Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    Which do you use and why? What features do you like best about the program you're using? What features do you wish it had?

I'm trying to decide which one to go with and I would appreciate some feedback. Thanks!
    This side by side comparison is very thorough and should help you a lot. I used it two years ago to help me make the same decision. It's in the process of being updated, but still very informative. Just an FYI, I chose Datebk6. My needs are calendar-oriented and Datebk6 was a very comfortable and efficient fit for me.
    Yep, check out the link OHD gave. (Hi OHD!! <waving>)

I also use DateBk6, and I've been using it for quite a few years now. I don't know what type of support Agendas gets, but CESD (the developer of DateBk) is very active and responsive in the Yahoo group: Pimlicodatebk. Like I said, I've been using DateBk for a while, and I am still learning neat little tips and tricks and helpful hints for it.
    It really depends on your comfort leve with this app.

I am a long-time Agendus user.... some bugs from the last few versions (where some tasks wont show up in the today view) had me trying out DateBk for a while... I liked its straightforward approach to PIMS (it loads faster than Agendus), but it had too many options to customize i really didnt have time and patience to study them and take advantage of it so i went back to AGENDUS after 2 days with DateBk.

Once you get used to one of them, there is really no turning back... and you really couldnt go wrong with either.
    DateBk6, DateBk6 and....did I say DateBk6?
    No bias here. Just the way I find it.

Treo 650. Custom ROM.

I have the most up to date registered versions of both and whenever I install Agendus to play with and customise. I get reset after reset after reset. Usually within one day of installing it, it gets chucked back into the archive again until the next round of bug fixes that do not work.
    DateBk6 is sweeter and faster and smoother and bug free (almost )

Quote Originally Posted by bluefish View Post
    DateBk6, DateBk6 and....did I say DateBk6?
    No bias here. Just the way I find it.

Treo 650. Custom ROM.

I have the most up to date registered versions of both and whenever I install Agendus to play with and customise. I get reset after reset after reset. Usually within one day of installing it, it gets chucked back into the archive again until the next round of bug fixes that do not work.
    DateBk6 is sweeter and faster and smoother and bug free (almost )

Obvious bias... Agendus is not that unstable, in fact I very rarely see crashes out of it.

I used DateBk5 on my SJ22 for a long time, but Agendus seemed to fit me better whe I got my Treo and I've used it since.
    Used Agendus off and on for some time - Treo 600 and 700p. Was attracted to the interface, some of the featuresets and what looked like a more intuitive user experience versus the competition. Deleted after each re-trial due to considerable slow-downs and resets. Consistently buggy in my experience and all the "upgrades" seemed to mostly fix bugs. No longer saw value in paying for their continuous bug fixes which never seemed to lead to an enjoyable experience in Agendus anyway. I've never tried DateBk6 but am quite pleased with 2day and MonthPlanner.
    Sprint Treo 600 (since October '03) --> PPC 6700 (exactly 29 days) --> Sprint Treo 600 --> Sprint Treo 700p --> BB Curve 8330.
    Agendus for me.
    Global Posts
    556 Global Posts
    I am a DateBk6 user. I am also a registered owner of Agendus.

I have to say that I find Agendus to be a big unwieldy monster of a program. I have found it to be slow and buggy. Nevertheless, the integration of its various components does hold some appeal for me and I periodically try it out on my Palm.

Personally, I think that both are complicated programs with lots and lots of options. However, it seems to me that you can get perfectly good use out of DateBk without ever using most of the options, not interested in Custom Views - don't use them, not interested in integrating Tasks or Contacts into the Calendar - don't do it. I continue to be impressed with the fact that, despite the many features added to DateBk over the years, its interface is remarkably similar to that of the built-in Calendar program.

Ultimately, I believe that each program owes their approach to their origins. I believe that Agendus takes a much more contact centric approach while DateBk's approach is much more event centric. Thus the utility of each program will depend on how the individual approaches their calendar.

For example, my calendar has minimal interaction with my Contacts database thus DateBk's approach has considerable utility for me. On the other hand, if my Calendar was centered on meetings, appointments, etc. relating to individuals/companies in my Contact list (say like a salesman) then I would think that Agendus' approach would provide more utility.

Anyway, this is just MHO, so take it for what its worth.
    Regards, RoninKSB
    Quote Originally Posted by RoninKSB View Post

Ultimately, I believe that each program owes their approach to their origins. I believe that Agendus takes a much more contact centric approach while DateBk's approach is much more event centric. Thus the utility of each program will depend on how the individual approaches their calendar.
    Yes, I agree and I typically explain it just that way when giving my take on the two.

I think the thing to remember with both is to not try to conquer either in a day (figure of speech, of course). Get the basics and then take it one feature at a time. I've been using Datebk for almost 2.5 years and I'm still learning new things, especially since CESD is constantly tweaking and adding new stuff...which I love, don't get me wrong! I'm far more savvy in my navigation of it now, and loving it more and more.

But just like with choosing a launcher, selecting this type of app is a very personal choice.
    I miss my calendar from my 700wx. I just started using my 755p. I like it much better overall, but miss the today screen layout and the reminders.

Will Datebk6 do what I am looking for? It is for personal use and only enter a a dozen reminders a week.
    Quote Originally Posted by ssieweel View Post
    I miss my calendar from my 700wx. I just started using my 755p. I like it much better overall, but miss the today screen layout and the reminders.

Will Datebk6 do what I am looking for? It is for personal use and only enter a a dozen reminders a week.
    Yep, it sure will.
    http://www.pimlicosoftware.com/todayscreen2.jpg

Or, if you don't want Agendas or Datebk6, then try '2Day'. Even though DateBk6 has a 'Today', I recently bought '2Day' because I like the better features it has.
    http://handheld.softpedia.com/images...ens/2day-0.gif

I use DateBk6 along with '2Day'.
    Thanks. Will look at both. I love the fact that BT sync is so much easier and more reliable on the 755 than Windows Mobile.

After 7 replacement 700wx's, each with its own problem, I switched. When it worked, it was great though.
    How do I go about getting the Icons bar to display voicemails, alerts, etc? So far, 2Day seems like what I am missing.
    Quote Originally Posted by ssieweel View Post
    How do I go about getting the Icons bar to display voicemails, alerts, etc? So far, 2Day seems like what I am missing.
    See this post ---> here
    Actually, I think I misunderstood your question.

So, here's what you do........ go to "Pref", then in the upper right, from the drop down, choose "Plugins", and from there, you just put a 'checkmark' in whatever you want to show up.
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    Delpita...how do you change the font size within 2Day? Thanks!
    Go to "Pref", then upper right, from the drop-down, choose "Display", then in the lower right, you'll see an "A" and an "A".

The best thing to do is to make just a few changes from each drop-down menu, and then take a look at your "2day" page. If you like the change, then keep it, and move on to another 'change', if you don't like it, then by only making 1 or 2 changes, you'll be able to figure out exactly what you want or don't want.

But trust me, you won't be disappointed with this app!
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    That didn't work...I want to chance the size, not whether it's bold or not. Make sense?
    Yep.......... in the same "Display" screen, look for a box and right next to that, small fonts. If you 'check' it, it will appear in small font, if you don't have a check, it will have a larger font. That's the only choice. But the bigger font fits me just perfectly.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast