Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 28 of 28
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by cywong View Post
    How do I delete VoiceDial68K ? The file is in ROM.

    I am trying to disable voicedial as I do not use it and it is annoying that everytime I press the wired headset button, voicedial gets activated.

    Help please, anyone?
    I take it you have the GSM version, with Voice Dial "built in"? I'm not sure what you'd do, then. Mine didn't come with Voice Dial, so I purchased it and added it to RAM (hence the ability to delete the program).

    Sorry
    Check out http://mcentreville.deviantart.com/ for skins and wallpapers for TAKEphONE.
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by mcentreville View Post
    I take it you have the GSM version, with Voice Dial "built in"? I'm not sure what you'd do, then. Mine didn't come with Voice Dial, so I purchased it and added it to RAM (hence the ability to delete the program).

    Sorry
    Oh, I thought all Centros came pre-installed with voice dial. Thanks anyway. Think I may need to find a workaround.
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by mhzimmer View Post
    Does the AT&T Centro also have the same problem of the audio jack getting flakey?

    I just got the Seidio Inno Dock with the built-in audio jack (male connector molded on next to the multi-connector).

    Now I'm concerned that it may not be a good idea to have a dock that uses the headphone jack like this everyday. I used to have the audio jack problem with other Treos where they would wear out and even cause the main speaker to stop working since it "thought" the jack was plugged in even when it was not. I figured that by now Palm would have solved this problem!
    I have the PALM elbow adapter, I have it pluged into the aux wire that is in the glove box of my car.
    Every day I get in my car, plug the phone into the elbow and I get STEREO sound from it.
    Ive done this with my 650, 700, 755 and now my centro .
    Only when u use an adapter from say Radio shack do you Expand the headphone jack. Due to the fact that they are not the right size. They are almost the right size but like you said after time they stretch the port and cause problems.

    The Palm store bought Elbow adapter is the best one imo ASIDE from the seidio one with the built in mic.
    Seido's solves the issue in everyway if your worried.
    It connects like a charger.
    http://www.seidioonline.com/index.as...ROD&ProdID=864

    http://www.seidioonline.com/ProductI...0_conn_mic.JPG

    Now if we could just get an app that will allow you to Answer the phone Via your bluetooth headset while the headsetjack is pluged in-
  4. miller's Avatar
    Posts
    89 Posts
    Global Posts
    488 Global Posts
       #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by Carbone View Post
    I have the PALM elbow adapter, I have it pluged into the aux wire that is in the glove box of my car.
    Every day I get in my car, plug the phone into the elbow and I get STEREO sound from it.
    Ive done this with my 650, 700, 755 and now my centro .
    Only when u use an adapter from say Radio shack do you Expand the headphone jack. Due to the fact that they are not the right size. They are almost the right size but like you said after time they stretch the port and cause problems.

    The Palm store bought Elbow adapter is the best one imo ASIDE from the seidio one with the built in mic.
    Seido's solves the issue in everyway if your worried.
    It connects like a charger.
    http://www.seidioonline.com/index.as...ROD&ProdID=864

    http://www.seidioonline.com/ProductI...0_conn_mic.JPG

    Now if we could just get an app that will allow you to Answer the phone Via your bluetooth headset while the headsetjack is pluged in-
    I had one just like that for my TREO650 but it doesn't work with my Centro. Does this one work with a Centro??
  5. #25  
    I bought this to work with my 755P and it does not work. If I use it, then I have to do a soft reset to get my sound back. It works well on my TX, but not on the Treo755P. I would be surprised if it worked with the Centro and not the 755P.
  6. afr
    afr is offline
    afr's Avatar
    Posts
    63 Posts
    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by tsy View Post
    Agreed its an adaptor thingy. Try twisting it gently around you will get stereo sound at some positions. Well, that will teach me for buying adaptors that cost US$0.99
    My wife bought a set of headphones for the Centro and an adapter from RadShack. We got the right side sound only thing. So I put a plastic twist tie between the adapter and the Centro jack and most of the time we get great stereo. (Of course, you have to hold your mouth just right some of the time.
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by mhzimmer View Post
    Does the AT&T Centro also have the same problem of the audio jack getting flakey?
    It should, every Treo model has so far.
    at&t Treo 680, SW 2.11-ATT
    Cingular Treo 650 Unlocked, SW 1.17-CNG/FW 1.51
  8. jj2me's Avatar
    Posts
    57 Posts
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    #28  
    Ack! The headset jack problem happened to my Centro on the second insertion of a VXI Parrott CP110 wired headset. VoiceDial initiation, and lack of sound to the earpiece thereafter. Returned it to Verizon and got a new replacement.

    And just as quickly on this second Centro, the same problem seems about to happen. Even though I've only inserted a wired headset three times, I'm now seeing the extraneous VoiceDial application start up when pulling out the headset plug.

    After searching the internet, I now find out that this is a common problem, beginning with the Treo 600. But I use a wired headset about 80% of the time. And I partially bought the Centro for listening to audio using PocketTunes Deluxe. A functional headset jack is very important to me, yet some of my searches had posters recommending to never use the headset jack.

    Quote Originally Posted by Carbone View Post
    ...
    you should have just went to a local repair center and had them fix the headphone jack, turn around time is usually less then an hour-
    What local repair center? My searches didn't turn up any Palm or Verizon local repair centers. I would be more than happy to pay for a permanent fix from a competent repair center.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions