Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    I'm about to upgrade from my VZ 700P to the VZ 755P. Several friends who use Sprint have continuing looping and re-set issues with their 755P's. Is this unique to Sprint or do the phones from VZ suffer the same problems?
    I have a Sprint 755p and I have no looping reset issues. My phone has reset about 3 times in the past 3 mopnths and it was from corrupt files or unstable apps I installed.
    Sprint Treo 755p (blue) with SanDisk 2GB miniSD card. some of my apps installed: TakephOne, DateBk6, 2Day, 4Cast, BellTime 1.0, Palm PDF, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Kinoma 4, TCPMP, Webmessenger, Card Reader, Slingplayer Mobile, Mobipocket Reader, PS Memo, Virtual Piano, Resco Backup, Cleanup, Uninstall, Destaller, Virtual Piano, Favogo, Snap, Thesaurus, TryDA, Colorize, ChatterEmail, DBFixit, Icon Manager, Noah Pro Dictionary, zLauncher, FileZ, RNS Cuckoo Clock, 25 games.
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    It might be my imagination, but it seems like more people have been complaining about Verizon's BT stack causing more resets than Sprint's does. But for all I know it's the same stack.
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    I have a Sprint 755p and have never had any looping or random resets...
    Hard question to answer unless you have both sides only use the phone with stock rom as is practically.

I can get my Sprint Treo to loop reset by installing 3rd party apps, deleting files, etc, but it has more to do with the apps than anything.
    yeah pretty much what papped said. I have a sprint 755 and its stable as any phone (most of the time and the only time that I ever get resets is almost always after I install some random 3rd party app. When I just leave it alone it never resets. Now that doesn't mean you can't tweak it out with software that you want I just recommend you do it slowly.. install one app and see how it reacts for a couple of days. If you don't get any resets then you should be okay. Now like any OS you are going to get a crash here and there but it shouldn't be anything big.
    I have a VZN 755 and it has crashed a few times in the 2 months I have had it and I agree most of the time it is application related. It has never reset out of the blue or when when I have been on the phone, playing Pocket Tunes, etc. I just started using a BT earpiece so I can not comment on that yet.
    700P...755...Pre+...Pre 2...Touchpad
    I've had 755p since the day Verizon released it. Completely stable. Works well with my 4 different Bluetooth headsets and stereo with Softick Audio Gateway.

I did find one app: "Ringer Switch Basic v1.7.3", which would cause an infinite loop upon any soft reset. Looks like the author knows it because there are instructions on how to deal with the problem.

BigClock would crash anytime I accessed the Menu (but a partial patch V2.83t3/Treo 600 by Andreas Schneider seems to have solved the problem for me)

BackupBuddy shows an error message when I think it's complete:
    "Unable to complete operation for SLPROVLOG.pdb
    (The file is still open. (0x2A04))."
    But I'm using NVBackup instead without problem.

My only unresolved issue is that sometimes when I end a call: the phone app stops the call timer clock, but doesn't really return control to me for several seconds. Other than this issue, the whole experience with the 755p has been very good.
    BradS

Pilot Pro-->III-->Vx-->Tungsten E-->T|X-->Treo 755p
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bpsherwo View Post
    My only unresolved issue is that sometimes when I end a call: the phone app stops the call timer clock, but doesn't really return control to me for several seconds. Other than this issue, the whole experience with the 755p has been very good.
    Two things to try:

1) use the red hangup button instead of the center button in the 5-way navigator, and
    2) set your Date/Time preferences to get nothing from the Network.

Let us know your results.....
    I have the Sprint 755p. It was fine until I installed the ROM update. Now Blazer freezes every few minute. I have done a full RTN reset, and blazer freezes with no 3rd party apps installed, nor VM setup. I would definitely not recommend you install the ROM update, if you buy the Sprint version.
    Matty
    Fascinating, the 'get nothing from network'. I have a Verizon 755p and I have had a variety of stability issues mostly relating to Iambic Agendus, but occasionally relating to BackupBuddy (after hotsync) and other legacy apps which may go all the way back to my Palm III.

I have noticed that 'losing the network' can hang the Treo or even cause a reset. I wonder whether turning off that feature will make a difference. I'll give it a try.

H.
    I have Sprint and the Treo 755p and this is the first Treo I've had that has NEVER had a single issue. It's almost too good to be true.
    I got my unit on 12/19 and can finally say that it is stable provided:

1. I turn off the automatic setting of date and time (instead, I turn it on once a day to sync up);
    2. I never launch Agendus from a hardware button;
    3. Abandoned BackupBuddy conduit in favor of regular backups to SD by BackupMan and NVFS backup; and
    4. Permit Reset Doctor to flush the dbcache at 6M or below.

It's taken 3 months, but I've been reset-free for 4 days now. I never held that record with my T|X.

Harold
    Mobile lawyering since 1988: Seiko --> Sharp Wizard --> Sharp Zaurus --> Palm III --> IIIx --> Vx --> m515 --> T|2 --> T|3 --> T|X --> Treo 755p --> HTC Droid Incredible
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    verizon data plan is expensive man!
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    I've found that virtually ALL of my crashes are due to corrupted databases. Whenever I start noticing crashes, I run dbFixIt (best $13 I ever spent on Palm software) and the phone becomes stable once again. Can't say enough about this wonderful software.
    Load SafeGuard and understand what is causing the crashes!

Jeff
    Global Posts
    605 Global Posts
    In some very informal comparison tests, I noticed that 2 coworkers who have nearly factory-fresh Sprint 755p's (just 3-4 small games installed) had periodic random resets with ROM 1.04 but those random problems went away with the 1.07 update (go figure).

My VZW 755p with 1.06 and a heavy load of apps seems about as stable as their clean 1.04 Sprint 755p's but not as stable as their phones with 1.07. It might be worth noting that I have Versamail 4.01 installed and they use the standard VM 3.5.4 that's in ROM.

I have a feeling we'll never see a ROM update for the Verizon version but I'd certainly love to see it!
    Pilot 1000-->Pilot 5000-->PalmPilot Pro-->IIIe-->Vx-->m505-->T|T-->T|T2-->T|C-->T|T3-->T|T5-->TX-->Verizon Treo 700P-->Verizon Treo 755p-->Verizon Motorola Droid + Verizon Centro--> Verizon Motorola Droid X + Palm TX-->Verizon Droid Bionic + Palm TX
    Two things to try:

1) use the red hangup button instead of the center button in the 5-way navigator, and
    2) set your Date/Time preferences to get nothing from the Network.

Let us know your results.....
    EXCELLENT!

I'm using your suggestions and have found my issue appears to be solved.
    Thank You!
    BradS

Pilot Pro-->III-->Vx-->Tungsten E-->T|X-->Treo 755p
    Quote Originally Posted by hgoldner View Post
    I got my unit on 12/19 and can finally say that it is stable provided:

1. I turn off the automatic setting of date and time (instead, I turn it on once a day to sync up);
    2. I never launch Agendus from a hardware button;
    3. Abandoned BackupBuddy conduit in favor of regular backups to SD by BackupMan and NVFS backup; and
    4. Permit Reset Doctor to flush the dbcache at 6M or below.

It's taken 3 months, but I've been reset-free for 4 days now. I never held that record with my T|X.

Harold
    Harold,

Re point 3 above. What problem did BBuddy cause. Did you use it to back up automatically or only when you asked for it. Do you have a way w/o it to back up to your computer as well as to a card?

Thanks.

BB
    I was getting resets with every Hotsync so long as the BackupBuddy conduit was activated. Since I backup religiously to an SD card every night (and again after hotsyncing each weekday at the office), the importance of a backup-to-PC is minimal.

I have since excluded a significant number of files from BB's conduit and turned the conduit back on. So far, so good.

Harold
    Mobile lawyering since 1988: Seiko --> Sharp Wizard --> Sharp Zaurus --> Palm III --> IIIx --> Vx --> m515 --> T|2 --> T|3 --> T|X --> Treo 755p --> HTC Droid Incredible
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast