Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    What a cleaver guy!!

BB
    Version 2.04 of SafeGuard was just posted to the GoTreo website.

SafeGuard Website

Jeff
    was there any changes in coding on this version or this is just the release from beta
    Quote Originally Posted by italiangspot View Post
    was there any changes in coding on this version or this is just the release from beta
    There are a great deal of changes in this version.

Version History
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson View Post
    Version 2.04 of SafeGuard was just posted to the GoTreo website.

SafeGuard Website

Jeff
    Talk about irony.....I downloaded the latest CrashGuard from the website. When I went to install it it crashed my 755p and sent it into its first never-ending reset loop. Pulling the battery has so far not helped.

By the way, the first version worked great.....
    I have safeguard installed along with ResetDoctor from Hobbyistsoftware....

should I disable ResetDoctor? or do both SafeGuard and ResetDoctor play nicely together?

is resetdoctor even needed now that I have safeguard?
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dcpmark View Post
    Talk about irony.....I downloaded the latest CrashGuard from the website. When I went to install it it crashed my 755p and sent it into its first never-ending reset loop. Pulling the battery has so far not helped.

With this latest version, mine didn't crash but SafeGuard itself kept on asking for a soft reset. After the 4th soft reset, it finally took and is working correctly now. Weird...
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    Did you download the new version on top of the old version? I had disabled the old version, then reset my 755p, then deleted the old version and DBs using LauncherX, then downloaded and tried to install the new version.
    I just downloaded the latest version of TAKEphONE and SafeGuard with my latest HotSync. Since that download, when I soft reset my device, i get a popup box asking if I want to "turn phone on" "Yes" "no" when the system comes on, which never has happened before and my 680 automatically calls the last number I dialed. Anyone have something like this happen to them?

EDIT/Update: Problem solved. Had a new chatter mailbox that I didn't complete creating. For some reason, that was the cause.
    Last edited by Shinner23; 03/20/2008 at 02:16 PM. Reason: Solved
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    Did you download the new version on top of the old version? I had disabled the old version, then reset my 755p, then deleted the old version and DBs using LauncherX, then downloaded and tried to install the new version.
    I disabled the old version and did a hotsync to install the new version. Done this a few times already since I was part of the beta group, with no issues before. I didn't bother to do what you did and probably won't since it works now but something is definitely weird if folks are having issues with installing this new version...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinner23 View Post
    I just downloaded the latest version of TAKEphONE and SafeGuard with my latest HotSync. Since that download, when I soft reset my device, i get a popup box asking if I want to "turn phone on" "Yes" "no" when the system comes on, which never has happened before and my 680 automatically calls the last number I dialed. Anyone have something like this happen to them?

EDIT/Update: Problem solved. Had a new chatter mailbox that I didn't complete creating. For some reason, that was the cause.
    Now that is a problem that I have never heard of before! Thanks for posting it!

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson View Post
    Now that is a problem that I have never heard of before! Thanks for posting it!

Jeff

I had no such problem. I did deactive CG first.

BB

This is very unusual! If you are still having the problem, send me your phone number to support@GoTreoSoftware.com and I will call you ASAP.

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    I have safeguard installed along with ResetDoctor from Hobbyistsoftware....

should I disable ResetDoctor? or do both SafeGuard and ResetDoctor play nicely together?

is resetdoctor even needed now that I have safeguard?
    No problem with the 2 in any way! In fact, Hobbyist Software and GoTreo are offering a incentive program for these two products. SafeGuard has taken crash management to a completely new level. But ResetDoctor does a great job of protecting your Saved Preferences file and doing the "right" kind of cache cleaning. The integration between SafeGuard and ResetDoctor will become even stronger very soon. Rob and I have been discussing our integration strategy.

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by dlai View Post
    With this latest version, mine didn't crash but SafeGuard itself kept on asking for a soft reset. After the 4th soft reset, it finally took and is working correctly now. Weird...
    Don't know why this would have happened! I have never seen this in the lab. From 2.04 and beyond, upgrades should be very clean. 2.04 introduced a new file management system to hopefully guard against this type of behavior. But to be safe, you should follow these installation practices:

1) Disable any current version of SafeGuard
    2) Perform a soft reset
    3) Install the new version of SafeGuard
    4) Run the new copy of SafeGuard
    5) Perform a soft reset

After step 5, all should be fine.

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by blazorboy View Post
    I had no such problem. I did deactive CG first.

BB
    This is the expected outcome!

BTW: SafeGuard is the name of the product.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123