Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    I need some advice on the best way to move the data from my Palm Desktop (Win XP) to a new VZ 755P. I am planning to give the new Treo the same device name as my current 700P. When I do my 1st hot synch, will all 3rd party apps be sent to the New Treo 755P? I'd rather move just the contacts, tasks, calendar etc & then later install each application separately over time. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    I used a full restore from NVBackup to go from my 700p to my 755p with no problems. I did it as a test with plans to restore files individually, but I didn't have to. I only had to re-pair my BT devices and restore a few Prefs....
    Quote Originally Posted by brianbro View Post
    I need some advice on the best way to move the data from my Palm Desktop (Win XP) to a new VZ 755P. I am planning to give the new Treo the same device name as my current 700P. When I do my 1st hot synch, will all 3rd party apps be sent to the New Treo 755P? I'd rather move just the contacts, tasks, calendar etc & then later install each application separately over time. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Sprint? If so, then what you suggest is recommended when going from firmware 1.08 to 755P. And as dcpmark suggested, a full restore will be ok from 1.10 to 755P, but I would still recommend a clean install just to tidy up. Good luck.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    I though Sprint's latest rom update was 1.07 - is there a new 1.08?? - is there a link for that one?

Thanks!
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Rock Solid and Stable - Sprint Centro and Treo 755p
    ^NO. I was refering to the 700P firmware versions. The OP is changing from 700 to 755. But I guess I missed the part where he is on verizon.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!