1.    #1  
    Hi all;

I have a need to capture my chat logs on the Centro into a text document of some kind. I have tried doing the copy / paste routine using the standard installed apps, but run into copy buffer limitations and memo size limitations. Then I installed ClipPro, which helped some, but I run into a clipboard size limitation or something. At any rate it isn't working like i need it to.

So, does anyone have any suggestions for a utililty or a way to go into Centro text messaging , select an entire chat conversation, and save it (send it?) to a text application where it can be exported?

Thanks for all your help!
    Lonnie
    Theres a product for your pc that captures them via hotsync. Its called TreoDesktop.

Ive been using it for awhile and I love it.

Bruno also is incredible with his support.

Do a search for it and youll find it pretty easily. Hope this helps.
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    any way to delete the SMS history? ( as far as who youve sent to)
    You can purge all older messages older than a certain time period. Just go to Menu and Purge when you are in the sms application.
    As far as deleting only your sent messages, I am not sure if there is anything to do that.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Hdhntr23 View Post
    Theres a product for your pc that captures them via hotsync. Its called TreoDesktop.

Thank you much for the information. I've downloaded it and registered Treodesktop... but can only get it to sync SMS messages I've moved to the SAVED file. Am I missing something?

Thanks again,
    Lonnie
    Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    what about something like this:
    http://mytreo.net/downloads/picturesms,1190.html
    PictureSMS 1.14 (for Palm OS)

FEATURES:

� Picture SMS Caller ID
    � SMS Scheduler
    � WAV/MP3 message tone (requires Pocket Tunes)
    � SMS chat mode design
    � Option to block unwanted SMS or sender
    � SMS backup solution
    � SMS Statistics (Incoming, outgoing, blocked SMS count)
    � Export SMS to Memo (For viewing your SMS on your PC thru Hotsync)
    � Export SMS to text file (For printing your SMS on your PC)

� Option to suppress SMS popup
    � Utilizes the Treo built-in Memo and Address Book/Contacts
    � Test the media setting before enabling it
    � Dial the number of the sender directly from PictureSMS
    � Better SMS forwarding implementation
    � Unlimited multiple recipients (Send to Many)
    � Add a new contact in Address Book directly from PictureSMS
    � Character and SMS counter
    � Send and receive unlimited SMS length
    � Intuitive interface
    � Option to save all incoming SMS to Memo in real-time
    � Can work with other ringtone manager (LightWav, CallFilter, Ringo, etc)
    � Safety feature on sending to many recipients
    � Option to automatically disable keyguard when an SMS has been received
    � Send scheduled SMS to unlimited/multiple recipients
    � Option to show SMS picture ID in black & white
    � Supports pictures and sound files located in the RAM (Treo internal memory)
    � Check radio and signal quality before sending
    � Integrated nag alert on unattended SMS
    � Quick reply button. No more reason for late reply.
    � Full Integration with Treo's NAND system which is deeper than the DBCache. This results to more stable SMS handling and better protection against SMS loss during crashes and sudden loss of battery charge.
    � Replaces textual emoticons with graphical ones. Full support for the Treo's built-in emoticons.
    � Supports clickable link for email addresses and URLs.
    � Ability to change the color of the text chat window.
    � Ability to change the display name in the text chat window.
    � Supports bigger font in text chat and new SMS windows.
    � Option to use date/time system format.
    � Option to hide the SMS when the New Text Message window appears.
    � Added picture caller ID on the SMS list (LilPic�).
    � Added PictureSMS addressbook.
    � Option to set a custom picture and sound alert to no caller ID senders.
    � PictureSMS can now be assigned as the default SMS application in the Treo Preference.
    � SMS Scheduler and Compose New SMS now support adding recipients by contact category (e.g. Unfiled, Business, Personal, etc.) Only mobiles phone will be added and recognized. Applicable to both Treo built-in phonebook and PictureSMS addressbook.
    � Now supports any picture sizes including the Treo camera pictures for the picture Caller ID and LilPic�.
    � QuickText Template.
    � Supports ARM decoding of pictures resulting to speed and manipulation improvements.
    � Implements search-while-typing SQL query scheme on contacts.
    � FREE: pSMSLauncher Plug-in.
    � NEW: Added support for the internal MIDI and WAV/MP3 added by MiniTone or Music Tones. This includes the PictureSMS media setting and SMS Nagger.
    � NEW: Added support for sending and receiving SMS to/from email addresses.
    � NEW: Added auto-refresh when SMS is forwarded or resent.
    Has anyone tried this on the Centro for backing up text messages? I would like to be able to back them up on my desktop for viewing/printing so that I can purge the old ones from being on my phone.
    +1 for TreoDesktop
    Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
    +1 for TreoDesktop
    Would this replace palm desktop?
    Would you have to take extra steps to view the messaging database or do you just hotsync and look in TreoDesktop and everything is there synced like how it is with PalmDesktop?

I tried SMS2CVS and I have to manually go in and copy the messageingdatabase file in order to convert it to CVS. Would I have to take this extra step with TreoDesktop?
  10.    #10  
    As I use it, TreoDesktop does NOT replace Palm desktop. It does not have a calendar, ability to save media from the centro, etc.

I routinely synch with Palm desktop, and after I have hotsynched, I open TreoDesktop which then imports the SMS messages and phone call records into TreoDesktop. I can manipulate them from there, deleting the records I don't need.

Lonnie
    Exactly what Ivanderslice said.

It doesn't replace hotsync. All it does is import your messages from the hotsync'd messages .prc file. Give it a try. It's free and you don't have to worry about screwing anything up.
    I gave it a try and I love it!

Do I have to enable "Backup" in hotsync in order to sync my messages? I notice that it takes a long time to sync my messages and my call log.
    Everytime I sync, does it just add to the existing database of my call log and message log or does it replace it with what's store in my phone?

Where is the file that it uses located? I would like to be able to backup this file.
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hdhntr23 View Post

nice.. thanks for the tip. trying 30 day trial and like it, but would/will not spend $25 just to manage SMS.. bit over-priced for all that it basically does IMHO.. not only that, you cannot even secure it so anyone could come along and read and view all your SMS on your computer
    Quote Originally Posted by turbulent View Post
    any way to delete the SMS history? ( as far as who youve sent to)
    Go to sent box... and purge

only thing is that you'll delete all your messages in your logs, but their messages remain..

So before
    Me: ajfd;ajk
    You:afjdd;
    Me:faje;jk;aj
    You:dl;fjal;ejk;fjd

Go to sent and purge
    then it will look like

You:afjdd;
    You:dl;fjal;ejk;fjd
    Sony n710 --> N760 --> NX70 ---> NZ90 ---> 4get sony ---> Treo 600 -- and two weeks later--> (Feb 05)Treo650 .... (March '08) Centro... Palm Pre (launch date)