1.    #1  
    received a treo 650 from ebay today, (problem)realplayer does not recognize the sd card with music but media will show the pictures on it, have tried two different makes of cards. I tried the card in a 700p and it will play, any ideas
    Quote Originally Posted by dnecker View Post
    received a treo 650 from ebay today, (problem)realplayer does not recognize the sd card with music but media will show the pictures on it, have tried two different makes of cards. I tried the card in a 700p and it will play, any ideas
    Real Player will only play .mp3's, is that what you have on your card?
    Sprint Treo 755p (blue) with SanDisk 2GB miniSD card. some of my apps installed: TakephOne, DateBk6, 2Day, 4Cast, BellTime 1.0, Palm PDF, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Kinoma 4, TCPMP, Webmessenger, Card Reader, Slingplayer Mobile, Mobipocket Reader, PS Memo, Virtual Piano, Resco Backup, Cleanup, Uninstall, Destaller, Virtual Piano, Favogo, Snap, Thesaurus, TryDA, Colorize, ChatterEmail, DBFixit, Icon Manager, Noah Pro Dictionary, zLauncher, FileZ, RNS Cuckoo Clock, 25 games.
  3.    #3  
    dollface,they were cd's that were downloaded to my desk top and then sent to a sd card, I did the same to a 650 that I had lost in the woods last fall, and it worked in it. thanks
    dollface,they were cd's that were downloaded to my desk top and then sent to a sd card, I did the same to a 650 that I had lost in the woods last fall, and it worked in it. thanks
    It sounds like you have protected material there, when you buy CD's the tracks have a license to play them. After you download the CD, you can burn that CD so many times and transfer it to a portable device so many times. Most of them even require that you transfer the CD tracks to your portable device using Windows Media Player 9 or above. On your PC, go to one of the music files (are they .mp3?) and right click on it and click properties, see if it says Protected.
    Sprint Treo 755p (blue) with SanDisk 2GB miniSD card. some of my apps installed: TakephOne, DateBk6, 2Day, 4Cast, BellTime 1.0, Palm PDF, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Kinoma 4, TCPMP, Webmessenger, Card Reader, Slingplayer Mobile, Mobipocket Reader, PS Memo, Virtual Piano, Resco Backup, Cleanup, Uninstall, Destaller, Virtual Piano, Favogo, Snap, Thesaurus, TryDA, Colorize, ChatterEmail, DBFixit, Icon Manager, Noah Pro Dictionary, zLauncher, FileZ, RNS Cuckoo Clock, 25 games.
  5.    #5  
    dollface ;yes they are in mp3,what I can not understand is that the same card worked in a 700p but not in this one, when you go into card info it recogonizes the card but realplayer will not? I hope that I don't have to do a hard reset. THANKS (NOT PROTECTED)
    No I don't think it's hard reset time yet. Perhaps the SD card just needs reformatted from using it with the old 650. Do you have a lot of stuff on the card? Copy it all over to your PC, then format the card, and then move the stuff back. If the music is not protected, it is strange that Real won't find it.

EDIT: oh, if you just got the 650 yesterday, you did do a hard reset before you hotsynced it, right? If not, yes, then perhaps do a hard reset for a fresh start.
    Last edited by dollface; 03/13/2008 at 12:28 PM.
  7.    #7  
    I have done a hard reset and then reformatted the card and renamed it realplayer, same end results. Can a new program be downloaded to the treo 650? Very confussed.
    I have done a hard reset and then reformatted the card and renamed it realplayer, same end results. Can a new program be downloaded to the treo 650? Very confussed.
    What do you mean you renamed it realplayer? What did you rename? If you did a hard reset, real player is in ROM and can't be deleted. You don't need to rename anything. Try installing one .mp3 file in RAM (main memory) on the phone and then open Real Player and see if it finds it. Then use FileZ (fee program download) to move that .mp3 file to your card and see if Real Player finds it. If it does, it will create its own folder on your card.
  9.    #9  
    Hi again, when I reformatted the sd card, it wanted me to rename the card. I just downloaded a 7 day free trial version of (BUSKER) and the sd card with the music is playing well on the treo 650, so it has to be something in the realplayer program that is not working right. I would like to use realplayer if I can figure it out. THANKS
    Hi again, when I reformatted the sd card, it wanted me to rename the card. I just downloaded a 7 day free trial version of (BUSKER) and the sd card with the music is playing well on the treo 650, so it has to be something in the realplayer program that is not working right. I would like to use realplayer if I can figure it out. THANKS
    Well to be quite honest, you are not missing anything with Real Player, just my two cents but it is a dog and has no technical support whatsoever. On the 755p they give us Pocket Tunes as the native player. Now that is a good player. But if you want something that will play several formats of video and also .mp3 audio, download the free TCPMP for Palm. You can store it and use it from the SD card too.
    Last edited by dollface; 03/13/2008 at 06:23 PM.
  11.    #11  
    I have installed tcpmp and it works fine, later on I will buy pocket tunes but this will do me for now and thanks alot for your input.