Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Hi there. I'm having a problem with many of the games that I have on my phone (and new ones that I've downloaded). I can't seem to figure out how to exit out of the game. Most games don't have an "Exit Game" feature in the menu, and since many of them "commandeer" the Home and Phone buttons for use in the game, I can't find a button that will actually exit out of the game. The "End" button simply puts the phone in "standby" (like it always does). I keep having to do a reset every time that I pick a game that doesn't allow me to exit. Is there something I'm missing?

WATYF
    Some games don't have that function in them properly.

There's 2 ways around it.

-Install an app that lets you assign apps to all hardware buttons (i.e., Butler, assign green button to load app X). The green button will exit those games and load said app (since games don't use this button), even if other hardware buttons won't.

A free way to do this is assign your "hold down side button" to an app, such as VoiceRec. Hold down the side button and it will launch that app and exit the game.

-I believe some games let you bring up the "Find" popup (alt + magnifying glass or whatever it is). While this popup is up, you can exit by pressing the Home button.
    or try option + hardkey...
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    option hardkey didn't work... but I did find something that did. Hit the End button so that it goes into Standby, and then you can hit Home or Phone (or whichever) to go to any of those apps.

[EDIT]Nevermind... that only works on some games... for the love.[/EDIT]

WATYF
    Global Posts
    554 Global Posts
    I always just bring up the about dialog and then hit the home button to exit games
    http://phwelo.mobi
    for any questions or to send a donation: phwelo@gmail.com
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    OK.... I found one that appears to work for most games: Option then Home.

WATYF
    Are you sure "option" then "home" isn't working for you? It works on every app I have. "option" is the button to the left of Z.
    Hold side button (with Callrec assigned) usually works for me.
    I found the same thing on the Centro when using Handmark's Tetris (v1.3) game - every button will flip the block and not exit like it does on the Treo 650.

Solution I found, pausing the game and then clicking on Home or any other button does exit the game.