Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    Hello,

Sorry for the n00b question, I tried searching but could not find the answer. I have been playing with the Treo Launcher program. I was following a thread about Treo Launcher and I saw some great screen shots from some of the member's Treos. Is there a way to grab a screen shot through the Treo or do you just snap a photo with a camera? Thanks.
    I use "TapSmart KeyLink" to browse the T680 on PC.

Then using 'Print Screen', take a snap shot

Paste it in 'Paint Shop' and edit using 'free-form select'

I think this might help!!!
    If you have an expansion card use freeware Snap

http://www.freewarepalm.com/graphics/snap.shtml

Just assign a key to be used to activate Snap (eg the Power key), enable Snap, run the program that you want to capture an image of, press the Power button and the image will be written to PALM\Programs\Snap on your card. (By default Snap will automatically disable itself after 1 image, so your power key will then operate normally.)
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    Thanks for the responses, I'll give that programa shot. thanks again.
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    Mission accomplished! I was able to use the Snap program to capture the screenshot. Thanks guys!
    Last edited by akshunj; 03/19/2008 at 09:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    If you have an expansion card use freeware Snap

http://www.freewarepalm.com/graphics/snap.shtml

Just assign a key to be used to activate Snap (eg the Power key), enable Snap, run the program that you want to capture an image of, press the Power button and the image will be written to PALM\Programs\Snap on your card. (By default Snap will automatically disable itself after 1 image, so your power key will then operate normally.)
    johncc,

I've read about this program - and some have said that you have to unload it when you are done because it may cause problems.

Do you unload/delete the program when you are done using it? Or do leave it installed? Do you have problems with the program, if so what are they?

* akshunj: do you have any probloems with this program?

Thanks!
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Rock Solid and Stable - Sprint Centro and Treo 755p
    I tried this snap software, I had a hard time making it work since this software is geared more on the other palm devices but on Treo you can only use the power button.

I was only able to get it to generate one snap shot after several tries. It will only disable after it takes the snapshot, other than that, it just keeps powering on and off.
    Quote Originally Posted by MouseGlider View Post

johncc,

I've read about this program - and some have said that you have to unload it when you are done because it may cause problems.

Do you unload/delete the program when you are done using it? Or do leave it installed? Do you have problems with the program, if so what are they?
    Don't use it much, but nor do I have any problems having it on my Treo.
    Last edited by johncc; 03/17/2008 at 05:28 PM.
    johncc,

* akshunj: do you have any problems with this program?

Thanks!
    I use this program and love it. I haven't had any problems with it.

Device: T3 >Treo 650 > Cingular Treo 680
    Handheld: Agendus Premier Edition v.12.2
    Desktop: Agendus for Windows 4.31 (Build) 1497 Palm Version
    E-Mail: Agendus Mail ssl 5.31
    Other apps: Yourcall 2.0
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    johncc,

* akshunj: do you have any probloems with this program?

Thanks!
    Hi Mouse,

The only problem I had a t first was that I tried executing Snap from my SD card which did not work. I had to copy it to the Treo and then it worked fine.
    Thanks all, I'll give it a shot - I doubt I would use it much - but there are those times when you wish you could capture a screen.

I hate to be a pain - but one more question that no one has answered - after you use the program do you leave the program "installed" on the phone or uninstall it - by that I don't mean disable the program - but truely "uninstall it from the phone" so it is no longer there - I ask because I have read somewhere that if you leave it installed on the phone - it "may" cause problems?

Thanks!
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

I hate to be a pain - but one more question that no one has answered - after you use the program do you leave the program "installed" on the phone or uninstall it - by that I don't mean disable the program - but truely "uninstall it from the phone" so it is no longer there - I ask because I have read somewhere that if you leave it installed on the phone - it "may" cause problems?

Thanks!
    I have it on my SD card. I use it mostly when testing betas. You won't have any problems if you uninstall it from the phone or move it to the SD card.

Device: T3 >Treo 650 > Cingular Treo 680
    Handheld: Agendus Premier Edition v.12.2
    Desktop: Agendus for Windows 4.31 (Build) 1497 Palm Version
    E-Mail: Agendus Mail ssl 5.31
    Other apps: Yourcall 2.0
    When I was writing more Palm software I actually wrote a screen capture utility for myself. Have to see if I can find it and clean it up and will then make it available. It will be a freebie thing.

Carl
    The Quickster
    "I'm your Huckleberry!"
    quickster,

cool - what I am looking for is to install an app (just like any other app) to invoke a screen capture - but once the app is installed, I just want to leave it on my phone ready to use again at a moments notice - I don't want to install an app, make a screen capture and then uninstall it, then reinstall it when I need it.

example, I installed an app called TCPMP which plays videos - when I want to use it, I just click on the icon, when I'm done I just switch to another program and I don't have to uninstall it - lets say a month later I want ot use TCPMP again, I just simply click on the icon again and its there ready for me to use - I don't have to look for the prc file and reinstall via hotsync

hope this did not confuse anyone as it seemed like such a simple question with no direct answer - either that or I am confused :-(
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by quickster View Post
    When I was writing more Palm software I actually wrote a screen capture utility for myself. Have to see if I can find it and clean it up and will then make it available. It will be a freebie thing.

Carl
    Quickster, how did you go about the screen capture? Do you just copy the contents of the display buffer?
    Here is the screen capture utility I wrote and have cleaned up it some so it at least behaves well on the newer devices.

I have found several apps that it does not play well with for some unbeknownst reason but think it has to do with those apps not following the de-facto standard Palm guidelines for doing things. It still gets the screen shot okay but then does a soft reset.

So give it a try and and give me some feedback. I will work some more on it to see if I can really figure out the problem but it does not have a high priority.

Carl

Using CopyMe should be pretty straightforward. It stores the screens as .bmp images in /PALM/Programs/CopyMe. You can then move them to the DCIM folder on you card for viewing. Defaults to using the side button as the shutter control.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    The Quickster
    "I'm your Huckleberry!"
    I have found several apps that it does not play well with for some unbeknownst reason but think it has to do with those apps not following the de-facto standard Palm guidelines for doing things. It still gets the screen shot okay but then does a soft reset....
    What a great idea for a program, and thank you for sharing it. Can you mention some of the programs that it is known to "not play well with" and cause resets? Just curious, helps one plan ahead!
    -- Josh
    Here is the screen capture utility I wrote and have cleaned up it some so it at least behaves well on the newer devices.

I have found several apps that it does not play well with for some unbeknownst reason but think it has to do with those apps not following the de-facto standard Palm guidelines for doing things. It still gets the screen shot okay but then does a soft reset.

So give it a try and and give me some feedback. I will work some more on it to see if I can really figure out the problem but it does not have a high priority.

Carl

Using CopyMe should be pretty straightforward. It stores the screens as .bmp images in /PALM/Programs/CopyMe. You can then move them to the DCIM folder on you card for viewing. Defaults to using the side button as the shutter control.
    quickster,

I just saw your program here - thanks fro finding it - I'll give it a try - right now I am using snap - which works pretty good.

Thanks Again!
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us