Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by WATYF View Post
    There is one other thing that has come up.... Is there any way to turn off the "button pressing sound" without turning off all System sounds? I can't stand that incessant "doot doot doot" every time I click or scroll anything, but I have applications that use the System sound settings as their volume control (for whatever reason)... so when I turn the system sound off to get rid of the "doot doot", I also end up turning off the sound of these applications. Anyone know a way around this?
    You can use YAHM (Yet Another Hack Manager) and the hack, "KeyClickHack" to do this. Both are available free from:

http://yahm.palmoid.com/

You can also use "TreoKeyHack" (along with YAHM), to silence the clicks, as well as add some other options, like select/highlighting, etc.

I went from a Kyocera 7135 to the Treo 650, and also miss some of the built-in features (like highlight a phone number, press the phone button, and it dials; or, my favorite: when listening to music and a call came in, it would say, "Incoming Call -- Answer?" and if I said, "No," it put the person through to voicemail and I could keep listening).
    Check out http://mcentreville.deviantart.com/ for skins and wallpapers for TAKEphONE.
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    ooh... nevermind... That Profile app actually separates the "System" sounds from the "Alert" sounds, so I set system to Off and Alert to Low and then my app started working again. This profile thing rocks.

WATYF
    Did hitting the menu button a second time fix your backing out of menus issue?
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cavingjan View Post
    Did hitting the menu button a second time fix your backing out of menus issue?
    Well, it's not just a "menu" thing. I didn't explain it too well. It's more of a "go back from anywhere" thing. Yeah, hitting the menu button again closes the menu, but that's only one aspect of it. Like I mentioned, many games won't let me exit because there's no "go back" button... same with other areas where you open a dialog and have to do something in order to get out of it. Some dialogs offer a "Cancel", but some don't... it's just nice to have one button you can hit for every time you want to "leave" wherever you are.

WATYF
    Thanks for the post and everyone for the answers. I'm coming from i500 too.

McPhling looks like it will work as a "go back" for me. Like Switchhack used to. I assigned it to the side button. For those wondering what it does, it works like the button on a TV remote that switches between the last two channels. This will be real handy if it still works wile on the phone to go back and forth between the phone and calendar or notes or contacts.
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    Not every phone has always done that. Some of those features don't exist on some of my Nokias. As far as vibrate to sound, you do realize you have the switch at the top right? And you can use Profiles to do a silent fairly quickly when needed.
    Do you know that holding down the HOME button for about a second gives you a list of the last half dozen applications and you can jump directly to any of them. Much more flexible than a simple back button.
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by allonon View Post
    As far as vibrate to sound, you do realize you have the switch at the top right?
    This has been covered. Profiles did the trick for this problem, though. Very handy app.

WATYF
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tribble View Post
    Do you know that holding down the HOME button for about a second gives you a list of the last half dozen applications and you can jump directly to any of them. Much more flexible than a simple back button.
    Yeah... I noticed that the other day. It's handy, but still not what I'm talking about. I guess you'd have to be used to having this feature to miss it. It really is handy.

WATYF
    If you want a good keyguard

This is the best one I have seen (and used): http://megasoft2000.com/product.php?...ct=KeyguardExt

Right now I am using this one (Very handy with weather): http://forum.smartphoneexperts.com/s...=160989&page=8
    Installing a launcher program (i use zlauncher) will make the home button always work, in all the games ive tried, exit worked every time just by pushing the home button.. but this was only AFTER i installed zlauncher.
    WATFY, when you used profiles to separate system sounds from alerts, did you still get alarms for Diddlebug? I noticed that Diddlebug seems to use the volume setting from the system sounds.

As far as the switchover, I just came from the i500 a couple months ago. I believe that most of the integration you like was not native Palm OS and was custom programming from Samsung. Some of that custom programming was good (as you mentioned) some bad (like the way they hacked up the native datebook so you couldn't use any of the custom midi alarm files you see posted all over the place). I agree that it was a much better phone (excluding the lack of bluetooth). However, I have found the 5 way navigator to be excellent replacement for some of the button issues and I don't miss graffiti at all. I can't remember the last time I had to take out my stylus for the Centro LOL.
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deibelsan View Post
    WATYF, when you used profiles to separate system sounds from alerts, did you still get alarms for Diddlebug? I noticed that Diddlebug seems to use the volume setting from the system sounds.
    Yes. In the "General" section of the profile, I set System Sound to "Off" and "Alarm Sound" to Low. Then Diddlebug started working again.

Quote Originally Posted by deibelsan View Post
    However, I have found the 5 way navigator to be excellent replacement for some of the button issues and I don't miss graffiti at all.
    Oh yeah... I hated Graffiti, but never found myself needing to use it, fortunately.

WATYF
    I, too, came from an i500 and really miss the page up and page down volume button feature as well! I just put in a feature request to Butler to add this functionality, I recommend everyone who wants that back to send an email to their support to request the feature. I received a very friendly response saying that it would be added to the request list.

There are many things I miss about the i500 but the Centro is a very worthy replacement. Missing the flip has been mostly overcome with the extremely intuitive Treo key guard functionality (as it always locks itself and the quick unlock, no comparison to the Q and Blackjack).
    Hear more talk about my Centro and other industry news, go to thecellphonejunkie.com for a great weekly cell & smartphone podcast.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    I would also like to see a simple back button. Sometimes you get into a program and realize you need to return to the previous screen. Unfortunately, you have to start over.
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jam200 View Post
    I would also like to see a simple back button. Sometimes you get into a program and realize you need to return to the previous screen. Unfortunately, you have to start over.
    Maybe we should request that this be included in Butler. If they add the page up/down support to the side buttons, and add the ability to assign a "Back/Cancel" feature to any button, It'd be worth the money for me.

WATYF
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    As a current Butler user, I concur.
    would also like to see a simple back button. Sometimes you get into a program and realize you need to return to the previous screen. Unfortunately, you have to start over.
    Butler and mcphling already have this feature. I don't know what I would do without it. I use the side up and down buttons as the last app and the next app (back and forth) mapped with butler. I also did a custom mapping using mcphling and I mapped the backspace button on the keyboard to the back button. Now when I hold the backspace button I go to the last app.
    Everex Freestyle - Casio E-105 - Palm Vx - Treo 90 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Treo 650 - Treo 700p -Centro
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    If you want a good keyguard

This is the best one I have seen (and used): http://megasoft2000.com/product.php?...ct=KeyguardExt

Right now I am using this one (Very handy with weather): http://forum.smartphoneexperts.com/s...=160989&page=8
    Great weather app!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12