was going to post a tread about this, because it is annoying.
  8. #8  
    Where are you all finding the option to disable CSS? I don't see this under Options/Preferences in Blazer.

    I have a Sprint-branded Centro, if that makes a difference...
    --
    "I'm too sexy for my code." - Awk Sed Fred
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by haphazard View Post
    Where are you all finding the option to disable CSS? I don't see this under Options/Preferences in Blazer.

    I have a Sprint-branded Centro, if that makes a difference...
    choose fast mode under general preferences and then you'll see the checkbox.

    took me a while too.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by profroopchan View Post
    Well,
    when
    you
    turn
    off
    cascading
    style
    this
    is
    how
    it
    looks

    I was going to post a tread about this, because it is annoying.
    hmm, once i turned it off it looked fine to me. but you can always try the mobile site mentioned above also....something i found about the mobile site, though, was that i couldn't navigate links with the 5-way...I have no idea why, maybe something about it being a WAP site?

    edit: nevermind, I realized it was because i was still in "Wide page mode" instead of "optimized mode", 5-way works fine.
    Last edited by random735; 03/18/2008 at 08:05 AM. Reason: 5-way works
  11. #11  
    Folks,

    I have another solution for that problem that you can use. If you use Google mobile as your search engine, there is an option for it to reformat search results for you phone. Turn this option on (in general it works great) and then search for "wikipedia treocentral". Then Google will properly format the pages you view perfectly going through their servers.

    This also works well for other Google search results and results in much faster rendering.

    Glenn
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by random735 View Post
    hmm, once i turned it off it looked fine to me. but you can always try the mobile site mentioned above also..
    Okay. It works for me now as well. Thanks!

Posting Permissions