Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Now that I've switched back to my faster 2gig sd card from a 4gig card, I've noticed how much longer my battery life is. I use call rec which is fairly card intensive, but I noticed that the 4gig card slowed down a lot of everyday processes. Now that I'm back to a faster card, my battery life has significantly improved!
    What were the 2 cards formatted as?
    Same brand and class?
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Not sure how formatted. 4gb kingston, 2gb pci card. I popped them both in and just used 'em .
    If this really has something to do with battery life then I'll be truly sol when I get my 8gig... hello extended battery!

I have a 4gig now & I don't notice THAT much battery drain(although since I hard reset last night its been draining like mad), but then again I've never used any other card so I have naught to compare it to.
    I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by fleeing the scene of the accident!
    There is a way it can affect it.

I don't think just having it inserted will noticeably affect battery life.

But apps that search for files on the SD card, if you have a lot of files, takes time and resources. So if you end up doing that a lot it will affect battery life.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    With call rec, even hanging up the phone took forever with the slower card. Doing something like a backup with rscbackup was horrible. centro ran slow and subsequently drained a lot of battery.
    Generally speaking though most people do not experience much of a performance difference even with the lower class cards.

Now counterfeit cards is a different story.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by papped View Post
    Generally speaking though most people do not experience much of a performance difference even with the lower class cards.

Now counterfeit cards is a different story.
    Hmm... mine was a kingston 4g card taht I got at Fry's electronics for $29. Taking pictures and writing them to the card was horribly slow also.
    Quote Originally Posted by dyuyeno View Post
    With call rec, even hanging up the phone took forever with the slower card. Doing something like a backup with rscbackup was horrible. centro ran slow and subsequently drained a lot of battery.

thats because your recording every phone conversation.
    That is whats draining you battery life.
    the sd card has nothing to do with battery life,
    like stated above its the searching that app's do which will drain the card.
    Like kinoma, it searches for media everytime you open it. So if you open it 12 times in a day ofcourse its going to be searching longer and taking even longer to open.
    The card itself isnt drainin the battery. Its the USE of the phone..
    Hmmm that may be why I'm getting such crappy battery life, I run most of my apps from the card. I'm going to try moving them to RAM(cause I've got 30 megs just sitting there...) & see if anything gets better.
    I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by fleeing the scene of the accident!
  12. tsy
    Quote Originally Posted by KabukiAssassin View Post
    Hmmm that may be why I'm getting such crappy battery life, I run most of my apps from the card. I'm going to try moving them to RAM(cause I've got 30 megs just sitting there...) & see if anything gets better.
    How bad is your battery life? Yes I have a 8GB card and notice mild degradation of battery life compared to a 2GB card. Still I am at 50% at the end of the day... acceptable
    I USED to be around 50% too, but after I hard reset last week, I'm down to about 30%. No idea what's up.

BUT- after moving my apps to ram, I HAVE noticed a slight increase! Underclocking works well too.